PDA

View Full Version : Got pulled over for the most worthless crap...

ct9a gsr
04-18-2005, 11:12 AM
So at 8:30pm this past Friday, on the home to my apartment (behind Costco on Barrett Parkway), I'm sitting in some traffic right in front of the exit for Dick's parking lot, almost in front of the BP gas station (both on my right)... since there's an openning on my right to go into the turning lane to go into the BP gas station, I turn on my right turn signal and go into the turning lane, then enter BP. The area in between where I originally was and the right turning lane to go into BP apparently had about 3 feet of striped lines that my right two tires crossed over. Needless to say, I was pulled over and written a citation that says:

"Approach BP Station, Cut to Rt going thru a painted gove cutting thru BP Station to drive up toward US Play"

My question is... could cops *really* TRUELY be this bored? It's a Friday night on Barrett, they could have a field-day with all the people cruising up and down that road, but they pull me over on my way home for this kinda stuff? *sigh*

Anyone have any idea how much this ticket's gonna cost?

B16a2 Civic
04-18-2005, 11:17 AM
dang...that sucks, the only thing i could think that you could say was the cop was profiling ( stereotyping)....but the ticket shouln't be that much, i wonder though if it will knock points from your liscense

Macro
04-18-2005, 11:21 AM
dunno! go to court and plead not guilty, they will reschedule and then the case will be dropped...the judge usually will see some really stupid tickets..

civic95
04-18-2005, 11:23 AM
Well he was definitely looking hard for something to give you a ticket for. I do get annoyed with people that run down turning lanes, then cut back in traffic to pass a few cars. I don't see a problem with what you did though, as long as you didn't hit someone.

chuck
04-18-2005, 11:46 AM
even i'll agree that's a pretty BS ticket...but like marco said, i'd go to court and just say some stupid bs right back at them like "the lines were poorly painted and you could hardly tell they were there", it may be bs but some is the ticket and they can't argue against your eye sight.

5thgcelica
04-18-2005, 11:49 AM
wow talk about lame.

HyPer50
04-18-2005, 11:57 AM
I dont think it's boredom. I think they just insist on being dicks on Barrett when everybody is up there. Met a few cool cops up there, but most of them will pull you over for anything and everything, and when they pull you over they will give you every ticket they can... I heard last weekend that GSP was out there pulling over all the mustangs, checking for cats.. So I kept my ass parked in Galyans/Save rite.

quickdodge®
04-18-2005, 01:29 PM
Well it is illegal to use a parking lot as a Through-way. Later, QD.

JustinSane110™
04-18-2005, 01:36 PM
Some cops like being jackasses. One time I got pulled over when I was coming out of a side street, no stop sign there and no cars coming, so I made sure to slow down and yield anyways because I saw him coming from the other way. So I pull out there and when I look back, he's pulling a U-turn with his lights on to stop me. When I pull over he says he pulled me over for not stopping coming off the side street so I said "Well, there's no stop sign there and I yielded anyways", for some reason he comes back with "When you're leaving the driveway do you stop before pulling out?" I told him "Not if theres no cars coming I don't" Then he tells me to drive more carefully and then gets in his car and drives off. Apparently he thought I was just stupid and didnt know there wasn't a stop sign there.

4dmin
04-18-2005, 01:45 PM
when you get tickets like that you need to get the badge # of the cop and call and make complaints about the cop ;)

SL65AMG
04-18-2005, 02:00 PM
i like that idea ^^^^

and id suggest going to court too....

The Yousef
04-18-2005, 02:05 PM
were you driving your evo? if so....then that's probably why....like black civic si said...stereotypes....

Chuckster
04-18-2005, 04:31 PM
I do get annoyed with people that run down turning lanes, then cut back in traffic to pass a few cars.

lol, sorry dude

Bajjani
04-18-2005, 04:36 PM
Try getting a ticket for going 77 when the officer claimed that it was 60. BUT there was a speed limit sign within 15 feet of my car that said Speed limit 70 mph. Also because there were orange cones I should have known it was a construction zone, but yet there was NO SIGN saying you are not entering a construction zone.

IndianStig
04-18-2005, 04:36 PM
Man im glad you got caught, who do you think u are cutting threw 3ft of white lane. Serves you right!

JK.
Just claim not guilty. And fight the ticket as much as you can it the stupidest thing ive ever heard.

RandomGuy
04-18-2005, 04:42 PM
80 bux + time lost from work during court >>> my guess

PinkTaco
04-18-2005, 09:59 PM
you think thats gay...i got pulled over the other morning for not having my front Tag plate on...the cop was in front of me, pulled to the side, then got behind me and pulled me over.