PDA

View Full Version : What IA CAR or IA PERSON Inspired you?

Rican219
02-15-2006, 09:24 AM
What IA car or IA person or IA club inspired you to show?
Drag?
Street Race?

Did I inspire anyone LOL? White Power!

Brett
02-15-2006, 09:25 AM
Honestly, No one, cause when I joined IA my car was already started and I didnt know anyone on IA when I did join, I was my own mentor...LOL

Fuster_Cluck
02-15-2006, 09:26 AM
Been on Honda-Tech since 02 :eek:

1439/2000
02-15-2006, 09:28 AM
Halfbaked's sentra. Wow it was fast as hell. I sold my s14 for fwd sr20 power.

Nobody honestly. Over half of the people's car on here is junk.

Vteckidd
02-15-2006, 09:29 AM
BtlFeds CRX

PhAtBoYMr2
02-15-2006, 09:29 AM
if anyone remembers emil....with the yellow mr2....he inspired me to get an mr2 because his was bad ass back in the day....anyone rember him?

The Ren
02-15-2006, 09:32 AM
Actually it was Clark.. I had always wanted a supra, but when he took me for a ride in his.. he scared the living hell out of me. From then on I was determined to get one soon.. and well here I am.

chuck
02-15-2006, 09:33 AM
if anyone remembers emil....with the yellow mr2....he inspired me to get an mr2 because his was bad ass back in the day....anyone rember him?
yeah i remember him, my brother was in a club with him...sucks he had to go and wrap the car around a tree :(

i think jeff's yellow lego machiene opened my eyes to the fact that you could do anything you wanted to with a car...

#1Beaver
02-15-2006, 09:36 AM
I wanted my hatch the way it is now......
but Peter with the gold 10sec hatch.....was the reason for me goin to the track, i wanted to have everythin that he had in his engine bay, LIRL

bijan gxe
02-15-2006, 09:37 AM
Halfbaked's sentra. Wow it was fast as hell. I sold my s14 for fwd sr20 power.

Nobody honestly. Over half of the people's car on here is junk.

LOL,

My Maxima inspired Matt.....so therefore youre inspired by me.

:eye::lmfao:

Rican219
02-15-2006, 09:39 AM
I was my own Mentor since I was already around with Perfected Images when Brian and Julio started the idea of IA. Did I mentor anyone LOL?!

babygurl
02-15-2006, 09:40 AM
Honestly, No one, cause when I joined IA my car was already started and I didnt know anyone on IA when I did join, I was my own mentor...LOL

Man its scary to think that you could be someone's mentor!!!!!

civic95
02-15-2006, 09:50 AM
Bretts car. When I saw this beast I was hooked.

Rican219
02-15-2006, 09:51 AM

:lmfao:

HyPer50
02-15-2006, 09:53 AM
Nerp.... Mine came from going to Dallas dragstrip when I was younger.

Rican219
02-15-2006, 08:48 PM
That car used to win pretty much stock Clean as hell and only a few bolt ons.

5thgcelica
02-15-2006, 09:45 PM
just happened to find the car forsale on the side of the road... looked cool, so i bought it... friend told me about IA...hopped on.. no one really has my car. and no one around here has really done anything to them. all the REALLY modded ones are in CA, or japan. so no one relaly. i just kinda poked on line, saw what items were/are (lack there of) availble for the car.

quickdodge®
02-15-2006, 09:51 PM
I've been modding cars since 1989, so I've been at it loooong before IA was around. Later, QD.

ironchef
02-15-2006, 10:10 PM
I still havent done anything to my car, someone give me money!!

Ruiner
02-15-2006, 10:16 PM
I have always been a loner, somewhat unique in my pursuits.

First, the 3000GT VR-4. Nobody had one at the time and I went out on my own. The same holds true with my current car. There really was no inspiration from anyone else. I looked inside myself for that...

Bishop
02-15-2006, 10:22 PM
yeah...no one has insired me....i was inspired before i got on this site.

