PDA

View Full Version : Misc Divorce is a sin?

Hulud
02-12-2006, 10:34 PM
Is divorce really considered a sin?

if so i got a question.

If its a sin, lets say hypothetical here: Bob and Jane get divorced, but Bob did not want to because of reasons. Jane is the one who wants divorce. Bob has been the model husband, never strayed, never lusted, etc... So if its a sin to divorce would both Bob and Jane have sinned?

5thgcelica
02-12-2006, 11:54 PM
techinally yes divorce is a sin.

but in your situatio you described, id say bob did not sin. because he wasnt the one who wanted the divorce.

PSINXS
02-13-2006, 03:48 AM
by the bible, divorce is only allowed on the gorunds of one party committing adultery. so u cheat its cool to boot.

metalman
02-13-2006, 07:54 AM
by the bible, divorce is only allowed on the gorunds of one party committing adultery. so u cheat its cool to boot.

That is correct, except if THEY (spouse) cheat you can divorce. If you cheat thats another matter.

The Bible is clear on that, divorce is only "allowed" when adultery is committed. However, Christ taught to forgive without end...70 X 7 times as He put it, so that is a principle to remember too.

Leisa
02-13-2006, 08:59 AM
damn, I guess I have been a sinner for about 10 yrs now...

98Impreza234
02-13-2006, 04:00 PM
I really dont people care if there sinning any more so whats a nother.

Hulud
02-13-2006, 05:28 PM
I really dont think people care if there sinning any more so whats a nother.
you're missing a word there, i have played mad libs with your quote now its in the bold let me know if im right

Hulud
02-13-2006, 05:29 PM
ok but my question still stand would bob be a sinner (if neither of them cheated)?
5thgcelica gave an opinion, but i was wondering if anyone knows for sure?

metalman
02-13-2006, 05:46 PM
ok but my question still stand would bob be a sinner (if neither of them cheated)?
5thgcelica gave an opinion, but i was wondering if anyone knows for sure?

The answer was given...more or less. Divorce for ANY reason other then adultrey is something ( a sin) any person will have to answer for...according to Scripture.

However a person who's spouse leaves them for no reason that is their fault is not a sinner because theyve been divorced by their spouse. According to the Bible they should have forgiven and worked to preserve their marriage but if the other person has a hardened heart thats on them.

When discussing this question people who have been divorced in the past often get offended. They shouldnt. Any sin can be forgiven by God...and the sincerity of the repentant sinner will be judged by God.

PSINXS
02-13-2006, 08:50 PM
^FTW

Hulud
02-13-2006, 08:52 PM
However a person who's spouse leaves them for no reason that is their fault is not a sinner because theyve been divorced by their spouse. According to the Bible they should have forgiven and worked to preserve their marriage but if the other person has a hardened heart thats on them.
thats what i was looking for thanks

Georgiaman
04-13-2006, 08:29 AM
It is only sinful if the marrage was not sanctioned by God exp

Jane and Bob was to non-christian people get married for the wrong reasons and then get saved God will tell you if you listen to leave that person cause he has a better women for you

blacknightteg
04-13-2006, 08:31 AM
divore is a sin and in the catholic church is either forbidden and looke down apon

metalman
04-13-2006, 08:33 AM
It is only sinful if the marrage was not sanctioned by God exp

Jane and Bob was to non-christian people get married for the wrong reasons and then get saved God will tell you if you listen to leave that person cause he has a better women for you

Where is this found in Scripture?

Georgiaman
04-13-2006, 08:50 AM
Well i am not real sure but God has a perfect bride for us all so therefore if you marry a women and she is not the one god has choosen for you then it will not last it maybe a sin but the wrong in it is sactioning the wedding without consulting God.

metalman
04-13-2006, 09:00 AM
Well i am not real sure but God has a perfect bride for us all so therefore if you marry a women and she is not the one god has choosen for you then it will not last it maybe a sin but the wrong in it is sactioning the wedding without consulting God.

I agree that one should consult God before marrying, that is a Biblical principle. Its also true that IF you marry without Gods advice or input you may have any type of trouble.

But to say that God has but one person for you is 'predestination'...I can't find such in Scripture. Fact is, any number of people could be 'the one' for you.

Also, to put ones spouse away for ANY reason, even their disbelief in God or lack of willingness to serve Him, their sinful nature, or anything else OTHER then adultery I cannot find in Scripture or its principles either.
Even in adultery the principle is STILL to forgive from everything that I see.