PDA

View Full Version : Misc Classical Indian Music?

Sledlude
02-20-2006, 07:17 PM
it may be a stretch... but does anyone dig this kinda music? I personally think its amazing. very relaxing to listen to, and extremely hard to make. These cats are talented.

There is a radio show on WRAS 88.5 (GSU's station) every sunday night from 8-10 called RADIO MADRAS. I highly recommend those with diverse musical tastes check it out...

for a preview of what theyve got, theres a website: www.radiomadras.blogspot.com

what you think?

quickdodgeŽ
02-20-2006, 07:46 PM
Indian as in Middle Eastern or Indian as in Native American? Later, QD.

The Yousef
02-20-2006, 10:25 PM
it may be a stretch... but does anyone dig this kinda music? I personally think its amazing. very relaxing to listen to, and extremely hard to make. These cats are talented.

There is a radio show on WRAS 88.5 (GSU's station) every sunday night from 8-10 called RADIO MADRAS. I highly recommend those with diverse musical tastes check it out...

for a preview of what theyve got, theres a website: www.radiomadras.blogspot.com (http://www.radiomadras.blogspot.com/)

what you think?

my parents listen to it all the time...i'm slowly but surely getting used to it...but yes i do agree it can be relaxing...

Sledlude
02-22-2006, 08:02 PM
Indian as in Middle Eastern or Indian as in Native American? Later, QD.

indian as in from india.

GsrTurbo320
02-22-2006, 08:07 PM
South Asian Music

UpSideDownDesi
02-23-2006, 01:43 PM
ya some old songs are classis. I am not gonna deny that i don't listen to them....i do from few old movies, but all depends on my mood. Old songs actaully make sense unless like some of the new songs, which is nothing but an actor and an actress dancing around...doin the shaky shaky here and there, and making no sense.

Sledlude
02-23-2006, 02:18 PM
yeah... not so much the whole bollywood musical type of music.. im talking about classical stuff- with sitars and tablas, and indian slide guitar.

GsrTurbo320
02-23-2006, 02:28 PM
ohh..My uncle is into all that..He sang and played the guitar and piano buncha ppl over with a dinner party..blah

UpSideDownDesi
02-23-2006, 02:37 PM
yeah... not so much the whole bollywood musical type of music.. im talking about classical stuff- with sitars and tablas, and indian slide guitar.
ya that too.....i use to play tabla, but then again that was when i was 12. Now all i do is beat on my computer desk or whatever i can get my hands on. I have friend, he has a studio at his house and all he does is composses all types of music in there. I get some of my classical instrumental CD's from him....son of a gun has talent.

UpSideDownDesi
02-23-2006, 02:37 PM
ohh..My uncle is into all that..He sang and played the guitar and piano buncha ppl over with a dinner party..blah
you should learn and perform at the party on 17th........gonan make you chick magnet lol.

Sledlude
02-23-2006, 03:14 PM
ya that too.....i use to play tabla, but then again that was when i was 12. Now all i do is beat on my computer desk or whatever i can get my hands on. I have friend, he has a studio at his house and all he does is composses all types of music in there. I get some of my classical instrumental CD's from him....son of a gun has talent.

where did you get your hands on a tabla? i would love to learn how to beat on one. my moms over there now i should ax her to bring me one back

UpSideDownDesi
02-23-2006, 11:33 PM
where did you get your hands on a tabla? i would love to learn how to beat on one. my moms over there now i should ax her to bring me one back
my buddy got a sitar, tubla, etc etc in his studio. Back then I learned it when i was in india. I don't know how off my beats are now on tabla coz i haven't played on one for 8 years. I'll try to go beat some beats on my buddys' and see if the beats coming out are pleasent to the ears or ear torture. If you don't wanna pay ass loads of $$$ for one, ask you mom to bring a set from india..... while at it bring one for me too lol.

NzProjeKt
02-24-2006, 04:15 PM
Negative.