PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Tint Law 2 b back

nautiboi73
04-19-2005, 10:58 PM
I have it on good word that that Law in GA will be offically back in come the beginning of May. Just giving all a heads UP. I know most everyone already knows but I just wanted to give that heads up to those that didn't know or didn't pay attention.

Hulud
04-19-2005, 11:01 PM
will people be grandfathered in?

nautiboi73
04-19-2005, 11:12 PM
NOPE
check it out
http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2005_06/search/hb20.htm

Turbo04
04-19-2005, 11:30 PM
small loop hole where it says +/-3% on the 32% limit. Small but still there.

atl_galant2k3
04-20-2005, 05:54 AM
DAMMIT!....

accordon17s
04-20-2005, 08:50 AM
So wats the legal limit 35% or 20%

Nittanys1
04-20-2005, 11:33 AM
32%

I'm glad that when I went to get my tint redone I didnt go with 5%...instead i got 20%....I was driving down Hwy20 a few days ago and saw and accord that had 5% all the way around...even the front windshield...i couldnt see in that thing at all...not even the dash or steering wheel!

Sthrnba711
04-21-2005, 04:30 PM
Does this law apply to every vehicle in the state, like even the ones passing through. I remember the news saying that even vehicles from other states could be ticketed even if the tint was legal in the state where the vehicle is registered. If so, this law is unconstitutional on the interstate act or something like that. You can't enforce something like that on a car not regesitered in the state.

swiftblaze
04-21-2005, 05:43 PM
from what i've heard, it will apply to vehicles driving through the state.. i've had 20% on two previous cars and never had a problem with cops though. dunno, if you get pulled over roll your windows down and put your hands on the steering wheel and you should be fine.. ;)

Chris

Sthrnba711
04-21-2005, 06:12 PM
Yeah i've never had a problem either and I have 5%. I think its a bunch of crap anyways. Its not like its making it any safer cause the back passenger windows can be as dark as you want.

Nittanys1
04-21-2005, 06:13 PM
no they cant they need to be 32 too

PhatbacK
04-21-2005, 08:31 PM
oh well i know im screwed...i got my windows tinted to like 15 when the law was dropped

Hulud
04-21-2005, 10:52 PM
eh fuck em
most cops were made fun of in high school and then decide to take out their frustration on our generation because they are fucking losers.

Turbo04
04-21-2005, 11:52 PM
eh fuck em
most cops were made fun of in high school and then decide to take out their frustration on our generation because they are fucking losers.

Nice moronic statement there. They are just doing their job, and if your breaking some type of law and get caught doing it, how does that make them "fucking losers"? Granted some cops are pricks some of the time, but for the most part they act with dignity and respect when they are treated the same. And no I'm not a cop. God I hate when people make such ignorant statements. Thats like saying everyone joins the military cause they think they are gonna get to shoot someone.

Hulud
04-22-2005, 12:07 AM
no its not its a generalized statement form the treatment i have received from cops even when i have done nothing wrong. they judge me just like your doing.

Hulud
04-22-2005, 12:09 AM
i treat them with respect but i NEVER have goten the same even when i reported myself getting harassed by some 40 year old who thought i disrespected him

Hulud
04-22-2005, 12:17 AM
Nice moronic statement there. They are just doing their job, and if your breaking some type of law and get caught doing it, how does that make them "fucking losers"? Granted some cops are pricks some of the time, but for the most part they act with dignity and respect when they are treated the same. And no I'm not a cop. God I hate when people make such ignorant statements. Thats like saying everyone joins the military cause they think they are gonna get to shoot someone.
they are not doing their job, one time i was sitting outside of my work (on a break) and a cop told me to leave(because he thought i was loitering) i was dressed in my work clothes (grocery store shirt and pants) now tell me hes just doin his job.....

eViLMunkey
04-22-2005, 07:43 AM
Good thing I didn't get my windows tinted yet...

KNHTRDR
04-22-2005, 07:47 AM
Oh well, I'm screwed!!!

Turbo04
04-22-2005, 09:13 AM
they judge me just like your doing.

Look at the statment you made.
eh fuck em
most cops were made fun of in high school and then decide to take out their frustration on our generation because they are fucking losers. Sounds exactly like some 15 year old who's trying to sound cool in front of his friends. When you get on here and post something like that, you expect NOT to be judged?

they are not doing their job, one time i was sitting outside of my work (on a break) and a cop told me to leave(because he thought i was loitering) i was dressed in my work clothes (grocery store shirt and pants) now tell me hes just doin his job.....

