PDA

View Full Version : honda question

The BUCKY
02-19-2006, 03:20 PM
what causes a honda to burn oil in V-Attack???i have lil oil spots all over the rear of my car. shits probably about to die on me!!!

Evil Goat
02-19-2006, 10:24 PM
the same thing that causes it to burn oil out of "V-Attack"

i4_garage
02-19-2006, 10:57 PM
^^^buahhahahahhah!!!!!

The BUCKY
02-20-2006, 10:23 AM
wow you are so helpful. let me guess, because its a honda right????

§treet_§peed
02-20-2006, 12:43 PM
1slosol, do you have straight exhaust piping on your car, or as far as that goes, or any exhaust work done?? if you just have some on the bumper it's from the exhaust being moded, even if you just have a muffler. mine has black shit all over the bumper too. also, it's usely from the higher rpm's that cause it to burn oil, espcialy when the V-ATTACK kicks in. shit happens. just check your oil and and make sure you keep it full, then you should be alright. i mean as long as it's not blowing a big as cloud of white smoke out the back or something of that manner. and the black spots are mostly just carbon deposits and suit.

The BUCKY
02-20-2006, 02:22 PM
well that shit needs to blow out i am tired of wiping it off the rear end. yea it has headers and muffler. since you mention it, it does look more like soot. it doesnt smoke or anything. i did a sea foam treatment last month. so its probably blowing all that shit out still.

IntegraXTR
02-20-2006, 03:57 PM
sea foam actually works?

The BUCKY
02-20-2006, 04:15 PM
i felt a lil difference after i got it all out of the system. but i guess it is still blowing all that crap out of the exhaust

Evil Goat
02-20-2006, 06:38 PM
seafoam isnt a miracle worker, but it did improve the idle on my rustang, and no its not b/c its a honda, i said that b/c you said vattack, im a honda guy at heart so dont get your panties in a wad, it could be due to several reasons, seals going bad, etc etc etc, im sure the motor isnt brand new so as long as youre keeping an eye on your oil level and youre not losing a substantial amount from change to change theres nothing to worry about....now if you have actual liquid oil on your rear bumper and not just what appears to be sut then you have a real problem and need to locate the oil leak, it appears you have a less than new motor with modded exhaust and that what you have described is normal....so no worries

§treet_§peed
02-20-2006, 07:07 PM
good point. if you do not have and oil leak any where, unless your like me burning it out from reving so damn high all the time, it's just suit. yeah i know it's a bitch to keep wiped off, i finally just gave up on keeping mine wiped off. to help get the carbon and shit outta the motor pour in a coupleof gas treament shits, try runing high octane gas or racing fuel, or get high octane gas as in 93 grade and put some denatured alcohol in it to help burn out carbon deposits and shit. i did it, and it helps. i still get suit and shit on my car though because i have full racing exhaust and the muffler ends right at the bottom of my bumper and it still blows a little on there.....

BTW, i forgot to add this but, my motor has 193,000 and some odd miles on it. so i know about the motor being old...

The BUCKY
02-20-2006, 07:35 PM
well i do run 93 all the time. it never did this before the seafoam so i guess that is what it is. just gotta get it all out of the system. might help if i change the piping on the exhaust to get all that old shit out of there

§treet_§peed
02-20-2006, 07:46 PM
that would help, just get racing headers, high flow cat, 2.5 inch cat back exhaust like i did! helped a bunch! all new pipping and better air flow!

The BUCKY
02-20-2006, 08:06 PM
i have dc headers and good cat but i know i need new piping.