PDA

View Full Version : opinion on the stolen cars lately.

EJ25RUN
02-12-2006, 06:37 PM
with the amount of cars that have been stolen lately, people want to make a

thread for "stolen cars". i think this isnt the best idea since the people that

steal these cars are on both IA and lounge. i'm convinced of this.

Its sucks but putting pix or even little info about yourself here is giving info

to a possible theif. i hate the people that steal cars because taking

something from someone who has worked hard and invested tons into it is

soo low. With as many as have happened lately i feel like these thieves have

gotten cocky and hopefully mess up and get cought. It sux that where ever

you have to go now your mind races to hope your car will be there when you

come outside. And even worse to know they wanted the car because of

seeing it here on IA.

Julio
02-12-2006, 06:40 PM
Biggest problem is Honda's.. especially Civics.
I would invest in a good alarm system if I owned one. GPS is the way to go.

Civic Parts are making this thieves good money in the streets.

quickdodge®
02-12-2006, 06:57 PM

steal these cars are on both IA and lounge

I think it is one of the best ideas. How else are we going to see what to look for. Later, QD.

Brett
02-12-2006, 07:25 PM
Old idea, and old topic, Been talked about MANY times, but to glorify it in its own forum isnt gonna change anything. People make posts when it happens, thats all you can do, it doesnt need a whole area of IA just for this.

speedminded
02-13-2006, 11:48 AM

steal these cars are on both IA and lounge. i'm convinced of this.So please explain to me how posting information about a stolen car is a bad idea? Hellooo, it's already been stolen?!!! As QD said, how are you supposed to know about it then? Media is the best way to get information out and the more people that know about it higher the chance it has of being found... i suggest the stolen car forum so it's ALL in ONE central location instead of spread out all throughout IA and lost in a sea of threads.

The other purpose was to list information about the stolen cars so if anyone happens to run across a bunch of parts that sound familiar they'll know where to look. Say for instance if somone is selling the carbon fiber pieces off mp5o's hatch and you came across them for sale or someone offered them to you on the street...you won't necessarily remember who's car they may have came off of but you remember those same parts being missing at one time from a car that got stolen....do you do a search on "Civic Hatch" or "civic hatchback" or "stolen car" "someone stole my car" etc. You'd have to keep reading through thread after thread after thread and have to search using multiple keywords and phrases with no guarantee you'd even find it. I suggested a list with each stolen car on it to use as a database for missing parts and/or cars. It's not like it's giving any information away to thieves because it's all stuff that is already stolen :2cents:

98Impreza234
02-13-2006, 11:56 AM
Yeah it does sound like a bad Idea

quickdodge®
02-13-2006, 12:07 PM
As QD said,

Goddamn right. Reps to you for saying my name....bitch. Lolol. Later, QD.

redlinenprelude
02-13-2006, 01:53 PM
i have some suspicions.. i have been here for a few years and have seen quite a few "DOODE somebody DeBoed my car" threads..
no doubt the people who are taking the cars are affiliated with IA in some way, or have been at one time. i think they are finding members cars, mostly people who are getting into the "scene" and dont protect there invesments. next step is to get a IP address, then get a name, then telephone # then finaly the location of the car. and boom..somebody has some new parts.

RandomGuy
02-13-2006, 03:03 PM
lol why the fuck did he post doublespaced

mp5o
02-13-2006, 03:06 PM
So please explain to me how posting information about a stolen car is a bad idea? Hellooo, it's already been stolen?!!! As QD said, how are you supposed to know about it then? Media is the best way to get information out and the more people that know about it higher the chance it has of being found... i suggest the stolen car forum so it's ALL in ONE central location instead of spread out all throughout IA and lost in a sea of threads.

The other purpose was to list information about the stolen cars so if anyone happens to run across a bunch of parts that sound familiar they'll know where to look. Say for instance if somone is selling the carbon fiber pieces off mp5o's hatch and you came across them for sale or someone offered them to you on the street...you won't necessarily remember who's car they may have came off of but you remember those same parts being missing at one time from a car that got stolen....do you do a search on "Civic Hatch" or "civic hatchback" or "stolen car" "someone stole my car" etc. You'd have to keep reading through thread after thread after thread and have to search using multiple keywords and phrases with no guarantee you'd even find it. I suggested a list with each stolen car on it to use as a database for missing parts and/or cars. It's not like it's giving any information away to thieves because it's all stuff that is already stolen :2cents:

I couldn't agree more.