If he thought you were loitering, then apparently he was doing his job. Just because your dressed for work, doesn't mean you can do no wrong at your store. I'm sorry that you've run across the bad seeds of the bunch, but if you've really been treated that bad, do something about it. Your withing your rights to inquire about their badge number and nothing is stopping you from reporting them for the treatment you felt is wrong. Nothing happens if you just bitch and don't take action.

Hulud
04-22-2005, 09:20 AM
yea i never thought to get their badge number but i have written complaint to the cobb county police

Hulud
04-22-2005, 09:24 AM
i know what i said was totally generalized and i klnow it doesnt pertain to all cops but thats just my animosity towards them, because of how ive been treated.
like one time i got rear ended at a light so i called the cops and told them where we had pulled in so as not to block traffic. the dispatcher told the officer the wrong entrance into this big office park. the cop was pissed at me because she couldnt find us.....
i dunno just the cops i have run into have been all jackasses

If he thought you were loitering, then apparently he was doing his job. Just because your dressed for work, doesn't mean you can do no wrong at your store. I'm sorry that you've run across the bad seeds of the bunch, but if you've really been treated that bad, do something about it. Your withing your rights to inquire about their badge number and nothing is stopping you from reporting them for the treatment you felt is wrong. Nothing happens if you just bitch and don't take action.
yea but why would you harass someone who is dressed in work clothes waiting outside for their break to end? i mean do they have nothing better to do? i know i COULD to bad things at work but i was just sitting there, it wasnt like i was stealing something.

Hulud
04-22-2005, 09:26 AM
Sounds exactly like some 15 year old who's trying to sound cool in front of his friends. When you get on here and post something like that, you expect NOT to be judged?

yea i see how you could but seriously if you only ran into cops who have been jerks wouldnt you assume that too?(i said most not all because i know not all are like that) its not like i have run inot just one its been plenty of cops.

Turbo04
04-22-2005, 10:24 AM
yea but why would you harass someone who is dressed in work clothes waiting outside for their break to end? i mean do they have nothing better to do? i know i COULD to bad things at work but i was just sitting there, it wasnt like i was stealing something.

How was he supposed to know that you were on break? Did you have a giant "I'm on break" badge on? I have ran into quite a few cops who were jerks to me. One time I was leaving ATL and heading onto 75N where it splits from 85. That little curve, there was oil dripping down on to the road from a bridge over it. I hit it, and ended up in the wall. So two cops show up, one was all acting like a bitch to me and accused me of speeding and that he was gonna write me a tickect. But the other on was like "I know it was oil, don't worry about the other guy, he's just havibng a bad day." And another time my car had broke down and I was like 20 miles from home with no phone any where to be seen. So a friend and I were walking to a phone on the side of the road, when a cop rolls up and tells us not to walk on the road. I explained what had happened, and he was just like "yeah, right" and drove off. Pissed me off. So I got the # of his car and filed a report on his ass, then I got a call from him 3 days later and he appologized to me about it.

TooSlow
04-22-2005, 11:20 AM
I have had my %15tint since before the law was dropped and I never got pulled over for it but now I am scared the cops are gonna really crack down on it since it is a new law and that it has been on the news. that my :2cents:

djdetox
04-22-2005, 12:36 PM
Fuck those pansies, I mean shit! If they don’t even have the balls to approach a car with tinted windows what makes you think they are going to protect your ass in a real life threatening situation?? Fuck em….I don’t see why they don’t scan our license plate and mail me a fuckin ticket! It seems like this would solve a lot of problems!

Steve,

Sthrnba711
04-22-2005, 02:16 PM
I dont know how they can pass a law and say that i have to remove tint on my windows when i got them tinted when there was no law. That cost money plus you have to retint them which cost even more.

KNHTRDR
04-22-2005, 03:41 PM
Yep, but it's not like we DID NOT know this law was gonna come back...

