PDA

View Full Version : ok i have a problem

blacknightteg
02-17-2006, 07:55 AM
ok, so i know i have mentioned how i have suspension trouble with my shocks and springs...well recently, meaning today and this morning, i have noticed how my car is sitting uneven on both sides of the car....the passenger side is sitting higher then the drivers side, now i looked for oil and what have you around the shocks and those dont look blown but im not sure, is there anythign else that might be the cause of this problem? someone please help me cuz this is getting seriously ridiculous

speedminded
02-17-2006, 12:02 PM
lol, shocks have nothing to do with the ride height. That is, unless you've take the spring OFF completely and the shock can no long go down any farther unless you release the pressure in them.

Have you checked to see if the springs are all seated properly? Have you recently jacked the car up?

blacknightteg
02-17-2006, 12:12 PM
yeah i dids that this morning....i cant get the wheel off or anything to get a good look cuz the last time we took off the back wheels the we used a fucking impact wrench to put take them off and put them back on, so i cant get the wheel off with my life lol

speedminded
02-17-2006, 12:18 PM
yeah i dids that this morning....i cant get the wheel off or anything to get a good look cuz the last time we took off the back wheels the we used a fucking impact wrench to put take them off and put them back on, so i cant get the wheel off with my life lolbreaker bar...a floor jack handle work well...to beat yourself senseless anyways. j/k. Get a torque wrench, learn how to use it...and use it everytime, most Autozones will loan them for free with a small deposit. Spring compressors and many other tools too.

oh yeah, jacking it up isn't going to help to see if the spring is seated or not :slap: Unless you do it just a little bit, enough to see between the top of the tire and the fender well and use a flashlight to see up at the top of the spring to see if it's sitting in there correctly or not...alot of time after jacking a car up and lowering it back down it doesn't seat properly...sometimes bouncing it will work.

blacknightteg
02-17-2006, 12:22 PM
yeah, i know i can go get those, personally id rather be around someon else and watch them do it, or atleast do it with someone that knows what they are doing around me

blacknightteg
02-17-2006, 12:24 PM
well like the thing is tho , like i have had these springs on sicne the summer, so if anything they would have probably be seated by now i woudl think, cuz dont they eventually seat themselves?

speedminded
02-17-2006, 12:31 PM
well like the thing is tho , like i have had these springs on sicne the summer, so if anything they would have probably be seated by now i woudl think, cuz dont they eventually seat themselves?Seating and setttling are two totally differant things....when you jack a car up then the top of the spring sometimes comes out, when you lower it back down it doesn't alway seat properly into the plate at the top, if this happens then it will sit 3/8" to a 1/2" higher. Sometime you have to wiggle the spring but usually just jacking it up and drop it back down will get it to seat properly...sometimes pushing down on the car [bouncing it like you're testing the shocks] will push it back in where it needs to go.

blacknightteg
02-17-2006, 12:38 PM
hmm ok...ill try that....its just been getting frustrating, i dont know, may be nothings wrong with it and im going crazy, just seems like the drivers side or mayve its the passenger side has a freakimg ind of its own lol

yudalicious
02-18-2006, 03:23 PM
oh man, you don't wanna take off your wheels on your own? that is super lazy lol. don't use an impact wrench on wheels, just get a torque wrench to get em on, a regular breaker bar or tire iron to take em off. wheel lugs should not be tightened to the point where you can't take them off w/ hand tools.

-in your neighborhood turn your wheel from full lock one side to full lock on the other while going slowly, if your springs aren't seated properly you might be able to hear some sort of clunking, at least, this is so on mac strut cars, seeing how you have a integra with a different front suspension, this might not be true, but worth a look into
-quality springs don't "settle," at least, they're not supposed to
-it's normal for cars to sit unevenly, especially older ones, unless it's horribly uneven, most everyone else probably can't even tell that your car's uneven

3kgtdrvr
02-19-2006, 01:25 PM
...you check the air pressure in your tires :crazy: sorry, had to do it. i hope you get your car fixed though