PDA

View Full Version : Southern Car Customs Autofest (2006???), Savannah, GA

scarcustoms
02-22-2006, 08:45 PM
Here we go agian.... First and foremost thanks to Paul and the crew of IA for all the support with last years show.

Well we are in the first stage of planning to see if we will be having a show for 2006. I would love to say we were defintely going to have this show but, we are still waiting to see if some of our large sponsors are going to come back this year.

The reason I am posting is b/c we have been in talks with the Convention Center and they have offered us a few dates and the one we are looking at is:
Friday June 9, 2006 Rollin
Saturday June 10, 2006 Show
Sunday June 11, 2006 Show

We are looking to close the show a little earlier on Sunday this year and we are also working on having many more events and things to see and do... We are even looking at a drift event if the Convention Center will allow it and if one of our sponsors come through for us.....

Please post you suggestions and comments here in this posting and please let us know who may be willing to attend.....

Also please let us know about any other conflicting events or shows that you may see or know of...

Thanks
George Meyers
President - Southern Car Customs Inc

Also feel free to email me or call me.....
[email protected]
(912) 961-9222
(912)961-9222

Brett
02-22-2006, 09:13 PM
George, Elite will be there without a doubt, we had a great time in Savannah.

But getting more spectators will be a must, No one enjoys showing at a event that has a lack of that. Get them in this time brotha!!

Nittanys1
02-22-2006, 09:24 PM
You know ELITE will be there!!!! just like brett said get ppl to come and spectate!!!

Pass out fliers across the river hell maybe you can work something out with the restaurants that if they have a show ticket you can get like $3-$5 off your meal

rollininstyle2004
02-22-2006, 09:26 PM
Ill be there :goodjob:

pacman031
02-22-2006, 09:28 PM
post up on all the car forums in ga. most of them have links on midgatuner.com

4dmin
02-23-2006, 01:32 PM
we will be there fo sure

lowjack
02-23-2006, 11:40 PM
Team ECI will be there again in 2006 with the latest rides, changes/upgrades as well as number of new members. We are looking to supporting a good outfit like SCC who is keeping the scene alive and kicking.

No blowing motors on the way there this time though.

The only suggestion I have is to see the event last one "long" day rather than 2.

UNLESS we can rollin on Saturday by 10 AM which keeps us in the hotel 1 night. That would be MUCH easier.

Of course if there is a drift event that could require a 2nd day. The biggest issue I had was dropping 300 plus bucks for a hotel room at the Westin. Just a tad pricy for a close spot on the right side of the river. Getting super deal pricing on there could curb that.

We are there either way, I would also suggest spme daytime events that would fuel the show. Bikini contest, Jello/foam Pit, SQL, etc.

Looking forward to doing it again!

The Yousef
02-23-2006, 11:49 PM
...hmmmm

i may just show up

karatekidd
02-24-2006, 11:33 AM
have you decided on classes yet? if so, please post....

Nittanys1
02-24-2006, 03:02 PM
they havent even decited on what they are doing for the show....

If its the same as last year its

1-3 2dr mild
1-3 2dr wild
1-3 4dr mild
1-3 4dr wild
and i dont remember the rest :D

Crowml
02-24-2006, 03:37 PM
300 at the westin? Dude we dropped like $80 a day at the hotel with a neon pineapple on it. Security was tight (john couldn't sleep) entertainment was awesome (ron was drunk and on a pixie stick high) and the hotel room was always clean (they even cleaned out my wallet for me when I left it on the night stand...MOTHER FUCCERS!!)

No serisouly, it wasn't bad. We each paid like 33 for the hotel rooms (2 nights) and had a blast.

Nittanys1
02-24-2006, 03:39 PM
yeah but then again we were not within walkin distance of everything....

scarcustoms
02-25-2006, 03:29 PM
Great posts everyone good comments and great opinions we love the help.... We are still deciding if the show will go on and we are in talks with the Convention Center. Most of our plans will depend on if we can raise enough sponsors and get enough vendors. As you all may or may not know it takes alot of money and man power to put on this show and these are some of the things we are trying to work out before we commit.

Thanks
George

Also if you all have any ideas or contacts for sponsors and vendors please let us know it would be greatly appreciated. We also would like for you all to send your pictures from last years show so we can begin posting them on the new site.....

Thanks agian for the help.....