PhAtBoYMr2
02-15-2006, 10:22 PM
yeah i remember him, my brother was in a club with him...sucks he had to go and wrap the car around a tree :(

i think jeff's yellow lego machiene opened my eyes to the fact that you could do anything you wanted to with a car...

yeah around the time he wrapped his car around a tree. i got my car. Maybe months apart...He parted it out and gave some parts to me and then john..."vroom pshhh" on the mr2 board. Im still using the greddy pe exhaust till this day... :)

SixSquared
02-15-2006, 10:29 PM
I inspire myself. I've had the image of what my car is turning into in my head since I was 16 years old. To make up this image, I took inspiration from other people's del Sols, other cars in general, and my own personal idea. :)

BTLFED
02-15-2006, 10:31 PM
BtlFeds CRX

VtecKidd FTW!
EF f0 lYfE! :goodjob:

I have been doing this for a decade. When I first started there was no one to "inspire" me really.

gijoe0720
02-15-2006, 11:03 PM
If it wasn't for Never_finished I would not be doin anything to my dakota.

rollininstyle2004
02-16-2006, 12:11 AM
Mostly people on the Passat/VW forums...and the dubbers on here help too ;)

luis
02-16-2006, 12:36 AM
julio's car the red civic, that was mine inspiration.

Brett
02-16-2006, 07:15 AM

Damn that seems like a lifetime ago when my car looked like that, Damn I did love those wheels

ReCkLe5s
02-16-2006, 07:29 AM
the first time i herd a turbo.. i was like i want one of those... and its down hill from there

speedminded
02-16-2006, 07:37 AM
Engine wise would have to be Len and his last ITR, before it went back to stock...Toda everything: VTEC killer cams, ITB's, AEM standalone, Fujitsubo exhaust, etc...screaming 9,700rpm shifts on the street :D

Kalifornia087
02-16-2006, 07:40 AM
I always wanted a fast car.. But i had always wanted a muscle car. I was the "ill never drive a ricer civic" type of 15 year old kid. But when i got my liscense, i needed wheels, and the first thing i could afford at the time was my old White 1988 CRX.. LoL go figure. So i inspired myself i guess... Never looked back, and even though i love rwd more now (see: drift), i stil plan on modding a CRX one day. Maybe that's why i just picked up an 89 hatch...

-Austin

ALVIN
02-16-2006, 07:40 AM
I dunno if he was ever on IA, but this accord \/ was my inspiration
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/diCORD/qtr.jpg

mine looked like \/ before i wreckeds and got an RSX
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v371/diCORD/lo.bmp

4dmin
02-16-2006, 08:03 AM
i wasn't really inspired but i will say peeps like: Jeff T, Jeff G, Tim W, Greg C, Josh N, Steve K, etc... people like that make you strive to build a hot car, honestly all of these guys have been at the pinnicle of the tuner scene.

Rican219
02-16-2006, 08:05 AM
i wasn't really inspired but i will say peeps like: Jeff T, Jeff G, Tim W, Greg C, Josh N, Steve K, etc... people like that make you strive to build a hot car, honestly all of these guys have been at the pinnicle of the tuner scene.
:eye: U 2 buddy I wasn't around!? How many of my cars was around? It wasn't a civic! I hope you get the runs for a whole week! J/K :D

Big Baller
02-16-2006, 08:23 AM
One of my best friends in highschool had a AWD Talon thats kind of what got me started. As for people on here that inspired me, well I dont know if inspired me is the right word, Dan at Batlground taught me everything I know about a AEM, When I finally got my Supra, I was confident enough to tune it myself and I havent done a half bad job if I do say so myself.

Matt

Rican219
02-16-2006, 08:26 AM
Anyone remember in those days when East Coast Honda was around?

blacknightteg
02-16-2006, 08:32 AM
i never really had inspiration from anyone, i would now and again see cars that were modded out or just sounded fast as hell and i just started to love imports....i remember one day drivin to the mall and saw some guy drivin a nice like purple MR2 and i had no idea what the hell that car was, i went home and like looked for hours to find wtf it was untill i finally did. once one of my friends got a 98 ls teg, i fell in love with that car and got one, after i got it, i had so many plans for it and to be honest still do, but whe i joined IA i was just like "wow" to some of the cars that i saw, n i wanted and still wanted to be up in that caliber one day, promise myself that i would be whether or not it took along time or a few other cars

blacknightteg
02-16-2006, 08:33 AM
btw, rican, your sig is funny as fuck

©hris
02-16-2006, 10:31 AM
Jeff Guise from Team Allstars..... we worked together, he was my boss.

