PDA

View Full Version : Someone's Supra gets a little domestic!!!

silviadriftr
04-18-2005, 10:22 PM
Dave just got finished with the TH400 Chev transmission with trans brake and a large stall. Alot cheaper than buying the Chev trans that is sold with the supra belhousing already attached, but with the same performance.

silviadriftr
04-18-2005, 10:24 PM
one more.. the trans mount was not finished in this pic but I didn't get a chance to get a finished pic with the drive shaft before it left. Also, I haven't verified with the customer on if he wants pics of the car up yet. If he doesn't mind then I'll let him post pics of the car. :D

RUSH
04-18-2005, 11:22 PM
well here is a sneek peek!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v404/Ftr_10/1221435stupidCAI.jpg

RUSH
04-18-2005, 11:32 PM
lol..

lil dirty int. shot, but here it is!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v404/Ftr_10/114_1500g.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v404/Ftr_10/Picture082small.jpg

boostboy97
04-18-2005, 11:39 PM
the plate on that car says SLOW .. and hes not lying either .. i seen this car at dallas the other night and i sware i could have ran a quicker 60' than this thing

RUSH
04-18-2005, 11:59 PM
the plate on that car says SLOW .. and hes not lying either .. i seen this car at dallas the other night and i sware i could have ran a quicker 60' than this thing

Dude I think everyone there beat me! I picked up the car 30minutes before I got to Dallas after not driving it for a few months so gimmie a break!

b18civicdx
04-19-2005, 07:52 AM
[QUOTE=RUSH]Dude I think everyone there beat me![QUOTE]

:raises hand: I did! LOL Rush!

Ya he was only runnin like 14lbs and left the trac control on. Just trying to get some passes on the car and make sure nothing broke and get used to the tranny before bumpin it up

RUSH
04-19-2005, 08:56 AM
[QUOTE=RUSH]Dude I think everyone there beat me![QUOTE]

:raises hand: I did! LOL Rush!

Ya he was only runnin like 14lbs and left the trac control on. Just trying to get some passes on the car and make sure nothing broke and get used to the tranny before bumpin it up

I guess some people cant understand that! Now is the time to race me, cause it is slow! :)

BTEC
04-19-2005, 09:31 AM
nice car dood. nice pics silviadriftr. but the best pic is the sneak peak. bet he's got rushs back next time boostboy comes to the track. lol

silviadriftr
04-19-2005, 09:36 AM

So were you running or were you cheerleading for someone????? The car wasn't set up to be fast for the track or to impress anyone at Dallas. The car was setup where he could practice his launch on street tires and get a feel for the car. He also had a Trans brake and reverse valve body installed in teh trans as well which makes it totally opposite on the shifting pattern than a regular th400. What's funny is, he's probably put more money in boltons on that car than you have in your entire car. I guess you could run him from a roll and find out how "SLOW" it is.

silviadriftr
04-19-2005, 09:38 AM
nice car dood. nice pics silviadriftr. but the best pic is the sneak peak. bet he's got rushs back next time boostboy comes to the track. lol

Btec, you could probably run with boost boy in your high milage civic :)

BTEC
04-19-2005, 09:43 AM
no comment (evil grin).

DrivenMind
04-19-2005, 04:00 PM
I love how everyone thinks, that if you go to a dragstrip you're there to set the fastest time of your life.

WINDSOR
04-19-2005, 05:31 PM
I love how everyone thinks, that if you go to a dragstrip you're there to set the fastest time of your life.

yes,that should be your goal.

RUSH
04-19-2005, 05:55 PM
Test and Tune.....hmmm, Maybe thats why I was there last Friday!

RiceBoy
04-19-2005, 10:22 PM
well here is a sneek peek!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v404/Ftr_10/1221435stupidCAI.jpg

Damn, talk about cold air...:)

RUSH
04-20-2005, 01:16 PM
I think I might do somthing like that! Or the intake that looks like a frontmount! :D

Tracy
04-20-2005, 01:27 PM
We had GM parts all over our Supra. When I used to go pick up parts at GM, they would call Dan the mad scientist!

DeutscheBAG!
04-20-2005, 01:38 PM
We had GM parts all over our Supra. When I used to go pick up parts at GM, they would call Dan the mad scientist!

LOL!!! don't mention the word GM Parts around Rush!

RUSH
04-20-2005, 03:31 PM
LOL!!! don't mention the word GM Parts around Rush!

Dude I about freaked out when Tracy said that! :lmfao:

I was like how do they know him!!!!

Tracy
04-20-2005, 03:51 PM
Dude I about freaked out when Tracy said that! :lmfao:

I was like how do they know him!!!!

Know who? I'm lost :( Are ya'll picking on me?

DeutscheBAG!
04-20-2005, 08:01 PM

no..were not fucking with your head!lol...GM Parts is the name of a person that RUSH and ALL of MountainBoost crew is not too fond of :eye:

RUSH
04-21-2005, 12:31 AM

I cant express how this guy is through a post, he has a high 12sec ss camaro, and he thinks its the fastest street car on the road where I live! The story goes on and on, but anyways he is a real TOOL!

RotiEatter
04-21-2005, 08:39 AM

Yeah, I tottally agree with you. I hate going to the track and running my car hard. I really like to go to the track, get my numbers, and make a pass shifting at 3500 rpms. I like to see how fast my car is driving normal.

