PDA

View Full Version : To Europlate or not, that is the question...

rollininstyle2004
02-12-2006, 05:21 PM
Well my car is going to be getting some body work done soon and im debating whether i want to put on a europlate or not. I already have 2 of them hanging on my wall so I dont have to buy them, im just wondering whether to USE them or not. Im also posting this because this forum has been dead for a few days and i figured a random poll such as this would get it moving again :lmao:

The front end I am getting looks very nice with a Europlate, but at the same time sometimes i favor a clean plateless look. If i did use a plate i would get the plate holder and have it screwed in so it is permement and more attached looking. Im not a fan of just throwing some doublesided tape on there and sticking it on.

Here is a pic of the front I will be getting with a plate (its a Zender front if anyone cares)

http://www.vwcola.net/gallery/data/media/14/P3280104.JPG

http://1.8t.org/~dpham00/passat/GtG/New_Dimensions_13/nd13_20.jpg

I cant seem to find any w/o a europlate. Ive found a few with just normal US state front plates for the states that require them. Just picture it without one though.

So what is everyones opinion?

-Jordan

Julio
02-12-2006, 06:22 PM
Yes. Im getting one myself. =]

Allstar3.8T
02-12-2006, 06:59 PM
Sometimes I think they create a cluttered look, Like the second pic...Its almost too much to look at when heavily modded, or the tag # is gibberish.

Chuckster
02-12-2006, 07:29 PM
eh..i like euro plates that say sumthin not just randomness

imbosile
02-12-2006, 07:32 PM
i like the look without one, i think it just looks cleaner, and smoother.

rollininstyle2004
02-12-2006, 08:21 PM
Sometimes I think they create a cluttered look, Like the second pic...Its almost too much to look at when heavily modded, or the tag # is gibberish.
That is my argument against it...my only concern is if you look in the first picture i posted the Zender front is almost MADE for a europlate. As you can see the spoiler itself actually stops at thoose points next to the plate. Im thinking it may look strange w/o one. Ill probably go w/o one at first, its not a complicated thing to add later so i can always add it if for some reason i feel the front end is lacking any...

Decker1.8t
02-12-2006, 10:22 PM
good looking front end. euro plate all the way.

VUU
02-16-2006, 09:32 PM
I like the look of the euro plat myself. My GTI has a front plate holder that I wanted to take off but when I did, I found that it had two 5/8 holes drilled through the bumper! A euro plate will cover this soon enough.:)