RXWarrior2
04-22-2005, 09:12 PM
From what I read, it sounds like if we have a window sticker across the front windshield, or a sticker on the rear glass, it's illegal unless it's within the small confines of either the lower passenger side, or lower driver's side glass. Am I reading this correctly? Also, looks to me that the tint coming down from the top of the glass a few inches is also illegal too.

twkg
04-22-2005, 09:57 PM
if it effects your view

RXWarrior2
04-22-2005, 10:04 PM
Thx for the clarification

nautiboi73
04-23-2005, 08:27 AM
I have had my %15tint since before the law was dropped and I never got pulled over for it but now I am scared the cops are gonna really crack down on it since it is a new law and that it has been on the news. that my :2cents:

Yea I see a crack down coming just because of the laspe in teh law, but that is just my view. B4 the law went out, all agencies were not enforcing the tint law to a T, but I am assured that since it has become a issuse , a public issuse at that, that all agengies will be instructed to stop all vehicles that apear to have illegal tint. IMO

nautiboi73
04-23-2005, 08:46 AM
I dont know how they can pass a law and say that i have to remove tint on my windows when i got them tinted when there was no law. That cost money plus you have to retint them which cost even more.

no grandfatethering. sorry. And in my thoughts I would be mad at that shop that sold you t dark film without letting you know that it was coming back. Any True professional in this field knew the laws were coming back, from our supplies, our industry leaders and organizations, our magizines. they would have known. or maybe they did and didn't want to inform you so that that could make more money off you in the long run. that is not a reputable shop. or maybe they did tell you but You didn't care. I don't know, but all of my customer knew the law was coming back in effect because I told them.

Oh and a word 2 those with the illegal stuff. Our supples will not honor their warranties on illegal tint jobs, so even though it was installed at a time when there were no laws, the warranty cover that film and shade, and shops will not be abel to remove and replace the film is replacing it will consitute an illegal job.

nautiboi73
04-23-2005, 08:48 AM
From what I read, it sounds like if we have a window sticker across the front windshield, or a sticker on the rear glass, it's illegal unless it's within the small confines of either the lower passenger side, or lower driver's side glass. Am I reading this correctly? Also, looks to me that the tint coming down from the top of the glass a few inches is also illegal too.

6 ' form top of windshield is all that you are allowed, and you must be able to see throguh it.

Hulud
04-23-2005, 06:00 PM
How was he supposed to know that you were on break? Did you have a giant "I'm on break" badge on?
acutally i had a sing around my neck....lol
but seriously why would he harass someone who works at that store? just makes me wonder why he didnt have better things to do.

I have ran into quite a few cops who were jerks to me. One time I was leaving ATL and heading onto 75N where it splits from 85. That little curve, there was oil dripping down on to the road from a bridge over it. I hit it, and ended up in the wall. So two cops show up, one was all acting like a bitch to me and accused me of speeding and that he was gonna write me a tickect. But the other on was like "I know it was oil, don't worry about the other guy, he's just havibng a bad day." And another time my car had broke down and I was like 20 miles from home with no phone any where to be seen. So a friend and I were walking to a phone on the side of the road, when a cop rolls up and tells us not to walk on the road. I explained what had happened, and he was just like "yeah, right" and drove off. Pissed me off. So I got the # of his car and filed a report on his ass, then I got a call from him 3 days later and he appologized to me about it.
atleast there was a nice cop there too, but yea all i have run into are cops that are jerks.
like this one...(wish i had his badge)
There was a police car with its lights on and an officer standing outside his vehicle, so I stopped at the stop sign and proceeded slowly toward the officer with my window down. I thought he was stopping cars for a seatbelt check or a curfew check. As I approached him he shouted “WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?” I responded saying, “I was just wondering if I could get by?” and he then responded roughly, “Don’t you see my car in the road?” I said, “Yes, but I was wondering if I would get by?” He then responded by saying, “No, my car is in the road!”
Its like they assume you are there to tick them off. i mean his car was on the right shoulder not in the 'middle' of the road. He didnt explain why i couldnt go past and there didnt seem to be anything wrong with the road so i was just puzzled why he was so rude... but ya know oh well

mp5o
04-24-2005, 02:35 AM
THats lame. I just go 20% done this week. It looks good... If you roll down your window when a cop drives by you'll be fine. IMO

nautiboi73
04-24-2005, 02:54 PM
THats lame. I just go 20% done this week. It looks good... If you roll down your window when a cop drives by you'll be fine. IMO

doubt it, but worth a try. IMO