PDA

View Full Version : Misc differnt faiths

blacknightteg
02-19-2006, 06:58 AM
So i have a world religions class for one of my classes this semester and one of the things is that some point during the semseter we have to go and visit a religions worship center opposite of our own. While i have done this before, it was when i was little and at the time i didnt really understand my own. Being almost 20 and having to go, i feel i guess a little un easy having to go and do that. has there ever been a point where you have gone to a faith's worship opposite of your own and felt out of place or almost like people might be looking at you wondering who the heck you are?

AtifSajid
02-20-2006, 08:37 AM
well since I am not white, I have been to churches in Snellville where people looked at me like what are you doing here. But again I went with some white friends of mine, so I didnt feel uncomfortable. I just saw the looks. If/when your class starts and you want to check out another mosque, let me know, I'll take you to the one on 14th street in downtown, let you go through the "rituals" to feel what we do.

The Yousef
02-20-2006, 08:44 AM
well since I am not white, I have been to churches in Snellville where people looked at me like what are you doing here. But again I went with some white friends of mine, so I didnt feel uncomfortable. I just saw the looks. If/when your class starts and you want to check out another mosque, let me know, I'll take you to the one on 14th street in downtown, let you go through the "rituals" to feel what we do.

i've been to a Lutheran church with one of my buddies before...and yes you do get some weird glances from the crowd...but it was an eye opening experience....
btw:

the Mosque on 14th street is one of the main Mosques in Atlanta....so it will be the first one i recommend also...:goodjob:

{X}Echo419
02-20-2006, 09:34 AM
I've been to the "Beyond" part of Bed, Bath and Beyond b4. :crazy: