PDA

View Full Version : So who took their tint off?

bijan gxe
03-06-2005, 08:41 PM
I didnt.......

I know this was porbly posted - but a friend of mine stripped all his off last week...I havent touched mine

Brett
03-06-2005, 08:42 PM
Hell no I wont, I have 5% and they can deal with it...LOL

I rather get a ticket then go to the 35% they say is legal

kilpatty43
03-06-2005, 08:44 PM
ive got 5% on the back window and the 2 sides...but the front windows i had 20% put on when i got my ticket bc i was in danger of losing my license so i was trying to suck up to the judge...but man i miss my dark tint on the front...you could do what ever you wanted and people didnt know it was great

Scrappy
03-06-2005, 08:45 PM
im getting tint soon :D

RISKYB
03-06-2005, 08:46 PM
dude tint the dar the way u want to, forget the pigs, they suck anyways

Cliff
03-06-2005, 08:49 PM
yea down with the pigs..... :rolleyes:

Brett
03-06-2005, 08:51 PM
Another genius statement :rolleyes:

İhris
03-06-2005, 09:25 PM
15% here, not to worried about it

djdetox
03-06-2005, 09:27 PM
still rockin the 5% :)

ProjectWidow
03-06-2005, 09:30 PM
yeh i got 18% all around and im not worried at all. i was going to tint my front windshield 32% but a run in with the law not to long ago makes me rethink that. if they pull you over, just roll down your windows and put your hands on your steering wheel and you should be fine

Brett
03-06-2005, 09:31 PM
^^ Exactly, Thats what I always do and I have yet to be told my tint is a problem, Give them respect they give it back usally.

ProjectWidow
03-06-2005, 09:34 PM
^^ Exactly, Thats what I always do and I have yet to be told my tint is a problem, Give them respect they give it back usally.
it really just depends on the officer. i was giving him respect and being cooperative but he didnt change his mind set. i have lost all respect for cops after that happened!!

Leisa
03-06-2005, 10:00 PM
well I have 20% all the way a round... so I should be safe I think....lol

bijan gxe
03-06-2005, 10:46 PM
:werd:

kilpatty43
03-07-2005, 12:51 AM
my theory is tint always increases the amount of road head...

Jerry
03-07-2005, 01:17 AM
my theory is tint always increases the amount of road head...
I don't know I am doing pretty good with 20% i guess. Just drivin a stick is a pain in the ass if you getting road head.

brads94accord
03-07-2005, 02:16 AM
running with 15% on the sides and 5% on the back window, not planning on taking mine off.

I got a ticket for it back when they had a tint law, but i got pulled over by a kennesaw city police officer who decided to pull me over cause my windows were tinted and my car was lowered, but didn't go after anyone speeding in the 25mph zone on that road.

twkg
03-07-2005, 02:30 AM
^^^thats some bull...your car can be lowered up to 4" before they can do something about it. but they find ways around that. like your head lights and fog lights cant be any lower than so many inches n stuff like that

when i worked at the movies i had a lotta down time on my hands....n i spent most of that time reading a book on GA state laws

speedracer41
03-07-2005, 06:51 AM
The ticket is only a $25 fine. THe new law on lowering or lifhting a vehicle is 2in. from stock, but who is the judge of what is "stock", there are many facyors that dictate ride height, rims, shocks/struts, etc. Tickets are a way of revenue for the most part, so when we call attention to ourselves with our cars, cops well continue to mess with us. What can we do? go back to stock, thats no fun.
My 2 cents

Rabunchic
03-07-2005, 08:38 AM
I have 5% all the way around and I will not take it off. I will just have to pay the ticket if I get on but I have had my tint for a year and a half and have not gotten bothered yet (knocks on wood)

Bring It!!
03-07-2005, 08:45 AM
I already got another ticket for it last night!!! Yea a whole 32.00 bucks he couldn't get me for anything else. I was rollin' down old milton last night when they shut down 400 and one of the pigs on the side of the road said he clock me at a whopping 43mph in a construction Zone. When I told he the last posted speed limit sign was 55 he suddenly became very interested in my temp tag and my window tint. I paid the fine on my way in this morning. $33.52 cause I paid with cash. What an asshole!!

Rabunchic
03-07-2005, 08:57 AM
Sorry bout that hun. You need to come see the new crib.

twkg
03-07-2005, 10:53 AM
The ticket is only a $25 fine. THe new law on lowering or lifhting a vehicle is 2in. from stock
figured that law woulda been subject to change....oh well.

HiPSI
03-07-2005, 12:54 PM
dude tint the dar the way u want to, forget the pigs, they suck anyways

in that case i hope someone robs your ass blind one night while you're not home

Dragonfly5338
03-07-2005, 12:58 PM

that's because you give the cops blowjobs, bert...

br3nn0n
03-07-2005, 02:52 PM
fuck no! why the hell would i take off my tint? cars without tint just don't look good at all... tint is a must!!

Cliff
03-07-2005, 03:44 PM
ummm i have seen some maybach's and mercedes that look quite right without tint...same with bmw....

HiPSI
03-07-2005, 03:46 PM
ummm i have seen some maybach's and mercedes that look quite right without tint...same with bmw....

i think all cars look just fine without tinted windows...

Cliff
03-07-2005, 04:00 PM
agreed...although moms interior is fadin on her acura from the sun so tint isn't always just to conceal....i have noticed my truck with tinted windows stays ALOT cooler in the summer than any of our other cars

br3nn0n
03-07-2005, 04:01 PM
i agree... tint def. helps out in the summer time... esp. if you have leather interior!

rickgiblin
03-07-2005, 05:04 PM
i got a 99 expedition with 2 1/2 all the way around and there aint no way in hell im gonna take it off... tint isnt cheep

Nismo
03-07-2005, 09:10 PM
gotta love that black leather in the hot summer sun

Babygirls_Galant
03-07-2005, 09:21 PM
Here in PC, getting pulled over for your tint was a high school thing. I havent heard many people now who run into that kind of problem and most of us have 5% or 6%. Did you guys get a new law or something? I don't really see why they worry so much. If everyone obeys signals and signs, it shouldnt matter whether they can see you. They are all nosy and want to know if you are smoking up.. is all.. I think.

Cliff
03-07-2005, 09:34 PM
hell if i was walkin up to a car at night parked in front of my house and it had blacked out windows i would understand fully why people feel the way they do about the tint law...i understand completely why cops fear blacked out windows so much....for them it's a matter of life or death literally...i like mine for the cooling reasons since i have a black/grey interior

HiPSI
03-07-2005, 09:40 PM
Here in PC, getting pulled over for your tint was a high school thing. I havent heard many people now who run into that kind of problem and most of us have 5% or 6%. Did you guys get a new law or something? I don't really see why they worry so much. If everyone obeys signals and signs, it shouldnt matter whether they can see you. They are all nosy and want to know if you are smoking up.. is all.. I think.

picture this:

you're a cop and you've just pulled over a car that fits the description of a vehicle that was carjacked at gunpoint. now do you want to be able to see into the car to make sure they aren't armed or trying to hide someting, or do you just saunter up and tap on the window hoping they don't bust a cap in your ass because they don't wanna spend a night in jail?

oh yeah, and last time i checked "smoking up" was illegal, so how exactly does that make them nosy if they catch you doing it? it's their job to enforce the laws, if you're caught doing something against those laws then you can't be mad at anyone but yourself.

Babygirls_Galant
03-07-2005, 09:43 PM
picture this:

you're a cop and you've just pulled over a car that fits the description of a vehicle that was carjacked at gunpoint. now do you want to be able to see into the car to make sure they aren't armed or trying to hide someting, or do you just saunter up and tap on the window hoping they don't bust a cap in your ass because they don't wanna spend a night in jail?

Okay, yeah you did get me on that one. But we dont have stuff like that here. I guess you just dont hear much about it. I am naive about the peeps killing officers. But very good point. I guess so, but from my point of view, I just like it darker tint, looks better. LoL

HiPSI
03-07-2005, 09:46 PM
Okay, yeah you did get me on that one. But we dont have stuff like that here.

you never have armed robberies or car thefts in PC? come on now... there's plenty of it, especially in a tourist town like that.

Cliff
03-07-2005, 09:47 PM
hell it's not like a cop can't smell when your smokin out whether your windows are up or down....dank dro it can all stink up a block

Babygirls_Galant
03-07-2005, 09:53 PM
hell it's not like a cop can't smell when your smokin out whether your windows are up or down....dank dro it can all stink up a block

I don't smoke, but most people down here that have that dark of tint have it for that reason. But seriously PC isnt bad for car thefts and armed robberies.. I swear. DUI and drugs are PC's thing... I guess. I mean, it is worst during the summer when we actually have TOURIST.. but most of the time it isn't peeps from pc. We arent as big as people think. Everyone knows almost everyone or knows someone who knows someone.

