PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Ls/vtec or straight Ls

1Badsol
02-17-2006, 05:26 PM
I am curious, I have an Ls engine and am trying to start a new set-up. Someone told me that if you take an Ls engine with a t3, and an Ls/VTEC with a t3(same hp) that from light to light the Ls would win, but on the highway the VTEC engine would walk it.

But lets say I am looking for hi hp numbers in the future, around the 400 mark. I like running from a dig, more fun that way. Would it be better to keep the Ls and put a fat cam, or Ls/vtec and raise the boost?

This post is rather broad I know, but trying to get some opinions on different options. I have read around on local forum...ex honda-tech, but still unsure. Thank you for you input

_________

THEONE
02-17-2006, 06:31 PM
what kind of car?

IntegraXTR
02-18-2006, 10:42 AM
ls/vtec boosted owns!

1Badsol
02-18-2006, 10:54 AM
Well I had a civic hb with a turbo cam. All stock internals, with a kkk turbo. I am wanting to put that same set up in my del sol. Just wondering if it would be worth my time to add a vtec head?

Is it true tho about a straight ls beating and ls vtec in the quarter with the same hp and tq?

IntegraXTR
02-18-2006, 11:03 AM
don't see that happening dude, I mean don't get me wrong, a ls/boosted would def run, but up against a ls/vtec boosted, I don't see that happening.

spooned-out
02-20-2006, 10:17 PM
i dont think that is fact

vtec dosent add a hole load of hp but
the vtec head would burn the turbo ls
becuz it would take advantage of all the extra
air forced into the motor

Jdm94Coupe
02-21-2006, 05:44 AM
1badsol......is ur sol white? i think i might have met u be4 if its white and u stay in henry county

SPOOLIN
02-21-2006, 01:39 PM
vtec heads produce a butt load more hp up top under boost

IntegraXTR
02-21-2006, 02:25 PM
vtec heads produce a butt load more hp up top under boost

:werd:

efman
02-21-2006, 02:44 PM
umm not this thread dosent seem to correct i would talk to vtec kid he seems to be the man about honda motors dont trust random people and what they say, but thats just my opinion

SPOOLIN
02-21-2006, 03:58 PM
i havnt seen any bad advice thrown out yet on this thread so what are you talking about?

IntegraXTR
02-21-2006, 04:05 PM
i havnt seen any bad advice thrown out yet on this thread so what are you talking about?

:stupid:

efman
02-21-2006, 05:54 PM
i wasnt being a dick just saying that this thread is'nt very specific and i would just make sure you talk to some one extremely smart when it comes to this.

Vteckidd
02-21-2006, 06:24 PM
1) LS is fine to boost, they make lots of TQ , and have a better midrange SOMETIMES
2) ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL, the LSVTEC will win.

THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR VTEC. you will make MORE POWER with a vtec head than an LS head. an LS head takes $800 worth of porting to flow the SAME NUMBERS AS A STOCK VTEC HEAD.

with todays turbos being made, the midrange power can be made up and quick spool turbos are readily available.

IMO, if you just want to make 250-300whp, stay LS, itll be fine, if your shooting for HUGE LS whp numbers (400-600) then VTEC head is whats needed, along with a built bottom end.

as far as the stop light to stop light race, depends on driver, and is not what you should be measuring performance by

SPOOLIN
02-21-2006, 06:43 PM
stop light to stop light, fuck it, just take it to the highway. lol

stYlinK20
02-23-2006, 07:07 PM
Is it true tho about a straight ls beating and ls vtec in the quarter with the same hp and tq?

Listen to me, I am the KING of TURBO HONDAS.

SAME HP and TQ = Same qtr mile time.

The difference is in the area under the dyno graph. Peak numbers do not make a car fast. The powerband plays a big role on how fast a car is. I will try to find some dyno graphs of both LS and LS/Vtec cars to compare.

Finally, the LS/Vtec will make more power and more torque than an LS at the SAME BOOST level.

If you don't believe me then just ask D16CIVIC for he is the Queen of TURBO HONDAs.
Later BItches.

SPOOLIN
02-23-2006, 11:24 PM
lol