PDA

View Full Version : Misc Got Curry??

IndianStig
04-19-2005, 04:10 PM
I was wondering how many of you have ever eaten Indian food.
Did you like it or not.

If you wanna try it got to Bombay Grill (off of 285 in Chamblee-Tucker exit, near boling alley and italian, i think its called mad italian) and try their Chicken Tikka Masala and thier Kebabs platter. Be sure to order some garlic nan and a sweet or mango lassi. Man this stuff is good and the service is great.

Kevykev
04-19-2005, 04:25 PM
http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=2760

word!

IndianStig
04-19-2005, 04:31 PM
Sounds good, but wait till you try this shit.

Kevykev
04-19-2005, 04:40 PM
that shit does sound good, but wtf are yo tryin to say? there shit is better than my mom's west indian home cookin'?

IndianStig
04-19-2005, 04:45 PM
No man, home cooking kicks any restaurants ass!! Can she make Chicken or Beef patties, if so I want tome!!

Kevykev
04-19-2005, 04:50 PM
LOL word she gets a lot of my American Friends HOOKED!!!

She used to cook for the Guyana Association of Atlanta Events years ago.

IndianStig
04-19-2005, 06:56 PM
So you ever tried Indian food Kev??

FrnkPwrs
04-19-2005, 10:14 PM
Yea, indian food is the shit. Ever eat at Persopolis on Roswell RD? Food is good! I love kabobs

Kevykev
04-19-2005, 10:20 PM
So you ever tried Indian food Kev??
west indian but not straight up indian.

I am yet to taste the hands of my friend Dharmesh's mom.

FrnkPwrs
04-20-2005, 03:25 AM
When I was 17 i lived with my homeboy, and his mother would come to our apt and cook. Wed always eat kabobs, hella rice, and this bread, its really flat and thin. But the chicken kabobs are the best. I used to eat that all day every day

Jaimecbr900
04-20-2005, 08:32 AM
I can't hang with spicy food. I've got a buddy who likes curry though.

DemonEyez
04-20-2005, 08:41 AM
i hope these indian restaurants your talking about dont have orange chicken etc cus most of the bigger fancier indian or pakistani restaurants aren't really authentic. and being pakistani and used to authentic food man that pisses me off cus it tastes like shit.

AtifSajid
04-20-2005, 09:26 AM
Look if you guys want the real deal go to Jimmy Carter, and there is a place called Moguls..they got the real deal food in there. If anyone wants to go, let me know. I took Paul and Kate up there one time, and they loved it. We need to do that again.

DemonEyez
04-20-2005, 09:38 AM
atif man you lived in atlanta longer than me i need to ask u where all the good authentic places are. i only really know of 1 or 2.

AtifSajid
04-20-2005, 10:16 AM
Ive ate at a bunch of places, but my favorite is Moguls. Its the real deal. The only other place I love was food Planet, but it closed down about 3 years ago.

Hit up Moguls. you wont be dissatisfied if you like real authentic Desi food. There paki in there too.

DemonEyez
04-20-2005, 10:30 AM
aight man can u gimme a idea as to where it is. might hit it up today for lunch. ya know if they be open?

IndianStig
04-20-2005, 12:45 PM
That flat bread, is called roti, its like our staple food.
And If you want too eat at the best Indian restaurant in chicago, head to Jaipur Palace, its my uncles and hes had big name guests there who comeback alot, the main being MJ and Bill Clinton.
But I think hes shutting down in a year or so.

The Yousef
04-20-2005, 02:08 PM
Look if you guys want the real deal go to Jimmy Carter, and there is a place called Moguls..they got the real deal food in there. If anyone wants to go, let me know. I took Paul and Kate up there one time, and they loved it. We need to do that again.

hey i'm game...we can have a IA desi night out!!

The Yousef
04-20-2005, 02:11 PM
oh yeah not sure if this place is still around but:

zaikah (i think thats how you spell it)....my cousin had her wedding catered by them...kicks ass! chicken 65...(drool)....

yousef

btw:
Naan...<---that style of roti kicks ass ...

