PDA

View Full Version : It is pretty scary to look at posts in the....

Coppertone
04-19-2005, 04:29 AM
business/professional section when it comes to job offers. It seems like a LOT of people do not have basic skills.

For instance:

Job ***** go to **** for position ***** or call ****
-The next batch of replies are hey, where do I apply? What is the position?
-Then, nobody who did apply followed up on the application or interview but managed to post in here.

It's sad to see that today's society so many people do not have the basic skills when it comes to applying for a job. I mean, look at some of the spelling and grammatical errors in here, it's pretty disappointing. It's even more disappointing that in the professional section, people still come in here, hijack and whore the hell out of threads, when there are plenty of other places to do that.
The "REAL" world is in for a big surprise when some people from this generation NEED a job.

What do you think? Kids these days don't care or maybe were never taught how to go through basic job skills? Maybe kids are spoiled?

Scrappy
04-19-2005, 09:50 AM
right there wtih you, but i did have a few people PM me decent background info and had decent questions... the where to apply thing was awesome! ;)

Jaimecbr900
04-19-2005, 12:10 PM
I don't really know about IA, but I do know it's hard to find qualified help.

Most people are wishful dreamers. They want a 3 day a week, come when you want, only work as long as you want, 6 figure salary position. They think because their down the street neighbor is doing it, they should be able to walk into the same kind of "luck" too.

Luck is nothing but an opportunity taken by someone prepared.

chrisdavis
04-19-2005, 09:07 PM
It amazes me how many people these days just sit around and wait for a job to come to them.

Boneswiss
04-20-2005, 12:17 AM
<<< Still Waiting...

Tasuki_Civic
04-20-2005, 03:53 AM
business/professional section when it comes to job offers. It seems like a LOT of people do not have basic skills.

For instance:

Job ***** go to **** for position ***** or call ****
-The next batch of replies are hey, where do I apply? What is the position?
-Then, nobody who did apply followed up on the application or interview but managed to post in here.

It's sad to see that today's society so many people do not have the basic skills when it comes to applying for a job. I mean, look at some of the spelling and grammatical errors in here, it's pretty disappointing. It's even more disappointing that in the professional section, people still come in here, hijack and whore the hell out of threads, when there are plenty of other places to do that.
The "REAL" world is in for a big surprise when some people from this generation NEED a job.

What do you think? Kids these days don't care or maybe were never taught how to go through basic job skills? Maybe kids are spoiled?

lol i agree..............but that doenst mean that we done have dumb asses in tha real world as well. i mean hey some made it by chance luck or family hook-ups. and then there re the few who know exactly what thier doing. lol but i wont lie i wrote a post looking to fro for someone in fashion. i didnt take that post too serious because im out looking for it and the chances for someone to be into fashion like i am on her is slim to nun. but it was worth a try.

Jaimecbr900
04-20-2005, 02:41 PM
[QUOTE=Tasuki_Civic] i mean hey some made it by chance luck or family hook-ups. QUOTE]

Refer to my post above. There is no such thing as "luck" in the sense that people stumble up on it. Luck is simply someone being prepared when an opportunity knocked. I have yet to see, in 35 yrs of life, anyone that simply was handed something and it last longer than 2 secs. They either had to eventually pick up the ball and run with it or the "giver" would give up on them and find someone else.

Think about this:

Try and think of a situation in which the ONLY answer to that person's success was true "luck". I.E. that person is mentally retarded and got a CEO job paying $5 mil/yr, driving down that road and bundle of money falls into their car from the sky, etc. Something that you can ONLY explain by sheer "luck". If there is even a remote possibility that something else had to do with it, it wouldn't necessarily be "luck". Get it?

Sometimes it's easier for people to justify situations by chalking it up to "luck" rather than someone else being prepared.

FrnkPwrs
05-16-2005, 01:16 AM
Not necessarily luck but there are tons of people out there in better situations than others> ive been a hard worker entire life. started mowing lawns when i was 10, worked in a barbershop 25 hours a week when i was 10-12 for $20/wk and free haircuts, 15 worked at kroger, 17 worked fulltime at best buy, part time at buckle, and stil caried a 3.0 GPA. BUT MOVING here to GA met lots of kids who parents set up their lives. I know tons of people who work for the family business but drive escalades because mommy would rather pay them $4k a week to clean buildings while everyone else gets realistic pay. Me, i can care less, but bullshit does happen. people who know the least about runnign a club are usually the ones who own it. The employees can easily make the business what it is a lot more than the person "in charge"..

quickdodgeŽ
05-16-2005, 01:56 PM
I can't stand the whole Internet job hunt thing. People cruise forums like IA posting if anyone can hook them up with a job and shit. The world, these days, is a lazt fuccin place to be. When I was a teen/young adult, I was out on the street looking for a job, not sitting around on the phone. Employers like a person willing to get up and physically look for a job rather than call them and shit. It shows initiative. People don't have that these days.Websites like Monster.com don't help either. Giving people the lazy way out. My opinions the way I see things. Later, QD.

Tracy
05-16-2005, 02:11 PM
You should see what I had to go through while I was looking for a new tech. It was insane. I thought I was very clear when I said I will only consider people who e-mail me resumes. E-MAIL & RESUME!!!! Is that such a hard thing to understand? Google it if you don't know to put one together. Anyways, to make a long story short, I'm not looking for a tech anymore. Out of the 100+ people who contacted me, ony about 3 of them did what I asked of them. So, I'm over it. I decided that I'd rather have just one tech. (the one that I have already) instead of dealing with most of the poeple who contacted me. Now people who come to us to get work done will just have to wait. Better to have 1 good tech that does the job right rather than one good tech and one just to fill the position. I'm not willing to take that risk on my customer cars :)....

END RANT!!! Thanks for this topic, BTW. I needed that :)