PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Straight Edge?

gijoe0720
02-14-2006, 01:56 PM
Just wanderin if there is any other straight edge people on here?

Rican219
02-14-2006, 02:01 PM
Why don't you use it on your own throat?! :eye:

4dmin
02-14-2006, 02:02 PM
are you serious... how straightedge are you... do you drink caffine free drinks, do you take advil/tylenol, etc..???

Straightedge is a dying scene for the under 21. And if your Vegan sXe then your fucking dumb!!!

gijoe0720
02-14-2006, 02:04 PM
Don't do any drugs, don't drink alcohol, don't drink caffeine, don't take tylenol.
I am not vegan. That is one thing I could never do.

civic95
02-14-2006, 02:06 PM
drugs help me forget about reality

never_finished
02-14-2006, 02:09 PM
i just farted....kinda smelt like chicken :toilet:

4dmin
02-14-2006, 02:10 PM
to me being DRUG FREE is one thing being sXe is another... me personlly i think its gay... i grew up in the Atl sXe hXc scene and its pretty lame... it was back then and it still is... always a handful of kids trying to show scene pride through lame actions.

Me personally if you want to make a statement why not just be drug free/??? its not like the sXe gangs in Atl pressure kids to join their weak scene.

I'm sorry but if i have a fucking head ache i'm going to take advil; which here is my problem... i'm sure you don't refuse medical treatment, so in that case how staightedge can you be.

"sorry doc, i'm sXe so i am refusing a new heart, i would rather die" :rolleyes:

RandomGuy
02-14-2006, 02:12 PM
lol i thought he was talkin about straight edge razors... lol i wanted to learn how to use 'em those shits are pimp... The fuckin barbers rape you on that... man those shits are soooo damn accurate i'd want to learn how to use them. u can have a lazerline line up in 30 seconds.

gijoe0720
02-14-2006, 02:17 PM
to me being DRUG FREE is one thing being sXe is another... me personlly i think its gay... i grew up in the Atl sXe hXc scene and its pretty lame... it was back then and it still is... always a handful of kids trying to show scene pride through lame actions.

Me personally if you want to make a statement why not just be drug free/??? its not like the sXe gangs in Atl pressure kids to join their weak scene.

I'm sorry but if i have a fucking head ache i'm going to take advil; which here is my problem... i'm sure you don't refuse medical treatment, so in that case how staightedge can you be.

"sorry doc, i'm sXe so i am refusing a new heart, i would rather die" :rolleyes:

I ain't tryin to make a statement. I just choose to be this way. I used to drink caffeine and I got kidney/bladder infections so I stopped drinkin it cause I got them alot. And about the tylenol and advil, ever since I was younger I just never did take it. I have never been able to swallow pills. I have tryed but I can't.

I ain't all out hardcore straight edge though.

RandomGuy
02-14-2006, 02:20 PM
I have never been able to swallow pills. I have tryed but I can't.

doesn't that defeat the purpose of being "straight edge" lol your not straight edge by choice

gijoe0720
02-14-2006, 02:21 PM
doesn't that defeat the purpose of being "straight edge" lol your not straight edge by choice

I wasn't ever able to whenever I was younger and just never try anymore. And I can't even remember the last time that I had a headache and needed tylenol or advil.

4dmin
02-14-2006, 02:28 PM
then why not be DRUG FREE .... sXe implys you have a statement to make b/c sXe is a statement, it always has been and always will be...

its like being Vegan but i only do it b/c i can't eat anything from animals. Why not just say i'm herbivore?

gijoe0720
02-14-2006, 02:32 PM
then why not be DRUG FREE .... sXe implys you have a statement to make b/c sXe is a statement, it always has been and always will be...

its like being Vegan but i only do it b/c i can't eat anything from animals. Why not just say i'm herbivore?

If I needed to take medicine I would take it, but if I don't have to I ain't goin take it. I have drank caffeine free drinks for so long now that whenever I try a regular coke I can taste a difference and I just don't like it.

Also how am I tryin to make a statement? If I was tryin to make a statement I am pretty sure everyone I hang out with would know but they just know that I don't do drugs and only drink non-caffeine drinks.

1439/2000
02-14-2006, 02:33 PM
Anybody listen to Judge and slam dance?

haha 1988 called and you guys can resume to taking medication. some of you may need it.

gijoe0720
02-14-2006, 02:39 PM
I have been like this before I even knew what straight edge was. I had never even heard about it until one of my friends asked if I was and asked him what that was and he told me.

1439/2000 Like I said if I need to take medication I will take it.

aaronfelipe
02-14-2006, 02:40 PM
Why don't you use it on your own throat?! :eye:
This one cracked me up!

