PDA

View Full Version : Another tint ticket rant...

twkg
02-20-2006, 02:37 PM
It actually kinda made me laugh.

So yesterday, I'm at a light in Loganville, turning left. There was a Walton Co. sheriff to the left of me at the light when I was turning. Light turns green, I start to go....motherfucker swings a U turn like he's in a chase, comes within inches of hitting me, and throws on his blues. We go through the usual shit...raise your window blah blah blah. It comes out 13%. I play stupid like...damn, really?

He goes to write his ticket then walks back and starts looking at my car. Then he starts to rub on it. So now I'm like....wtf?? He goes back to his car to write some more shit then comes back out and hands me my ticket. I give it to my girl and she starts to laugh. He wrote me a warning for having an "obscure tag." Yes, my tag is dirty. It's not a crisis. You can still see just fine what it says.

Then he starts looking at my front end. So again I think wtf...do you like Rotas or something? He comes back and tells me I'm lucky he's not trying to be a hard ass. Otherwise, he would have given me a ticket for altered suspension. my car is dropped about 1.8", maybe 2. I guess if you don't have a truck in Loganville, you're not loved.

Yes, my own ignorance for the law got me that ticket. Seriously though, I'm very good when it comes to cops, but this tool made me want to slap the piss out of him.

/rant

Brett
02-20-2006, 02:42 PM
We get the tint that isnt legal, we know the risk. I have 5% but have been stopped for speeding a few times but no cop has ever said anything to me about my tint.

twkg
02-20-2006, 02:50 PM
I guess yesterday it looked darker because of the weather or something.

A.P. Photography
02-20-2006, 02:51 PM
Only altered suspension, lol. I was threatened with 17 tickets (combo of moving violations and fix it tickets) on my minitruck I used to have. He was just acting like a hard ass. And I feel ya on the tint, my mintruck was 2% all the way around including the front windsheild and had to retint the truck every other week it seemed like. Good thing I was working for a tint shop. :lmfao:

gijoe0720
02-20-2006, 02:55 PM
I have 5% on my truck and still ain't got pulled over for it.

4dmin
02-20-2006, 02:57 PM
altered suspension...

funny story: i heard shi peng got a ticket for suspension after he got his airride and he told the cop , "you think thats low...check this out" (*he dumped the accord) :lmao:

blacknightteg
02-20-2006, 03:02 PM
altered suspension...

funny story: i heard shi peng got a ticket for suspension after he got his airride and he told the cop , "you think thats low...check this out" (*he dumped the accord) :lmao:

haha, that would be bad ass to drive by and see that shit happen

twkg
02-20-2006, 03:05 PM
altered suspension...

:lmfao:

ATK_Designs
02-20-2006, 03:10 PM
technically, cops can't give you a ticket for altered suspension since they aren't mechanics and do not know what is what.

Anyhow, yea, Cops are usually cool with 20+% tints, anything below that, and some can be such a harashment sometimes.

babygurl
02-20-2006, 03:19 PM
Well I had a G'ville cop try and give me a ticket, for my tint on my old honda (bought it like that)

and I told him I didnt have time to get it fixed because I work all the time.

He asked "where do you work"

I replied " AAA Bonding Inc."

He asked "Can The owner verify that?"

I told him his phone number, he checked it in his cell phone, and told me to have a nice day!

But honestly it does sound like that cop was try to be a hard ass....but if you do something illegal, be prepaid to pay for it one way or another.

I have paid close to 3500 in speeding ticket fines....because I have a led foot. But I dont complain! No point!

gijoe0720
02-20-2006, 03:23 PM
when did they start pullin people over for altered suspension?

Tiff-O-Bitties
02-20-2006, 03:38 PM
i have 15 % and i've never gotten in trouble for it *knock on wood*

The Yousef
02-20-2006, 03:39 PM
We get the tint that isnt legal, we know the risk. I have 5% but have been stopped for speeding a few times but no cop has ever said anything to me about my tint.

...wait a second

you can actually exceed the speed limit in your civic:thinking: ?

A.P. Photography
02-20-2006, 03:39 PM
when did they start pullin people over for altered suspension?
back in the '60's

A.P. Photography
02-20-2006, 03:40 PM
...wait a second

you can actually exceed the speed limit in your civic:thinking: ?
No it was on a trailer.

Julio
02-20-2006, 03:43 PM
I beleive your car cannot be lowered more then 2 inches below factory height in GA.. I think, Not sure.

twkg
02-20-2006, 04:37 PM
Yeah, that's the law. I used to work w/ a bunch of Gwinnett Co. sheriffs and they would let me check out the state laws from time to time. It's either no more than 2" or there's something about the height of your headlight above the ground.

twkg
02-20-2006, 04:42 PM
I mean I'm not bitching about the tint law. I understand and all, but at the same time, I don't understand why they can have darker tint than we can. He's got darker windows than I do...and I know hes strapped lol. I was just bitching about him giving me shit about my car being dirty and dropped a little. My coilovers are just about as high as they can go.

burnout1990
02-20-2006, 04:48 PM
Yeah, that's the law. I used to work w/ a bunch of Gwinnett Co. sheriffs and they would let me check out the state laws from time to time. It's either no more than 2" or there's something about the height of your headlight above the ground.
i was told it that your head lights had to be atleast 20" ( i think ) off the ground could be wrong but i know its close to that.

carrascopa
02-20-2006, 08:33 PM
YOU SEE IN OTHER COUNTRIES YOU COULD JUST THROW THE COP A $20 AND HED BE ON HIS WAY!!!

N WE SAY WE LIVE IN THE BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!

collins
02-20-2006, 10:57 PM
i was told it that your head lights had to be atleast 20" ( i think ) off the ground could be wrong but i know its close to that.
actually its 22"

RISKYB
02-21-2006, 06:51 AM
damn cops im loganville/gwinnette are almost always tolls, but walton usually isnt that bad, bummer man