DemonEyez
04-20-2005, 02:28 PM
acutally i just checked i already ate at moguls. I kinda like haandi better cus their 6 buck lunch buffet is awesome. free naan, plow, chicken botti, korma.. man its all good.

The Yousef
04-20-2005, 02:39 PM
acutally i just checked i already ate at moguls. I kinda like haandi better cus their 6 buck lunch buffet is awesome. free naan, plow, chicken botti, korma.. man its all good.

where is this place at?

IndianStig
04-20-2005, 03:45 PM
How many of you all been to that place Gullies?? I heard is a pretty good place, a bunch of my Islamic friends go there and they say its awesome, especially some sort of special burger. Is that a halal burgerjoint??

Oh yeah whos been to that indian restaurant for the $9?? lunch buffett called The Palace, they have like 40 dishes. And its as good as when Pakistan got there asses handed too them by India in the 2003 World Cup!! JOKES. :)

RandomGuy
04-20-2005, 09:54 PM
Ive ate at a bunch of places, but my favorite is Moguls. Its the real deal. The only other place I love was food Planet, but it closed down about 3 years ago.

Hit up Moguls. you wont be dissatisfied if you like real authentic Desi food. There paki in there too.
food planet lol... didnt u used to own that or something? It was RIGHT across from my doctors office heh.

One of my boys owns a restaurant also on Jimmy Carter, well actually its on Rockbridge, where it meets JC... It is called "KOHINOOR" it is a great indian/pakistani restaurant. The atmosphere is much better but a lot of desi stars go there by name and shit.

Mughals is also great get their "Kabab Rolls", white boys... yall with LOVE THAT SHIT. Its only like 5 bux but 1 fills you up like anything and its freakin good. really spicy tho (specially for yall).

damn i didnt know there were so many damn desis on IA :gay: lol jp

AtifSajid
04-21-2005, 07:21 AM
How many of you all been to that place Gullies?? I heard is a pretty good place, a bunch of my Islamic friends go there and they say its awesome, especially some sort of special burger. Is that a halal burgerjoint??

Oh yeah whos been to that indian restaurant for the $9?? lunch buffett called The Palace, they have like 40 dishes. And its as good as when Pakistan got there asses handed too them by India in the 2003 World Cup!! JOKES. :)

YO man Gullies is FUCKEN GOOD. I love that place all halal american food. Its tastes damn good.

AtifSajid
04-21-2005, 07:22 AM
hahaa..there are a lot of desi's in IA. But yeah Moguls is bangin to. I just get real good service at Moguls, thats why I eat there. All this damn eating Desi food is making me want some. I think I might hit one up tonight..later..

Tunerforlife..whats your name..

Dragonfly5338
04-21-2005, 11:59 AM
I love indian food but it gives Tray the poops. Anyone want to go with me sometime? :(

The Yousef
04-21-2005, 02:03 PM
food planet lol... didnt u used to own that or something? It was RIGHT across from my doctors office heh.

One of my boys owns a restaurant also on Jimmy Carter, well actually its on Rockbridge, where it meets JC... It is called "KOHINOOR" it is a great indian/pakistani restaurant. The atmosphere is much better but a lot of desi stars go there by name and shit.

Mughals is also great get their "Kabab Rolls", white boys... yall with LOVE THAT SHIT. Its only like 5 bux but 1 fills you up like anything and its freakin good. really spicy tho (specially for yall).

Kohinoor is awesome...i went to a couple of desi parties up there...food kicks ass! yeah dude much better ambience

The Yousef
04-21-2005, 02:04 PM
I love indian food but it gives Tray the poops. Anyone want to go with me sometime? :(

i'll go....can i drive the evo? pllllleeeeeeaaaassseee? :) i'll let you drive the lude..... :goodjob:

IndianStig
04-21-2005, 03:25 PM
hahaa..there are a lot of desi's in IA. But yeah Moguls is bangin to. I just get real good service at Moguls, thats why I eat there. All this damn eating Desi food is making me want some. I think I might hit one up tonight..later..

