PDA

View Full Version : Misc protein shakes

3kgtdrvr
02-19-2006, 01:41 PM
so i finally kinda started to work out again and i have a bunch of protein powder stuff left bc i never made too much of it bc it was pretty gross...of couse i just like put in a glass of milk and mixed it with a spoon... but i was wondering if anyone on here has a good recipe for protien shakes or whatever, thanks

tatodotcom
02-19-2006, 08:03 PM
try throwing it in a blender and throw some ice cream in it with some millk....taste better

ironchef
02-19-2006, 08:23 PM
I used a drink shaker thing and the whey protein powder with milk, tastes fine to me. Could be better, but not anything i call disgusting, try mixing it more.

3kgtdrvr
02-19-2006, 09:28 PM
yeah, mine was pretty clumpy and all, but it still tasted pretty gross. i had chocolate and it wasnt bad at all but i hate the vanilla and strawberry i have/had

L'ville
02-20-2006, 06:01 PM
Throw in 1 cup of 2%fat milk and 1 scoop of whey protein into a blender .. chop up one banana and also throw that one in and mix it for about 2-3 min. It tasts amazing and you want to drink within 15-30min after workout (for best results)

blurred visions
02-20-2006, 08:26 PM
Yea put milk and ice in it, but remember, your stomach can only digest 35 grams of protein so measure the milk and powder accordingly. Also, I throw in whatever fruit I have lying around or yogurt.

Batman
02-21-2006, 12:26 PM
Yeah, also any other fruit will work, i use strawberries and bananas

JustinSane110™
02-21-2006, 12:57 PM
but remember, your stomach can only digest 35 grams of protein
Hmmm, what time period is that over?? From what I've heard and read you can actually utilize between 60-80g per hour.

NEONRACER
02-21-2006, 01:09 PM
Use a hand held blender/chopper to mix your shakes. They won't be chunky anymore. Use dextrose in every protein shake. It will help with the taste. It will also help speed up deliver of the protein to your muscles. You need carbs with your shake, everytime you take a shake. If you are using a chocolate mix use Milk, it will always taste better than water. If you are using a fruit flavored mix use water and mix some powdered gaterade of the same flavor and use it as your carb source.

3kgtdrvr
02-21-2006, 04:32 PM
i looked up recipes and i made some protein bars last night, well actually i used a weight gainer instead of protein bc the weight gainer was vanilla, but i mixed it with some pudding and oatmeal and milk and theyre reallllly good. theyre kinda gooey bc i used a recipe that u didnt have to cook it bc im not sure how all that stuff works with denaturing the protien, but theyre still awesome :goodjob:

3kgtdrvr
02-21-2006, 04:39 PM
For Cutting:

Combine in Large Mixing Bowl

8 Scoops Whey (Vanilla is very good)
3 Cups Oats
1 Package Sugar Free Fat Free Pudding (Any flavor is good)
2 Cups Skim Milk

Mix until a sticky batter is formed (may take a few minutes)

use a large spoon to spread out the mix into the bottom of a Pam-sprayed glass or metal cooking tray (spread until even)
put in the fridge overnight and cut into 8 equal bars that yield:
3g fat
28g carbs
29g protein
257 calories
These bars taste amazing, and are perfect for: breakfast, pre OR postworkout.

thats the recipe i used but i used vanilla weight gainer instead and 9 scoops bc it didnt look thick enough, regular butterscotch pudding(all i had in the house and i didnt wanna go out), and like 2% milk instead and they came out great. they tatse just like pudding and u could like eat it all day lol the only thing is i would change is to try to make it thicker so its not as gooey

NEONRACER
02-21-2006, 07:56 PM
Everyone needs to step back and look at their diet before taking protein supps and weight gainer. What you eat should be your first goal. I can easily get 150 g of protein a day from real food plus another 100 or so from shakes. I could probably get 200g before shakes but I don't want to eat that much now that spring is coming. Real food will benefit you more. That is why protein is called a supplement, you use it to supplement what you can't get with real food but only after you have had the max amount of real food you can.

wannab20hatch
03-08-2006, 04:46 PM
yup you should eat as much as possible and then have a protein shake. Im trying to add weight so i eat until i think im gonna puke and then i drink a shake. To add weight a good rule of thumb is 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight. and for those hard gainers like myself try HMB its really good. I work at gnc and i can tell you what works good and what doesnt.

NEONRACER
03-09-2006, 08:44 AM
I will be honest, 99% of the people I have seen at GNC know dick about anything in the store. They push bullshit on the customers. Sorry you may know what you are talking about, but most of what GNC sells isn't that great and all of it is overpriced unless you buy sale stuff during gold week then you can get a good deal.

wannab20hatch
03-09-2006, 09:12 PM
if you find it on the internet cheaper and bring in the flyer they gotta price match. Ive tried most of the stuff so thats why i recommend it.

NEONRACER
03-10-2006, 09:41 AM
So what you are telling me if I print out the page I can bring it in and you will match it? If that is the case I will come to your store with the print outs.

4dmin
03-10-2006, 11:09 AM
i give FREE protein shakes to hot chicks, please PM/Email for inquiry!!! :lmao:

wannab20hatch
03-10-2006, 12:36 PM
yeah they have a price match guarantee

coolZero
04-06-2006, 09:32 AM
I take the Whey 24+ Choclate and add skim milk to it. It's just like a choclate shake. The Whey Choclate is the only one I like the taste of.

{X}Echo419
04-06-2006, 11:14 AM
so i finally kinda started to work out again and i have a bunch of protein powder stuff left bc i never made too much of it bc it was pretty gross...of couse i just like put in a glass of milk and mixed it with a spoon... but i was wondering if anyone on here has a good recipe for protien shakes or whatever, thanks

what kind of Protien are you drinking? maybe that's why you don't like the taste.
you should try Iron Tek's it's pretty good tasting. :goodjob:

3kgtdrvr
04-06-2006, 01:29 PM
I will be honest, 99% of the people I have seen at GNC know dick about anything in the store. They push bullshit on the customers. Sorry you may know what you are talking about, but most of what GNC sells isn't that great and all of it is overpriced unless you buy sale stuff during gold week then you can get a good deal.

^very true! and i definately only buy my shit if its like way discounted bc i dont even really like to take anything at all. in fast i havent bought anything in a looooong time. i had the chocolate and it tasted good but i mad the mistake of getting vanilla and strawberry and theyre pretty gross. I dont even know the brand bc i just bought the stuff that was on discount lol

Seymour222
04-07-2006, 12:12 PM
They all suck as far as taste. I use Isopure.

Hondatwin23
04-18-2006, 10:55 PM
can u make a jug full and use it through the week

Romeyo07
04-19-2006, 06:46 AM
Six Star Advanced Whey Protein (vanilla) = best stuff I've ever tasted. I mix it with oj.

Hondatwin23
04-19-2006, 08:16 AM
Six Star Advanced Whey Protein (vanilla) = best stuff I've ever tasted. I mix it with oj.

really ? i would never thought of trying that

Romeyo07
04-19-2006, 09:19 AM
V8 Fusion is pretty good too. I try not to mix it with sugary drinks, but sometimes you don't have many options. I'm not too keen of mixing with milk.

sebastianHoff
04-23-2006, 12:08 AM
if you get one of those nalgene bottles and mix it with that(by shakin it) it usually does a pretty good job. i found the best way to do it is mix the liquid and powder, let it sit for 5min or so, add some ice and shake it again. usually gets a pretty good blend.
i like to mix the vanilla whey(soy is the suck) protein with either orange or grape juice, tastes ok i guess.