4dmin
02-14-2006, 02:44 PM
Anybody listen to Judge and slam dance?

haha 1988 called and you guys can resume to taking medication. some of you may need it.

bahhhhh Judge :lmfao: ... you want to know whats funny is in some countries those bands are still GODS of the underground :rolleyes: , seriously i have a friend in argentina and they worship old hXc... i sent a bunch of old victory records shit to them and loved it Earth Crisis, Strife, Snapcase, etc..

*** back on topic ***

if you say you are sXe that is makeing a statement b/c sXe is a statement...

XXX DRUG FREE YOUTH XXX

my thing is why say anything, its not a political stance, i'm just drug free.

speedminded
02-14-2006, 02:49 PM
I ain't tryin to make a statement. I just choose to be this way. I used to drink caffeine and I got kidney/bladder infections so I stopped drinkin it cause I got them alot. And about the tylenol and advil, ever since I was younger I just never did take it. I have never been able to swallow pills. I have tryed but I can't.

I ain't all out hardcore straight edge though.So this is actually a group thing...bands of people gather to discourage whatever it is they aren't doing?

I don't take advil/tylenol/aspirin, etc. and i can just about bet i get less headaches then nearly anyone else on here. Same for pain killers, out of the 4 or 5 bottle of Lortabs i've been perscribed in my life i've only taken a couple pills out of each one...personally i just never wanted to build up a tolerance for drugs...my logic was the more i took the more i would need.

I had quit drinking when i was 18...started when i was 14 or so. Drinking at dinner and holidays is one thing but I had several friends pass away directly because of alchohol consumption and seen many adults drink their life away...then watched friends spend $50-100 every weekend on alchohol just for themselves. I can think of a few more things i'd rather spend $200-400 a month on. I'll admit i couldn't casually drink, if i was going to do it then i was going to go all out...i hated beer but it was cheap and i could drink alot of it, could drink rum and vodka like it was kool-aid but realized my life wasn't going to go anywhere being drunk...kinda hard to get laid too and performance in that area sucked when you can't even stand. Screw that, sex became my drug of choice :tongue:

EDIT: note: After i turned 21 i slowly started drinking again (not bc of age but bc i wanted to)...i still hate beer and don't drink it at all now bc i don't have to (back when you're way underage that's the only thing available unless you raid someone's parents liquor cabinet)...i prefer rum, tequila (Patron), & amaretto. Rarely drink enough to even be tipsy, i still like to remember my weekends :)

quickdodgeŽ
02-14-2006, 02:51 PM
THIS IS ACTUALLY SOMETHING I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT::::

What is "straight edge?"
What is sXE and hXc?

Later, QD.

AtifSajid
02-14-2006, 02:55 PM
Im with him on this^^

4dmin
02-14-2006, 02:58 PM
Q \/

straight edge = drug free youth, it is no drugs of any sort including prescription and over the counter, caffene free drinks only, no promiscous sex, etc... anything that can be seen as a form of a drug is taken out of your life style.

sXe = straight edge
hXc = hardcore
XXX = straight edge

quickdodgeŽ
02-14-2006, 03:01 PM
Q \/

straight edge = drug free youth, it is no drugs of any sort including prescription and over the counter, caffene free drinks only, no promiscous sex, etc... anything that can be seen as a form of a drug is taken out of your life style.
e

Ahhh. Thanks, Paul. Fucc that. When I don't feel good, I take shit for it. The free sex is cool, though. I'm down with that. I have never done any form of drugs(you know what I mean) and have only drank about 10 times in my life.

One question, though. Why would you want to suffer when you are sick? Why would NOT want to take an antibiotic to help you feel better? I don't understand. Later, QD.

BlueHatch
02-14-2006, 03:05 PM
i love booze, drugs and sex

4dmin
02-14-2006, 03:13 PM
Ahhh. Thanks, Paul. Fucc that. When I don't feel good, I take shit for it. The free sex is cool, though. I'm down with that. I have never done any form of drugs(you know what I mean) and have only drank about 10 times in my life.

One question, though. Why would you want to suffer when you are sick? Why would NOT want to take an antibiotic to help you feel better? I don't understand. Later, QD.

well common practice is they will take prescription drugs to treat symtoms, but you are not supposed to take drugs daily, say like anti depressant etc... most of this is basically a joke, to me b/c if you are going to be sXe then grow some balls and never use them, not when its neccessary.

and everything is basically a drug b/c the body is dependent on many things, including chemicals that my alter your body. say red meat for example... you can be sXe and red meat is basically like shooting your self in the foot b/c of all of the hormones that are injected into the meat we eat. natural meat is obviously what you should be eating but then again who am i to judge ;)

quickdodgeŽ
02-14-2006, 03:15 PM
I agree. But answer this, if you can. What is it that they think is going to happen if they do take something? Is it a religious thing? Do they think they when they die, they will fall into this big sea and fizz away? Is this supposed to be like a Wiccan thing? Later, QD.

threehundred
02-14-2006, 03:20 PM
Sounds like a shitty way to spend your life, avoiding things you may want/need. I agree with Paul, if you're drug free, just be drug free. No need to make a point of letting it be known and making it a lifestyle.