Are you stupid? The point of going to the track is to get your best time and run as fast as you can. If you go to the track to take it easy, please never go again. I have to wait in line for idiots like you to run.

silviadriftr
04-21-2005, 08:46 AM
Yeah, I tottally agree with you. I hate going to the track and running my car hard. I really like to go to the track, get my numbers, and make a pass shifting at 3500 rpms. I like to see how fast my car is driving normal.

Are you stupid? The point of going to the track is to get your best time and run as fast as you can. If you go to the track to take it easy, please never go again. I have to wait in line for idiots like you to run.

Go from a regular stick shift to a reverse valve body th400 chev transmission with trans brake and see how well you do your first time out. Any car takes getting used to especially when you talking about a transmission transplant.I think that's why they call it test and tune. Hell, he was only running 13lbs of boost because his drag radials hadn't gotten there yet. Thanks for your input even though it's useless. :goodjob:

What I hate at test and tune is all the underhorspowered daily drivers that pull up to the line after they drive throu the waterbox and carry water all the way down the first 60ft because they are trying to do something their car is not setup to do. We can't get traction for idiots like you. Do me a favor "never go again!!!

silviadriftr
04-21-2005, 09:03 AM
yes,that should be your goal.

If your running in headsup or bracket event. Since the car was finished Fri. night around 8:20 and we were going to the track he wanted to do some testing with it to get used to it. I'm sure all the 10 and 11 second guys on here always do full pulls through the 1/4. Especially when they've just changed a major component in their drivetrain. :rolleyes:

RUSH
04-21-2005, 11:13 AM
Hey silviadriftr, I finaly got to play around with it last night for a lil, and it felt really good! I launched and spun through 2nd which pretty much got my tires heated, and tried again and it hooked good! Lets see how my 60ft is now! :D

I thought Test & Tune was self explanatory(spl) but I guess not, maybe Im wrong! These guys put like a K&N on there car and then run the crap out of the car at the track, thinking they did a major upgrade! :rolleyes:

silviadriftr
04-21-2005, 11:18 AM
[/QUOTE]I thought Test & Tune was self explanatory(spl) but I guess not, maybe Im wrong! These guys put like a K&N on there car and then run the crap out of the car at the track, thinking they did a major upgrade! :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm sorta surprised at the last 2 guys that posted on that. Windsor I know and Rotieatter have both been pretty cool up till those two posts with me. Maybe it was just sarcasm and they forgot the smiley faces. :D

HiPSI
04-21-2005, 12:01 PM
Well, I'm sorta surprised at the last 2 guys that posted on that. Windsor I know and Rotieatter have both been pretty cool up till those two posts with me. Maybe it was just sarcasm and they forgot the smiley faces. :D

it is after all the general idea of dragracing is it not? running faster and faster until your wallet can't handle any more ;). they were both just commenting on how that comment sounded. i know that when i go to the strip i'm there with the intention of going faster in some way, whether it just be reaction times or the whole 1/4 mile the goal is to improve something. if you don't go there with the intention of improving something then there's no point in being there.

now to flip that over into context for this thread, no matter how he drove it that would be a baseline run for that setup, so everything from there on out would hopefully be improvement for the most part. so everyone stop arguing :D

silviadriftr
04-21-2005, 12:08 PM
it is after all the general idea of dragracing is it not? running faster and faster until your wallet can't handle any more ;). they were both just commenting on how that comment sounded. i know that when i go to the strip i'm there with the intention of going faster in some way, whether it just be reaction times or the whole 1/4 mile the goal is to improve something. if you don't go there with the intention of improving something then there's no point in being there.

now to flip that over into context for this thread, no matter how he drove it that would be a baseline run for that setup, so everything from there on out would hopefully be improvement for the most part. so everyone stop arguing :D

I see. I guess I just didn't get the point they were trying to make if that was the case. I think he was just happy to be able to drive his car again ;)

RUSH
04-21-2005, 12:12 PM
I would say the next time out to the track, I should be able to cut my time down by at least a second or maybe more, but you got to start somewhere...Right?

RUSH
04-21-2005, 12:13 PM
I see. I guess I just didn't get the point they were trying to make if that was the case. I think he was just happy to be able to drive his car again ;)

That is the truth right there! :D

Cliff
04-21-2005, 03:03 PM
the supra is sick....everytime i see or talk to walker you and your car come up somehow or another...can't wait to see it once you get the feel for it and are able to run it hard

RUSH
04-21-2005, 03:32 PM
the supra is sick....everytime i see or talk to walker you and your car come up somehow or another...can't wait to see it once you get the feel for it and are able to run it hard

Thanks Fella! Iam finaly getting the hang of it which was harder then what I thought! I think its easier driving a 6spd then this 400! :D
Launching it shouldnt be a problem now!

DeutscheBAG!
04-21-2005, 06:06 PM
u should see the new vids Greer filmed while we were leaving a show saturday

http://www.mountainboost.com/417/rushkitt.mpg
http://www.mountainboost.com/417/kittflyby.mpg

RUSH
04-21-2005, 07:27 PM
u should see the new vids Greer filmed while we were leaving a show saturday

http://www.mountainboost.com/417/rushkitt.mpg
http://www.mountainboost.com/417/kittflyby.mpg

Good day saturday! that second time I took off, it almost sounded like I hit the limiter, but my plugs are not gaped right..... Gotta fix that, other than that it runs pretty good!