PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Cars Forum?

speedminded
02-10-2006, 03:30 PM
Why not have a forum solely for stolen cars? One to two every week are getting snatched now and that's adding up quick and there's no good place to post it up. You want it at the top but the whoreslounge moves too fast and most of the other forums don't get seen by everyone (individual car makes, etc.)

Possibly bring back the Scene forum but actually moderate it this time...maybe strictly for RIP's and Stolen Cars? I'd be willing to be the "keeper of bad news"...

aaronfelipe
02-10-2006, 03:31 PM
I agree all the way with you.

GsrTurbo320
I like that idea, sounds good..

aaronfelipe
http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=43141

speedminded
02-10-2006, 03:41 PM
http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=43141exactly, would also like a sticky with a list of all the previous cars stolen kept up to date: where they were taken from (city), time they were taken, then where it was found (if found)...could incorporate car color and VIN. Would only take one line for each car and after a few months of compiling may be able to spot a pattern.

aaronfelipe
02-10-2006, 03:43 PM
We NEED to do this and notify other forums too.

mp5o
02-10-2006, 04:36 PM
exactly, would also like a sticky with a list of all the previous cars stolen kept up to date: where they were taken from (city), time they were taken, then where it was found (if found)...could incorporate car color and VIN. Would only take one line for each car and after a few months of compiling may be able to spot a pattern.

Hell yea thats a great idea.

EJ25RUN
02-10-2006, 04:38 PM
i wanna say for sure, YES

but i truly believe some of these thieves are on IA.

Speedm0(\)key
02-10-2006, 07:42 PM
i wanna say for sure, YES

but i truly believe some of these thieves are on IA.

you dont have to beleive it, its true allright

Sushi
02-12-2006, 06:09 PM
This will stop the kids that think they are hot shots. But really it wont stop the big timers that know what they are doing. And becarefull where you park your car. Aight so the safest place your car you think is the back of the walmart parking lot thats not the case id rather have a scratch and paint (like I do on my car now) cause of some idiot in walmart then park at the back and not have my car anymore and no one witnessed it happen. I dont leave my car outside. I park as close the entrance make sure my car is visble to all. So it will stop most car theives. I myself never stolen a car but yes I could def. pull it off. Thats just me tho I think about stuff like that and evaluate things like how would I steal my own car. Locking up the car is the easiest thing you can do. I have cameras in my garage and around my house. Same with neighbors. Put a peice of electrial tape on your vin. Be Smart. Be Safe. Its the simple things you can.

Sushi
02-12-2006, 06:26 PM
Oh another thing I wanted to add. Security System. Dont advertise what kind of security system you have. Thats like saying hey go get the diagrams for this security system so you can disable it and steal my car! Another think you want wanna do is relocated the system itself. Under the dash is such a common place. Try unique places im not gonna name any. But spend the extra money on wiring to lengthing the system. Just my thoughts on how to protect your car.

Brett
02-12-2006, 07:24 PM
Oh another thing I wanted to add. Security System. Dont advertise what kind of security system you have. Thats like saying hey go get the diagrams for this security system so you can disable it and steal my car! Another think you want wanna do is relocated the system itself. Under the dash is such a common place. Try unique places im not gonna name any. But spend the extra money on wiring to lengthing the system. Just my thoughts on how to protect your car.

Thats common sense that anyone already has, and if you are dumb enough to post what you have to protect your car, then youd be someone who desrves to get it taken.

And a forum for this would not stop as you say the kids from doing it and wouldnt detur big time either. This is not just our cars that get stolen, This is a problem since cars came out. Our cars get stolen as much as a base camry, etc.... We just feel we are targets more cause when it happens, we post it on here. These people sometimes watch these boards, they know what we drive and no forum for it will stop it. People post it all over the boards when they get stolen, we do not need to glorify it by giving it a whole forum for it.

We have had this idea brought up many times over the years, not a new idea.

speedminded
02-13-2006, 08:10 AM
Oh another thing I wanted to add. Security System. Dont advertise what kind of security system you have. Thats like saying hey go get the diagrams for this security system so you can disable it and steal my car! Another think you want wanna do is relocated the system itself. Under the dash is such a common place. Try unique places im not gonna name any. But spend the extra money on wiring to lengthing the system. Just my thoughts on how to protect your car.That's why i've wanted everyone that is interested in the GPS locator to PM and not advertise it on here, we don't want it be found and stuck to a semi-truck minutes after the car gets stolen :rolleyes:

Thats common sense that anyone already has, and if you are dumb enough to post what you have to protect your car, then youd be someone who desrves to get it taken.

And a forum for this would not stop as you say the kids from doing it and wouldnt detur big time either. This is not just our cars that get stolen, This is a problem since cars came out. Our cars get stolen as much as a base camry, etc.... We just feel we are targets more cause when it happens, we post it on here. These people sometimes watch these boards, they know what we drive and no forum for it will stop it. People post it all over the boards when they get stolen, we do not need to glorify it by giving it a whole forum for it.

We have had this idea brought up many times over the years, not a new idea.The forum I suggested is not to prevent vehicles from getting stolen, it would just be a database for the previously stolen cars. If someone is suspicious of a part or parts someone is selling where would they go? Use the search function and attempt to go through dozens of posts on IA? One thread would have a list with the make & model of the car with the VIN number including the color and maybe some of the major parts listed (plus the location & date is what stolen and where if found). Say for instance somone found the bronze colored jdm conversion front for sale, instead of searching through thread after thread of "stolen integra" or "stolen DC2" then they could pull up this list and find it instantly, send an e-mail to the owner and let them go with it from there...

The forum would also be the sole spot for the latest stolen car news, could sticky the cars BOLO (Be On the LookOut) thread then unsticky it once found. Currently notices get placed is several differant forums and sometimes lost in a sea of threads. Like i said before, there is nothing on this forum that will assist a thief because all the cars will already be stolen and it's not to prevent theft...just a central spot to assist in notifying of a stolen car and hopefully assist in finding it's location it and/or it's parts. :2cents:

speedminded
03-20-2006, 06:13 AM
Thanks for the forum, been wanting to see it happen for over a year :goodjob:

mp5o
03-20-2006, 08:09 PM
Thank you! Now lets create the sticky we were speaking of. :-)