4dmin
02-14-2006, 03:21 PM
I agree. But answer this, if you can. What is it that they think is going to happen if they do take something? Is it a religious thing? Do they think they when they die, they will fall into this big sea and fizz away? Is this supposed to be like a Wiccan thing? Later, QD.

nothing its a statement on life to say HEY I'M DRUG FREE AND PROUD OF IT, only thing is no one is listening so they have to use the term sXe... its about as effective as wearing all black, growing long black dyed hair, and putting on eye liner to be called EMO. WTF :jerkit: you ask... exactly about as interesting as tucking your penis between your legs and prancing around as a woman.

no offense gijoe i'm not raggin on ya just showing ya that saying sXe isn't quite the right pc term.

quickdodgeŽ
02-14-2006, 03:23 PM
tucking your penis between your legs and prancing around as a woman.

That's not the kind of mental picture I was hoping to get. Lolol. I got you. I'm drug free, and have always been, but I don't need to call myself anything for it. And I'm not gonna take out some air-time on next year's Super Bowl and advertise it. Later, QD.

Tasuki_Civic
02-14-2006, 03:26 PM
im sorry guys but wtf is a straight edge ??

4dmin
02-14-2006, 03:29 PM
im sorry guys but wtf is a straight edge ??

please see post #21 \/

Q \/

sXe = straight edge
hXc = hardcore
XXX = straight edge

by the way i know this is way off topic, are you a hot chick? i've always wondered this by your post/sig/etc :D :goodjob:

quickdodgeŽ
02-14-2006, 03:29 PM
Paul. Yes. She is. Later, QD.

4dmin
02-14-2006, 03:31 PM
Paul. Yes. She is. Later, QD.

lol i know its like left field but for all of the years i've been on the boards she is probably the only girl i know i have never seen a pic of... lol (i was just wondering, she sounds hot)

quickdodgeŽ
02-14-2006, 03:32 PM
Lolol. Talk about the ultimate Jack. Went from no boozng, drugging, sexing to are you hot? Lolol. Later, QD.

4dmin
02-14-2006, 03:35 PM
Lolol. Talk about the ultimate Jack. Went from no boozng, drugging, sexing to are you hot? Lolol. Later, QD.

actually its a great example of what not to do if your sXe :lmfao:

:king:, "so you hot?"

:hot: , "yes"

:rly:

:idb:

Tasuki_Civic
02-14-2006, 03:35 PM
please see post #21 \/

by the way i know this is way off topic, are you a hot chick? i've always wondered this by your post/sig/etc :D :goodjob:
thanx for quotin tha meaning for me so i wouldnt have to look for #21 V.
and to answer ya pregunta......yea my milk shake brings all tha boyz to tha yard. lol :hot:

threehundred
02-14-2006, 03:36 PM
Well let's see a pic then

4dmin
02-14-2006, 03:36 PM
thanx for quotin tha meaning for me so i wouldnt have to look for #21 V.
and to answer ya pregunta......yea my milk shake brings all tha boyz to tha yard. lol :hot:

i don't know what the fuck you just said but i'm :D :crazy: <<< she still sounds hot

4dmin
02-14-2006, 03:38 PM
Well let's see a pic then

2x

Tasuki_Civic
02-14-2006, 03:39 PM
i only had one pic and that was a while ago when someone on ia offered to do my sig. and i dont have that pic anymore nor do i have a cam so i guess you guys are SOL till i get a chance to go to another event or meet. plus rite now i did get in a car accident and i currently have one blk eye. so hey ................

Tasuki_Civic
02-14-2006, 03:40 PM
i don't know what the fuck you just said but i'm :D :crazy: <<< she still sounds hot

lol ur funny . you make me laugh.

threehundred
02-14-2006, 03:40 PM
Paul don't really wanna look at ya face anyway

lol

Tasuki_Civic
02-14-2006, 03:41 PM
admin what do you look like. wheres ur pic?

4dmin
02-14-2006, 03:41 PM
i only had one pic and that was a while ago when someone on ia offered to do my sig. and i dont have that pic anymore nor do i have a cam so i guess you guys are SOL till i get a chance to go to another event or meet. plus rite now i did get in a car accident and i currently have one blk eye. so hey ................

lol you need some pix taken... ;)

i always wondered if you were a stripper or something... anywho i figured you were hot... judging by post and sig.

