PDA

View Full Version : Misc wtb pit bull puppy

94LSEG
02-20-2006, 06:07 PM
i want to buy a pittbull puppy so lmk if anyone has one or knows someone who does! thanks

DurtySpeed
02-20-2006, 06:24 PM
What brought this on? You never called Sunday either.

I will ask my feonce if she knows anyone, she is an animal person.

94LSEG
02-20-2006, 06:43 PM
yeah its not the cam seal its deff the bottom on my vtec solenoid and i tried to put some gasket maker on there and i think it still leaks i dunno what to do

DurtySpeed
02-20-2006, 08:48 PM
Call me tomorrow. Maybe we can figure it out.

jimjam187
02-21-2006, 05:56 PM
Ive got some

Crowml
02-21-2006, 08:16 PM
dude, just adopt, you'll get a better dog and won't have to worry about some idiot lieing to you just so they can have your $200.
FYI - pitbull literally means "MIX BREED" if you're paying anything over $20 you're a fool.

GsrCrx
02-21-2006, 08:21 PM
crowml im sorry, im not trying to be an asshole but if you think pitbulls are 20 dollars i guess you have not searched, i had 5 puppies and sold all 5 for 300 each, and they also went quick cause believe it or not there is a demand for them, but anyways man, i might be able to get you some for free, my boy is giving his away, but they are not puppies, they are 1 year old already, so if you are interested just hit me up.

94LSEG
02-21-2006, 08:41 PM
im interested and yeah that guy up there obviously doesnt know much about pitts they are beautiful and are worth more than 20 dollars but also can be very outragious on the price but always worth it!

94LSEG
02-21-2006, 08:41 PM
everyone PM me back i want one asap!

bo0x81
02-21-2006, 11:05 PM
whats up man...my uncle has a puppy pittbull he is trying to get rid of...ill give him his number and you can discuss it with him..its female..tan...beware though he has a thick accent...pm me if you want his number , later

DurtySpeed
02-21-2006, 11:11 PM
ill give him his number

Why would you give him his own number? :D J/K. I am just messing with you man. Girls are better to have when it comes to dogs though, they are easier to train.(Unlike a human female ;) )

Crowml
02-22-2006, 07:41 AM
Well thanks for disagreeing respectfully, I'll try to do the same.
The AKC, WKC or NKC do not recognize pitbulls, as pitbulls are mixes of any 4 bull terrier breeds and in the common market, sometimes Mastiffs/Dogos/Presas etc...

Up until a few years ago, when the french introduces the labradoodle in hopes of making a hypoallergenic assitance dog, the concept of paying for a mixbreed was ludicrous. To many, like me it still is. You pay someone for a line, a pedrigree based on showmanship and winning. Raising a dog costs kibble, $120 max on shots. I'm not arguing the demand, hell 5 years ago people paid $300 for furbies and beanie babies. This is over the simple concept of value and worth.

Point is, if you check the clayton, coweta or cobb county animal shelter you will see hundreds of 8wk old blue, red nose, brindle pitts on their euthanasia schedule. These are the same pups that people on the street are trying to make a quick buck off you with. If you can't quailify to get one from them, you probably don't need one anyways.

DurtySpeed
02-22-2006, 09:11 AM
Crownml, damn, I didn't know that you could pick those up at shelters or that they weren't recognized, hmm. I have been wanting one for a long time, but I was waiting until I moved into my next place. I have always loved pits, they are beautiful dogs.

If it really came down to it though, I would prefer to have an American Staffordshire Terrier. Which is still a pit bull, but is a purebred. But they say it is hard to tell which ones are pure breeds and which are not. I just hope i can find a purebred when the time comes.

If you really want to get technical though. Some people believe that the only true pit bull is the American Pit Bull Terrier. The American Staffordshire is next in most hearts though. These are the only two breeds that as far as I know are recognized as true pit bulls. I know they also classified any thing that was mixed with one of these two that show most of their characteristics as a pit. I just didn't know you could simply pick them up at the shelters though. Becareful getting one like that though. You don't know what kind of life it had before, or what kind of lineage it comes from. Once one gets mean, they can be changed, but they are at more of a risk for turning on you if for some reason, you one day get mad at them.

American Staffordshire
http://www.perrosargentinos.com.ar/am.stafforshire.jpg
http://www.petgroomer.com/Grooming101/Photos/american_staffordshire.jpg

Some reading to compare the two purebreds.
http://www.petbrazil.com.br/en/pets/dogs/035.htm

Crowml
02-22-2006, 09:22 AM
Pitbull by rural/gross definition is any dog used for fighting in pitts. Thats what you're failing to understand, it's not a "breed". Staffordshire is the predominant breed in "pitbulls" because of it's genetic dominance and recognizable phenotypes (wide mouth, pronounces occipital orbae, etc...)

90% of the dogs you buy as purebred pitts are truly mixes, thats my point. Just like purebred labradoodles.

DurtySpeed
02-22-2006, 09:38 AM
Which is why I stated if I was lucky enough to find one. As for the gross definition, All dogs come from something, a lot of people just refuse to recognize a pit because of its original purposes. In actual reality, pits are one of the most loving, obedient, and loyal dogs in existence. Yeah, you hear of the attacks. Well, most of those attacks have a reason. Either the dog was beat or abused by the owner or previous owner, or it was taunted.

I do agree with 90 percent being mixed and it is getting harder and harder to tell which ones are purebred. I am not trying to say that pitbull is a breed, it isn't. That is a classification which within it has 2 breeds. The ones that I just mentioned. All others grouped into that category are mixed. Even then, the mixed ones are almost always just as beautiful as others. I just like the staffordshire better because it tends to be the taller, stockier of the two. Both of these can be registered as an American Pit Bull Terrior, but it takes a lot more to be a Staffordshire.

TallGuy
02-22-2006, 02:23 PM
correct me if im wrong but all dogs are mixed ... its not like the settlers or indians found found a dog and said hey thats a golden retriver or hey thats a boxer bla bla bla.. the pit bull is just a younger breed.

DurtySpeed
02-22-2006, 02:50 PM
All dogs come from something

Yep, that what I said.

94LSEG
02-22-2006, 03:30 PM
bump cant i just get a puppy! lol

94LSEG
02-23-2006, 06:56 PM
i got one!!!!!!! its choclate with a white face!!!!!!!

DurtySpeed
02-24-2006, 12:59 AM
Congrats.