PDA

View Full Version : need some ideas

PMAC
02-14-2006, 12:48 AM
ive got an 03 single cab ranger and im coming up short on putting a good quality system in it, ive got a rockford p2 10 and a 600 watt kenwood amp powering it but it just isnt enough. If anyone has done a ranger or has any helpfull suggestions i would appreciate it.

BanginJimmy
02-14-2006, 10:33 AM
what box do you have?
have you upgraded your front speakers?
have you done any electrical upgrades?

PMAC
02-14-2006, 01:53 PM
i built the box myself nuthin fancey im still running factory speakers right now but im bout to upgrade them to either kenwood or alpine as far as wiring i have a 4 gauge wiring kit hooked up.

BanginJimmy
02-14-2006, 07:16 PM
let me rephrase

what size is the box, is it ported or sealed, what is it made of?

have you upgraded your battery, alternator, or big 3?

PMAC
02-14-2006, 10:45 PM
rough estimates on size is 36 in wide, 28 in tall, and 16 in deep ported and made from 1/4 in mdf

JASONBALL
02-14-2006, 10:55 PM
more than likely someone correct me if I'm wrong. but the box if a shared enclosure the air space might be to much for those subs. They might be responding like they would in free air form. Second you might be pushing them enough that the 1/4in is actually flexing and your losing the stiffness of bass. that is my theory.

PMAC
02-14-2006, 11:04 PM
i agree with the 1/4 mdf i am a former cabinet designer and builder and figured the mdf might not hold up for long it was basically just a temporary solution to get me a average system until i could afford to go all out. the airspace is a very large factor due to how the back of the cab is designed. The 2 rear speakers are incased in the interior molding but they stick out about 3 to 4 inches from the back thats why i couldnt extend the box to be the full length of the cab, plus the sub isnt really "top of the line" i really wanna go to a solo baric kicker or sumthin that airspace wouldnt have such a large factor on.