Dirty Octopus™
02-13-2006, 03:12 PM
thats y they made WMDs

quickdodge®
02-13-2006, 03:14 PM
lol why the fuck did he post doublespaced

He does that in all his posts, for some odd reason. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
02-13-2006, 03:15 PM
i have some suspicions.. i have been here for a few years and have seen quite a few "DOODE somebody DeBoed my car" threads..
no doubt the people who are taking the cars are affiliated with IA in some way, or have been at one time. i think they are finding members cars, mostly people who are getting into the "scene" and dont protect there invesments. next step is to get a IP address, then get a name, then telephone # then finaly the location of the car. and boom..somebody has some new parts.

So go ahead and say it then, dummy. Since you bascially said one of us mods is doing it, go ahead and say some names too. Fuccing idiot. Later, QD.

speedminded
02-13-2006, 03:16 PM
no doubt the people who are taking the cars are affiliated with IA in some way, or have been at one time. i think they are finding members cars, mostly people who are getting into the "scene" and dont protect there invesments. next step is to get a IP address, then get a name, then telephone # then finaly the location of the car. and boom..somebody has some new parts.What's that have to do with making a forum dedicted to finding the stolen cars and the parts that came from them? Of course you're leaving yourself open when you post information about your car, the events you'll be attending, where you live, etc...that's a risk you take when you're in "the public eye" here. I consider my car an extremely high risk for theft because of how much i'm involved with the scene around here but I take the neccesary precautions for that. It may not be enough but it's worked so far, knock on wood.

4dmin
02-13-2006, 03:33 PM
solution = buy a VW (no one wants one let alone could steal one) :D

redlinenprelude
02-13-2006, 03:34 PM
uhmm qd it doesnt take a mod to look up IP addresses? does it?? i thought anybody could.i am not insinuating that its a mod..so put up the ban stick bro..

speedminded
02-13-2006, 03:37 PM
uhmm qd it doesnt take a mod to look up IP addresses? does it?? i thought anybody could.i am not insinuating that its a mod..so put up the ban stick bro..umm, how else are you going to look up someone's IP, it's not in their profile....

redlinenprelude
02-13-2006, 03:40 PM
http://danasoft.com/

check that out man... it even tells you what homepage you are running.

redlinenprelude
02-13-2006, 03:42 PM
http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

chrisdavis
02-13-2006, 03:48 PM
http://danasoft.com/

check that out man... it even tells you what homepage you are running.

Taken from the website itself.

"The signature image is generated in real-time for each user that views it. Your IP address and other information are only visible to YOU, not to others, but because people see their own IP address and computer information displayed in the graphic, they think that their information can be seen by everyone!
Read the privacy policy for more details."

quickdodge®
02-13-2006, 03:49 PM
uhmm qd it doesnt take a mod to look up IP addresses? does it?? i thought anybody could.i am not insinuating that its a mod..so put up the ban stick bro..

uhmm redline yes it does take a mod to look up IP addys on IA. That website you posted won't do anything but show you your own IP addy. Not anyone else's. No need to make call-outs that you can't back up. Especially of that nature. Later, QD.

speedminded
02-13-2006, 03:53 PM
http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpgyou fuccin moron, that's not even YOUR IP fool. That's just an image link on that page... http://danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

quickdodge®
02-13-2006, 03:57 PM
^^^ He had a QD episode. Later, QD.

mp5o
02-13-2006, 03:58 PM
Anyways... Back on subject. There's been alot of talk about this but I wanna know if any of the mods are actually serious about creating a section soley for the purpose of keeping track of whats been stolen. I.e. location, time, date, parts, ETC as stated before by speedminded.

quickdodge®
02-13-2006, 04:00 PM
^^ Nope. Not in the plans. Later, QD.

speedminded
02-13-2006, 04:01 PM
^^^ He had a QD episode. Later, QD.lol, it was a QD epiphany...

2. A revelatory manifestation of a divine being.

3a. A sudden manifestation of the essence or meaning of something.
3b. A comprehension or perception of reality by means of a sudden intuitive realization: “I experienced an epiphany, a spiritual flash that would change the way I viewed myself” (Frank Maier).

mp5o
02-13-2006, 04:02 PM
^^ Nope. Not in the plans. Later, QD.

Ok, just wondering.