PDA

View Full Version : What is with these rep points threads?

Ruiner
02-14-2006, 06:05 PM
No offense, but do people honestly care about getting "rep" points? What does it ultimately accomplish? :confused: Does it make you more of a "god" on IA.com ? Not really. I couldn't care less how many rep points someone has. It's the registration date and commitment to IA.com that couns (in my eyes at least).
I just find it strange, that's all. Carry on...

ChnkyLao
02-14-2006, 06:06 PM
ok one for u

The Ren
02-14-2006, 06:07 PM
Cause Im a postwhore.. and cause I said so damnit *stops feet* Dont question me!

PhAtBoYMr2
02-14-2006, 06:09 PM
Reps for the porsche ricer! lol :D

Ruiner
02-14-2006, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the reps...I guess.

Ren,, that's all well and fine if you are a postwhore, however....let your post count show that. Why the reps, though? Why are people so infatuated with getting "rep points" to where they make threads begging for them?

JustinSane110™
02-14-2006, 06:14 PM

Ren,, that's all well and fine if you are a postwhore, however....let your post count show that. Why the reps, though? Why are people so infatuated with getting "rep points" to where they make threads begging for them?
I posted my rep thread just to get my last rep bar (was sittin at 10 for a while and wanted the 11th one to fill it up), all the rest I got pretty legitimately lol.

Nemesis
02-14-2006, 06:15 PM
I never noticed I had this many! :p

The Ren
02-14-2006, 06:16 PM

I dunno.. cause I am.. didnt I say dont question me...:tongue::tongue:

Ruiner
02-14-2006, 06:16 PM
I posted my rep thread just to get my last rep bar (was sittin at 10 for a while and wanted the 11th one to fill it up), all the rest I got pretty legitimately lol.

Maybe I'll start just taking them away from people? Now THAT would be fun. If everyone is so concerned about getting them, imagine their utter anguish when they aren't there anymore.

IA people will start jumping off of bridges...

Brady
02-14-2006, 06:17 PM
Maybe I'll start just taking them away from people? Now THAT would be fun. If everyone is so concerned about getting them, imagine their utter anguish when they aren't there anymore.

haha...fantastic...but then people would start getting reds and bwoh oh...make them look bad. :)

ChnkyLao
what?, i only have like 40 points

quickdodge®

I read ya, Brandon. I have(or at least had) the most rep points of a non-admin. I got those points for just being myself. I have never made a "REP ME" thread, nor have I ever posted something and then told someone to rep me for it. In short, I have never asked for one of my points. To me, my points are the most genuine on the board. Not a big deal to me, but it's cool to know I don't have to beg for them. Later, QD.

JustinSane110™
02-14-2006, 06:18 PM

Hahaha, go for it. Just gotta get the people with less than 5 bars cuz any higher than that and a - rep wont really hurt. :lmfao:

Ruiner
02-14-2006, 06:19 PM
I read ya, Brandon. I have(or at least had) the most rep points of a non-admin. I got those points for just being myself. I have never made a "REP ME" thread, nor have I ever posted something and then told someone to rep me for it. In short, I have never asked for one of my points. To me, my points are the most genuine on the board. Not a big deal to me, but it's cool to know I don't have to beg for them. Later, QD.

You, as always, speak the troof. :)

Schlong
02-14-2006, 06:21 PM
Shit , at least you all have postive points! :lmao:

Ruiner
02-14-2006, 06:22 PM
Shit , at least you all have postive points! :lmao:

The red bar across yours reminds me of Knight Rider...

The Yousef
02-14-2006, 06:28 PM
The red bar across yours reminds me of Knight Rider...

Knight Rider - A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Michael Knight, A young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent,
the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law.

http://www.ilexikon.com/images/3/31/Kitt_front.jpg

...i love that show!

:lmfao:

Nemesis
02-14-2006, 06:29 PM
Did they show it a lot in India?

:lmao: Sorry Yousef! :lmao:

The Yousef
02-14-2006, 06:30 PM
Did they show it a lot in India?

:lmao: Sorry Yousef! :lmao:

:2up:

AznTraitor
02-14-2006, 06:31 PM
that's why I just turned the option off...I dont care if people approve or disapprove of my posts...

Sledlude
02-14-2006, 06:34 PM

that would be funny.

civic95
02-14-2006, 06:37 PM
No offense, but do people honestly care about getting "rep" points? What does it ultimately accomplish? :confused: Does it make you more of a "god" on IA.com ? Not really. I couldn't care less how many rep points someone has. It's the registration date and commitment to IA.com that couns (in my eyes at least).
I just find it strange, that's all. Carry on...

I'm with you man. I've never understood it or post counts. When someone has been here a whole 2 months, and has more posts then me to me it says they have no life, or nothing to offer in their posts.

Ruiner
02-14-2006, 06:51 PM
I'm with you man. I've never understood it or post counts. When someone has been here a whole 2 months, and has more posts then me to me it says they have no life, or nothing to offer in their posts.

Yep...

The Ren
02-14-2006, 06:53 PM
In all honesty I really just like to see the different titles every time I make it to another check point..

EJ25RUN
02-14-2006, 06:56 PM
In all honesty I really just like to see the different titles every time I make it to another check point..

The Ren loves IA's cock :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

The Ren
02-14-2006, 06:57 PM
in the past week its gone from "Ren camps out in the NWS section"... to "Ren is the manager of McDonalds".. to something with a HIM in it.. to the current title...

Chris Mazda
02-15-2006, 11:41 AM
that's why I just turned the option off...I dont care if people approve or disapprove of my posts...

didnt know you could turn it off till you mentioned it, thanks for the heads up.

JoeCoolinATL
02-15-2006, 12:40 PM

genius

Chris Mazda
02-15-2006, 01:00 PM

awesome http://forums.importatlanta.com/images/smilies/lmfao.gif

Dragonfly5338
02-15-2006, 02:00 PM
I'm with Brandon. Who gives a flying fuck?

PSINXS
02-15-2006, 02:02 PM
rep points are entertainment. or smoetimes just when u wanna show your appreciation for a funny, or informative post. If anybody thinks rep points make them cooler, um they have no life outside of IA.