PDA

View Full Version : ATT: CAR AUDIO PROBLEM! NEED ADVICE

DamnDisLaOsBoY
02-10-2006, 03:42 PM
I just bought a car recently and in the car there was a professional installed sytem. Just your basic door speakers, rear speakers AMP, etc nothing special...It was working great until today. I turn on the car and the cd player comes on and everything but no sound comes out the speakers..Any ideas of what it could be? I know it has to be something stupid not worth taking to a shop for... Your advice would be appreciated thanks..

rollininstyle2004
02-10-2006, 04:18 PM
Check the amp, see if it has power? There is probably a little power light on the side somewhere that will tell you. You should also be able to hear it a little if it is running. You may have just blown a fuse and the amp isnt getting power. Check your power connections on the amp, and check the speaker connections on the amp as well. It sounds like an amp problem since EVERYTHING went out as opposed to just some of the speakers.

DamnDisLaOsBoY
02-10-2006, 05:02 PM
problem solved thanks...It was a switched hooked up to the engine bay that had to be reset

imbosile
02-10-2006, 05:09 PM
problem solved thanks...It was a switched hooked up to the engine bay that had to be reset

glad you got it fixed.