PDA

View Full Version : *** Yo Mastakilla ***

Kryptonite
02-21-2006, 10:46 AM
I gotta 04 Srt4, this is my problem : Was gettin on 316 and noticed my car didnt have as much pull, then the check engine light came on - I can hear the intake like a motha now, but the turbo doesnt seem to be spoolin as much. I started paying more attention to the Boost gauge, noticed only pushing around 4lbs of boost. The car usauly pushes at 13lbs. I've taken it to the dealership and so far they only called to question me about my BOV, which is the Mopar upgraded bought and installed at Gwinnett Place Dodge , and has been on the car atleast 2 months. Any ideas will be appretiated.. Them playing the guesseing game at the "dealership" dont make me feel to good. THanks -

Kryptonite
02-21-2006, 09:17 PM
Bump

blackboi50
02-21-2006, 09:39 PM
yo ant that suxs man...........can i race u now????????..........sorry that was a low blow...............free bump.

Kryptonite
02-22-2006, 12:45 AM
yo ant that suxs man...........can i race u now????????..........sorry that was a low blow...............free bump.
:lmfao: Sad part you might win

Member31410
02-22-2006, 04:16 AM
Just some suggestions if you haven't done it already... reset your ECU, check all clamps, check for hoses that might have popped off, see if boost gauge is bad.

Spike
02-22-2006, 07:10 AM
How much boost you running Ant? Could be the TPS short problem that has plauged the 04's.

The BUCKY
02-22-2006, 08:41 AM
try www.srtforums.com

Turbo04
02-22-2006, 08:30 PM
what was the code you threw? The TPS issue makes the car idle at like 3k and such however it could very well be that....

SilverJester
02-22-2006, 11:05 PM
you probably have a boost leak. Your not hitting full boost because it is leaking out somewhere, which is also why you hear the turbo spooling so much louder. :2cents:

SpoolBus
02-23-2006, 06:03 PM
Hey I would start by checking all intercooler pipeing. If your hearing the "intake noise louder" that could be a charge pipe just about off..then you would hear the loud whoosh of the turbo...happened to me once when the stock charge pipe came off...next check ALL vac. lines...best way is to go from the boost selinoids and follow all color lines and make sure none of those (cheap) stock rubber fittings are spilt...they would still look connected but can be split around connection. Then I would check to see if the Mopar BOP(blow off plate)not BOV is tight to the turbo housing..if any air is passing through around it (between blue plate and silver valve or turbo housing) it would most deff. do this. But FIRST THING turn the key from off to ignition on NOT START 6 times (on,off,on,off ect.) and it will display the check engine code where the milage is...when you get the engine code post it up and we will know your prob... :goodjob:

Nitro
02-23-2006, 09:16 PM
haaaaaaaaaa!!! i figured it out homies............catalitic converter :king:

SpoolBus
02-24-2006, 07:05 PM
haaaaaaaaaa!!! i figured it out homies............catalitic converter :king:

Wow...thats a 1st I must say....HOW? Did it break apart/get blocked somehow...If so thats most deff. a 1st....Good job fixing it...BARRETT TONIGHT....TOYS R US...I'll be there come join :goodjob:

Spike
02-26-2006, 03:28 PM
Yo Ant, what grade of Gas are you running????

Nitro
02-26-2006, 06:24 PM
Wow...thats a 1st I must say....HOW? Did it break apart/get blocked somehow...If so thats most deff. a 1st....Good job fixing it...BARRETT TONIGHT....TOYS R US...I'll be there come join :goodjob:

preciate homie........damn hadn't been up on here ....how waz it?

SpoolBus
02-27-2006, 05:57 PM
preciate homie........damn hadn't been up on here ....how waz it?

It was good...a bunch of SRT's...a pretty nice Blk. Neon w/kit...would have been nice to see the new ride...maybe next time? :bigok:

Kryptonite
02-27-2006, 10:46 PM
Yo Ant, what grade of Gas are you running????
Premium - the only gas i run