Reason i bought a civic

PhatbacK
02-16-2006, 10:39 AM
um i wasnt really inspired. Justin aka Badapple gave me the address and ive been here ever since!!!!!

PSINXS
02-16-2006, 10:42 AM
No inspirations here either. I had already started on the 240 and knew what plans were going down for that.

Before i got the car ppl in the 240 world like Rhombus and Scott(Enthalpy) did give me hope of whooping ass in something other than drifting. becuase i refuse to drift.

i4_garage
02-16-2006, 10:43 AM
NWS inspired me the most....thanx

wes_297
02-16-2006, 10:45 AM
a friend of mine named eric. i dont think he has been on here for in the past year or 2.he has a orange turbo tacoma. i worked with him at a place called southern customs. thats also how i found IA.

BTLFED
02-16-2006, 11:35 AM
Anyone remember in those days when East Coast Honda was around?

Considering I was one of the ones that started this chapter, I would say yes to me. ;)

Vteckidd
02-16-2006, 01:13 PM
VtecKidd FTW!
EF f0 lYfE! :goodjob:

I have been doing this for a decade. When I first started there was no one to "inspire" me really.
its true , 3 or 4 years ago i was wanting to do a ZC turbo, then i saw your car as a feature, and your name then was Hung Wei Lo. I did alot of research and really liked your car/setup, it really was what i wanted to do to my car at the time. i did a zc swap , but i never went boost, i found a different calling...

NATURALLY ASPIRATED ;)

speedminded
02-16-2006, 01:46 PM
its true , 3 or 4 years ago i was wanting to do a ZC turbo, then i saw your car as a feature, and your name then was Hung Wei Lo. I did alot of research and really liked your car/setup, it really was what i wanted to do to my car at the time. i did a zc swap , but i never went boost, i found a different calling...

NATURALLY ASPIRATED ;)ohhh, lol...i always wondered what happened to Hung Wei Lo ...i guess now i know :)

thinkfast®
02-16-2006, 02:39 PM
myself

I follow noone

Julio
02-16-2006, 02:55 PM
ohhh, lol...i always wondered what happened to Hung Wei Lo ...i guess now i know :)

he finally took a good look in the mirror and realize that was an major error :lmfao: :D

No one really inspired me.. My dad use to fuck around with cars back in the day.. But he didnt inspired me at all.. Just said I was an idiot for blowing money away. Been doing this for so long is crazy.

Good imagination inspired me :D , Of course, Alot of huge mistakes also helps with the thought.

But having a Honda these days is hard being creative, but im sure theres something out there that hasnt been done.

With the new Audi.. I was Convinced by paul and some other DUB guys @ the EURO dyno day at BATLG... They showed me how easy it is to make power and look good with nearly nothing.... after I saw the light, I decided to get dub... And now got this new project..

speedminded
02-16-2006, 03:02 PM
With the new Audi.. I was Convinced by paul and some other DUB guys @ the EURO dyno day at BATLG... They showed me how easy it is to make power and look good with nearly nothing.... after I saw the light, I decided to get dub... And now got this new project..exactly, had a friend go to the factory in Germany and watch them build his 1.8T Golf...they put in a tuned Audi ecu, turned the boost up, TT exhaust, turbo beetle wheels, etc...he brought it back and put $5k into the suspension...badass ride with tons of freakin torque.

BTLFED
02-16-2006, 04:06 PM

NATURALLY ASPIRATED ;)

I am actually flattered. I didn't think my name would come up in this thread at all lol

A different calling, yeah.....shifting at 10,000. ;)

BTLFED
02-16-2006, 04:08 PM
he finally took a good look in the mirror and realize that was an major error :lmfao: :D

Damn, Julio! I thought we were tight! You asshole! :lmfao:

Chris Mazda
02-16-2006, 08:17 PM
i was inspired by the fast and the furious what an extremely well done and true movie. It seems like everything in that movie happens in every day life for each and every person.