QD where the fuck have you seen her? do tell...?

4dmin
02-14-2006, 03:43 PM
Tasuki_Civicadmin what do you look like. wheres ur pic?

below :goodjob: (your turn next time you get a pic)

Tasuki_Civic
02-14-2006, 03:43 PM
lol you need some pix taken... ;)

i always wondered if you were a stripper or something... anywho i figured you were hot... judging by post and sig.

striper?? i am not..but im learnin tha moves for a new man...whenever i get one.

4dmin
02-14-2006, 03:44 PM
Paul don't really wanna look at ya face anyway

lol

what... you think im some whore??? lol... hell na i only like hot chicks w/ good grills and curves :D

Tasuki_Civic
02-14-2006, 03:45 PM
lol aaw ur a cutiiie

quickdodgeŽ
02-14-2006, 03:45 PM

The secret shall lie between me, her, and the Holida....I mean......I will never tell. Later, QD.

Tasuki_Civic
02-14-2006, 03:46 PM
what... you think im some whore??? lol... hell na i only like hot chicks w/ good grills and curves :D

lol i dont blame you .but uuh admin didnt you mess up this persons thread..........they were talkin about mormons or pple who dont have sex and drink and all that good ritouse stuff

4dmin
02-14-2006, 03:48 PM
lol aaw ur a cutiiie

thanx i'm the one in the pic w/o the boobs :lmfao:

god damit Q i'm gonna ban ya if you don't tell how you got to see her and me and chris haven't seen shit???:2up:

Tasuki_Civic
02-14-2006, 03:48 PM
The secret shall lie between me, her, and the Holida....I mean......I will never tell. Later, QD.

hahahaha.................ya i remember that. :goodjob:

4dmin
02-14-2006, 03:49 PM
lol i dont blame you .but uuh admin didnt you mess up this persons thread..........they were talkin about mormons or pple who dont have sex and drink and all that good ritouse stuff

ya i totally jacked his thread but you whould feel good about that b/c the jack was about you :goodjob: Happy Vday hope the eye gets better.

Tasuki_Civic
02-14-2006, 03:51 PM
lol thank you baby.......we'll meet soon and Happy VDay 2 u 2

threehundred
02-14-2006, 03:53 PM

I was just messin. Its obvious you got good taste

quickdodgeŽ
02-14-2006, 04:07 PM
Paul. Another thing. You mentioned "the scene." There is actually a "scene" for this? I can't imagine a meeting for sXe people: Later, QD.

devinwebb907
02-14-2006, 04:09 PM
lets see, i do drugs, drink, have sex..id say not me.

quickdodgeŽ
02-14-2006, 04:10 PM
Well, you do sound like you're a real respectable guy..................no. Later, QD.

Tasuki_Civic
02-14-2006, 04:14 PM
lets see, i do drugs, drink, have sex..id say not me.

i like drinkin and sexin so yea you can cancel me out 2. but for those who are. more power to ya.thats a lil challenging for me to. atleast the sex part. .....i could be a vegan. vegan food is dayum good.

speedminded
02-14-2006, 04:19 PM
i like drinkin and sexin so yea you can cancel me out 2. but for those who are. more power to ya.thats a lil challenging for me to. atleast the sex part. .....i could be a vegan. vegan food is dayum good.lol, drinkin and sexin

Hulud
02-14-2006, 06:05 PM
i grew up in the Atl sXe hXc scene and its pretty lame... it was back then and it still is...
man you make it seem like it was soooooooo long ago lol
you're only 26

The Ren
02-14-2006, 06:10 PM
My boyfriend is Drug Free/Straight Edge.. Unless he is hurting extremely bad he wont take tylenol, doesnt drink, doesnt smoke, doesnt do drugs. He does however drink coke so he's not Crazy sXe...but b/c alcoholism runs in his family he'd rather not test his limits..

Hulud
02-14-2006, 06:23 PM
what i hate are the kids at shows who have the X on their hands and have the mentality of "im straight edge and better than you"

thats what ruined the scene

{X}Echo419
02-15-2006, 07:48 AM
hmm, I thought "Straight Edge" was a group that cleaned up neibhoorhoods. got the gangs out and drugs too. Looks like I was mistaken.
Does anybody know what the name of that group/org. is? I don't mean to hijack your thread. I'll make a new 1 if nessary. thanks :king:

Hulud
02-15-2006, 08:35 AM
hmm, I thought "Straight Edge" was a group that cleaned up neibhoorhoods. got the gangs out and drugs too. Looks like I was mistaken.
Does anybody know what the name of that group/org. is? I don't mean to hijack your thread. I'll make a new 1 if nessary. thanks :king:
isnt that the guardian angels?