Tunerforlife..whats your name..
My names Mehul.
Hey your sig says you got a 99.5 A4. Is it by any chance white. If so did my dad interview you for a Job at our old dry cleaners??(1.79 Cleaners on Buford Drive)

Sledlude
04-21-2005, 06:42 PM
i love some desi food since i was raised on it.. but it gives most white folks the runs ive notice.

accrdpusha
04-21-2005, 06:50 PM
I dint think that moghuls was that good. When my family first moved here, we opened the first indian restaurant in Georgia called Anarkali, that shit was good, not to be egotistic. Now a days, all the food tastes the same. Another really good place is Panahar off of Buford Highway. There food is good and the atmosphere is great , but aint nothing like the real thing back home where you gotta eat off steel plates and steel glasses and the food is made right in front of you.

IndianStig
04-21-2005, 07:42 PM
Anyone remember that place Hawlees. I went there when that was the only restaurant and that shit was nasty, man the service was shit and the food tasted alright but felt old, I heard it opened backup, is that true??

Sledlude
04-21-2005, 07:46 PM
maharaja on the northside... chicken tikka is thr shizzle

IndianStig
04-21-2005, 07:49 PM
maharaja on the northside... chicken tikka is thr shizzle
I second that, they always hook us up good at parties, and the food is good but not hot enough.
But it still gets the white boys going like this :toilet:

The Yousef
04-21-2005, 11:45 PM
i love some desi food since i was raised on it.. but it gives most white folks the runs ive notice.

we have the genes to prevent the curry shits....lol

SaraX5
04-24-2005, 01:52 AM
Yea, indian food is the shit. Ever eat at Persopolis on Roswell RD? Food is good! I love kabobs

Correction- Persepolis is PERSIAN FOOD. And if you like Persepolis you have to go to Mirage.... OMG they are the shit.

AtifSajid
04-25-2005, 01:41 PM
My names Mehul.
Hey your sig says you got a 99.5 A4. Is it by any chance white. If so did my dad interview you for a Job at our old dry cleaners??(1.79 Cleaners on Buford Drive)

hahahahaa..nope..dont do dry cleaners..its black.

4dmin
04-25-2005, 01:53 PM
I can't hang with spicy food. I've got a buddy who likes curry though.na i don't like dick but i a got a friend that does :rolleyes: j/k (thanx for sharing jamie)

Look if you guys want the real deal go to Jimmy Carter, and there is a place called Moguls..they got the real deal food in there. If anyone wants to go, let me know. I took Paul and Kate up there one time, and they loved it. We need to do that again.That place for sure has the best indian food i've ever had... some people my be taken back by the experience b/c its real deal home style you order, pick up your food, sit yourself, etc. it is definatly worth is though, the 4 of us ate and it was under 30$ w/ enough food for probably 6 people.

there is an indian buffet on pleasant hill, its not the best b/c it buffet, but they have a good lunch for anyone in the area. also hit up Bamboo Garden around pleasant hill/peachtree ind blvd it is chinese/indian try the "crispy lamb" great shit!!! this place has really good food but seem to be mroe chinese (i'm white what do i know) and really spicy.

IndianStig
04-25-2005, 02:07 PM
^bamboo gardens is the shit!!!
Chinese with and Indian Twist. Im hungry.

Dj Varitek
05-02-2005, 09:00 AM
d00d.. when i was in japan.. i ate at this place called 'Co Co ichi' EVERY DAY .. i'm hooked oh curry.. mmmmmmmmmmm think i should open a curry joint... =p yum.

LiL PaKi
05-09-2006, 02:09 PM
^bamboo gardens is the shit!!!
Chinese with and Indian Twist. Im hungry.

Hot wok is better!

LiL PaKi
05-09-2006, 02:16 PM

his In-laws owned it...

NiLLy
05-09-2006, 02:18 PM
KOHINOOR AND ZYKA ALL DA WAY BITCHES

LiL PaKi
05-09-2006, 02:34 PM
KOHINOOR AND ZYKA ALL DA WAY BITCHES

damn i'm hungry... I can go for some of Zyka's chicken 65!!!

Sledlude
05-09-2006, 04:14 PM
talk about back from the dead...

NiLLy
05-10-2006, 02:17 PM
KYA!?!?!?