PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods I'm going boost and I need some of you turbo experts HELP!

Jdm94Coupe
02-12-2006, 05:55 PM
Okay here we go everybody. I was planning on going ls/vtec all motor. This is what i have now

LS Longblock rebuilt with CTR pistons 5k miles on longblock
DC Header
mild p and p
skunk2 intake manifold
1995 gsr tranny
stage 2 clutch
resurfaced flywheel
2000gsr shocks with eibach springs

stuff i bought brand new when i did the ls swap that i wont need to replace
1.brand new radiator
2.brand new rear motor mount
3.brand new battery
4.brand new fuel filter
5.brand new spark plugs
6.brand new spark plug wires
7.brand new front rotors and pads
8.brand new headlight and brights bulbs

this is what i'm thinking i will do w/ my extra parts and shit.....lmk what u think

sell my itr tranny for 900-1200
sell my gsr tranny for 500-700
sell my ls longblock for 800 or so...dont kno the exact $ so far
sell other misc parts i have...alot of them....bout $1000-1500 in parts
sell my itr head for 900-1200

do you think that will be enough $ to get a ls block w/ low comp pistons do the ls/vtec with a b16 head and still have enough $ to boost.....

now this is where i need help......i dont kno about all the t3/t4 t67 precision and all those......

my goals.......

daily driven.....i want OVER 350whp for SURE....i REALLY want 400whp....

i need ideas and help....btw i will be putting together a kit bymyself or buy from somebody else who has kept it up......no kits like greddy and apexi and shit.....too much $$ for low boost.....

lmk what you all think.......i could easily do ls/vtec w/ itr head and itr tranny but i want to go boost for the first time in my life....i went from a single cam coupe to a gsr powered del sol, and i think its time too move up!!! holla at ya boi

-TWAN!!

Jdm94Coupe
02-12-2006, 05:57 PM
BTW i will be moving to cobb county in june.......not that it has anything to do with this thread but i'd like to meet some new ppl!!

SPOOLIN
02-12-2006, 06:12 PM
haha man cobb is my back door.

personaly i think you should use the ITR head on the ls vtec and get some 9.1 pistons which would bump it to around 9.4:1, those heads are great for boost too!

Sell all that other crap. use a gsr tranny or similar on it. and boost it.

Cobb county is my back door man, ill only be 1 hr away then, lol

Jdm94Coupe
02-12-2006, 06:27 PM
well i got a itr and a gsr stover....thought ls was better for boost cause of longer gears....hows quaife?? my boi got it too but its not installed.....so i cant get his opinion of it.....

punkr6
02-12-2006, 07:06 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8037316701&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

here is exactly what you need for 350-450 hp

Jdm94Coupe
02-12-2006, 07:32 PM
haha man cobb is my back door.

personaly i think you should use the ITR head on the ls vtec and get some 9.1 pistons which would bump it to around 9.4:1, those heads are great for boost too!

Sell all that other crap. use a gsr tranny or similar on it. and boost it.

Cobb county is my back door man, ill only be 1 hr away then, lol

i was thinkin bout goin with a b16 head just to free up some more $$ but how are the itr cams for boost?......

Jdm94Coupe
02-12-2006, 08:04 PM
i also wanna know what the ar and trim shit means.....maybe i should go to honda-tech and search for it, lol nvm i guess

1civic
02-12-2006, 08:07 PM
I'm doing a Build Now...b16a Sleeved, Bored 84mm Machine work alone is 350..Not counting the Sleeves..Should end up with about 1800 in the Bottom end...Maybe a little more...In the Head I'll say 1200..Plus your intake,injectors..Etc..Etc.. :D..Thats Just the motor work..Still need a turbo..
Goal for this Build is 350+hp.. :goodjob:

Jdm94Coupe
02-12-2006, 08:16 PM
I dont think im going to do THAT much machine work, and im not gonna go bigger bore..... im just gonna go low comp pistons on stock bore, if any major work will be done ima get some head work.......we both on our way then! hehehe!!!.....lmk how your progress goes...

-twan

1civic
02-12-2006, 08:23 PM
I dont think im going to do THAT much machine work, and im not gonna go bigger bore..... im just gonna go low comp pistons on stock bore, if any major work will be done ima get some head work.......we both on our way then! hehehe!!!.....lmk how your progress goes...

-twan
I understand...Still need to atleast have a Percision Honing job done..Thats 175..thats to make sure the walls are true.. :D
Oh and this is a friends build...I have another one lined up also But its going to be alot NICER...If you need help or some parts hook up let me know...You still have my # ?

Jdm94Coupe
02-12-2006, 08:33 PM
yea i still got it......i will definitely hit u up cause ima need a recomendation for a good shop to take my new block to anyway....so i will hit u up when i decide 100% wut ima do

1civic
02-12-2006, 08:40 PM
yea i still got it......i will definitely hit u up cause ima need a recomendation for a good shop to take my new block to anyway....so i will hit u up when i decide 100% wut ima do
Yeah...I don't want to give up to much info online But When you call I'll hook you up...Also When Your ready to sell parts let me know...I should have some buyers.. :goodjob:

Jdm94Coupe
02-12-2006, 08:56 PM
datz a bet, preciate it!

B18c1Turboed
02-13-2006, 10:15 AM
DO Ls/Vtec and keep teh ITR tranny so u will have LSD.

Just upgrade pistons and rods and you will be set for the hp you want. shit u dont even have to upgrade anything just throw vlock toghter and you can hit 350HP safley, we did it on a DD driven car and it was fine for a long time!!!

Jdm94Coupe
02-13-2006, 10:24 AM
I can't stand the short gears, even if i have lsd.....i'd rather get quaife and throw it in a ls or somethin, thats how bad i hate short gears.......

can anybody explain the ar and trim things to me....and what would i be looking for in a good kit.....

o yea how long was a long time b18c1turboed......jw

1civic
02-13-2006, 10:45 AM
Wheel "trim" refers to the squared ratio of the smaller diameter divided by the larger diameter times 100. Generally, the larger the trim number the more flow the wheel has.

For compressor wheels , larger trim tends to mean slightly lower efficiency.

For "families" of turbine wheels (those with the same inducer diameter), larger trim usually means better flow with less backpressure but longer spool time.

A/R is a ratio of the exhaust discharge area vs the distance from the center of turbine wheel to the center of the cross sectional area. Smaller A/R housing has faster spool up. Bigger A/R housing has less back pressure, more flow for the top end.

.........Does This Help you at all......

Jdm94Coupe
02-13-2006, 11:18 AM
well i want mid/top end boost....so should i be looking for higher trim #? and a/r?

the ls/vtec its self should supply some low end, well enough for me, o yea im only gonna rev this to about 8500 at the most, in between 8k and 8.5k

so what turbos should i be looking for? i keep hearing about the precision sc61 i think it is?

1civic
02-13-2006, 11:22 AM
This should do it...A T3/To4E 60 T .63A/R is a hybrid turbo with T3 turbine, To4E compressor, 60 Trim compressor wheel and .63 A/R turbine housing.

Jdm94Coupe
02-13-2006, 11:44 AM
$^^?

1civic
02-13-2006, 11:47 AM
A good kit should run 2200...My Buddy can hook that up... :goodjob:
........Not Bullshit Ebay stuff......