PDA

View Full Version : power window regulator?

3kgtdrvr
02-23-2006, 04:12 PM
so my window made a weird pop yesterday when i put it up on time and then ever since when the window goes all the way up, right as it touches the top of the door it just jumps up and down instead of firmly seating. i opened up my door today and the teeth on a half moon looking gear are eaten up right at the window would be at the top. the lady at advanced said it is the window regulator, but they dont make them apparently for a coupe? so she cant order one for me. so i guess i gotta get one at a junkyard or if someone on here has one, but what exactly should i get/replace? how would i go about replacing it too with that metal sheet in the way? thanks

Ludester
02-23-2006, 04:21 PM
you have have to detach the window from the driver/guide (whatever you wanna call it) down at the bottom. Its the only thing that keeps the window in place when the regulator is going up or down besides the rubber peices on the edge of the door. Once the window is detatched then take the window completely out of the door. I think there should be three screws holding the regulator in place. Different cars might be set up differently. Its that simple man. Then hook up the new/used regulator and gently put the window back in place. Hook the window up to to the horizontal guide and tighten the bolts. Make sure that the window is in place and also make sure that you have all the rubber peices on both sides of the panal.

P.S. you will have some small technicallities but nothing a little common sense won't solve for you. Live finding the the right place to unhook the window etc....etc...

Hope that helped you out a little.

3kgtdrvr
02-23-2006, 04:36 PM
this is what the inside of my door looks like though :( the regulator is kinda like right underneath where the door handle is

3kgtdrvr
02-23-2006, 04:39 PM
should i try to like take it all apart and slip it out of that big hole in the bottom left corner? and like try to wing it when i put the new one it?

Ludester
02-23-2006, 04:44 PM
have you unhook the window yet?

don't take anything apart until you take the window itself off first. because if you don't and undo the regulator and window drops, then you'll also need a new window too.

yes! thats the way to get the regulator out. undo those 5 bolts that look kinda goldish in the last pic you posted.

3kgtdrvr
02-23-2006, 04:59 PM
i havent taken anything else apart yet bc i still have to drive it until i can find a new regulator so i need windows. damn, so u seriously have to like manipulate that thing out of that hole? its gonna be a bitch to get all that back in!

Ludester
02-23-2006, 05:02 PM
i havent taken anything else apart yet bc i still have to drive it until i can find a new regulator so i need windows. damn, so u seriously have to like manipulate that thing out of that hole? its gonna be a bitch to get all that back in!

no you won't need new windows unless you break this one lol.

in order to get the regulator out you have to take the window off. if you play with button that moves the window up and down. inside that big gap you will see that the window is being held up by some kind of horizontal bar. loosen the screws and wahlah! the window is loose.

3kgtdrvr
02-23-2006, 05:29 PM
naw, i just meant i havent taken anything else apart yet bc i need to have my windows to drive my car around until i can get a new regulator.

Ludester
02-23-2006, 05:38 PM
You just get the regulator. if window is moving then the motor is fine. you can try mistubitshi. A car body shop can get it for you too. I would expect about somewhere around a $100 for it; give or take. Its hard changing it the first time but after the first time you get use to it. I've changed mine like three times already.

Mitsubitshi or a body shop can get it for you.

3kgtdrvr
02-23-2006, 05:42 PM
actually its in my new civic, but ive found a couple regulators at diff places but im still gonna shop around a bit. thanks for all ur help man, i really appreciate it

Ludester
02-23-2006, 05:47 PM
actually its in my new civic, but ive found a couple regulators at diff places but im still gonna shop around a bit. thanks for all ur help man, i really appreciate it

no problem man. let me know how it works out for you.