FrnkPwrs
03-07-2005, 10:31 PM
Why is it so hard to follow the tint law? Its to ensure officer safety. If you have a trailor queen, ok, thats one thing. But what about the officer thats shot to shit and didnt expect it because of the limo tint? How does the officer know the difference between the simple tuner and the guy who just robbed a dope dealer in the bluffs? If you need that much privacy in your car, do your private stuff in your car while its in the garage.

CEFIRO
03-08-2005, 07:13 PM
picture this:

oh yeah, and last time i checked "smoking up" was illegal, so how exactly does that make them nosy if they catch you doing it? it's their job to enforce the laws, if you're caught doing something against those laws then you can't be mad at anyone but yourself.
Can't he just scream out his PA "Please lower all your windows and shut the car off" or "Please step out of the vehicle"????

Babygirls_Galant
03-08-2005, 07:20 PM
Can't he just scream out his PA "Please lower all your windows and shut the car off" or "Please step out of the vehicle"????
Good point. Like I said we really dont worry much about that kind of stuff here.

Cliff
03-08-2005, 07:30 PM

the point of a pa is so you don't have to scream...you can calmly talk into it and it makes it loud....also he shouldn't have to tell you to roll down your windows or shut your car off that is common sense...if you get pulled over you obviously need to roll down your window to communicate witht the cop....and if you shut the car off on your own it shows them you are not goin to try and drive off and they are more relaxed and easy with you....also they usually don't ask you to get out of the vehicle right off the bat unless you have done somthin seriously wrong or that have reason to believe you are goin to try and drive off

Babygirls_Galant
03-08-2005, 07:34 PM
the point of a pa is so you don't have to scream...you can calmly talk into it and it makes it loud....also he shouldn't have to tell you to roll down your windows or shut your car off that is common sense...if you get pulled over you obviously need to roll down your window to communicate witht the cop....and if you shut the car off on your own it shows them you are not goin to try and drive off and they are more relaxed and easy with you....also they usually don't ask you to get out of the vehicle right off the bat unless you have done somthin seriously wrong or that have reason to believe you are goin to try and drive off
if they roll down the window then it doesnt matter how dark their tint is

green91
03-08-2005, 07:36 PM
im not taking my tint off.. but i am also respectful of officers and understand completely why the law is around. i always roll my windows down and put my hands on the wheel... its just common courtesy.

Cliff
03-08-2005, 07:43 PM
if they roll down the window then it doesnt matter how dark their tint is

that's the idea...that's why alot of people have said roll down your windows when he is walkin up so he cannot see how dark they are but either way if you tint your windows limo or such it is clearly because you have somthing to hide or somthing....most people do not black out their windows just for the heck of it

Babygirls_Galant
03-08-2005, 07:44 PM
im not taking my tint off.. but i am also respectful of officers and understand completely why the law is around. i always roll my windows down and put my hands on the wheel... its just common courtesy.
agreed. what is the law for tint there in ga?

Cliff
03-08-2005, 07:50 PM
32 is the law on passenger cars but on the back window, front strip and side windows there's really no way to test i don't believe so you can get away with whatever...and also the laws on trucks i think are a lil different....all kinds of stipulations....same with seatbelts

green91
03-08-2005, 08:13 PM
there is a way for them to test it, they have a meter that slides over the glass and gives a percentage read out

Cliff
03-08-2005, 08:15 PM
i was told it measured the thickness of the tint and you cannot slide the meter over windows that have no edges

Babygirls_Galant
03-08-2005, 08:21 PM
Yeah I dont know about the measuring.. I will check into it what floridas is because i am not sure.. if anyone cares. I only like dark tinted windows because it helps in a lot of ways, I don't have anything to hide.. I drive with my windows half way down or cracked most of the time anyways! ;-)

Cliff
03-08-2005, 08:24 PM
same here...i turn my heat/ac on and just roll down the windows...i just wish i could own a bike and not kill myself.....

Babygirls_Galant
03-08-2005, 08:31 PM
same here...i turn my heat/ac on and just roll down the windows...i just wish i could own a bike and not kill myself.....
never rode on a boke, but definitely wouldnt turn down the opportunity to

rickgiblin
03-09-2005, 04:31 PM
well i know im going to pc for spring break in a few days and im looking for a hell of a time

mi4dub
03-09-2005, 04:40 PM
i am 35% on jetta but my silver gti is always staying at 10%. i enjoy Road Head and club parking lots too much

FrnkPwrs
03-09-2005, 05:28 PM
Some of you really expect an officer to get on the PA every time someone gets pulled over? Or only suspicious looking cars? How owuld an officer know? See hwat im getting at?