PDA

View Full Version : Misc Hip-Hop/Rap Heads......

Negrodamus
02-10-2006, 01:08 AM
Who are some of your favorite "artist"/Groups of TODAY? As in no acts that are either broken-up, dead or retired i.e NWA,Pharcyde,Tupac,Biggie,Rakim,etc. 2002 to today.

NzProjeKt
02-10-2006, 02:12 AM
Jr Writer
Nas
Papoose
Cormega
Hell Rell
T.I.
Immortal Technique
Styles P
Bun B
AZ

^^^ Just off the top of my head.

quickdodge®
02-10-2006, 04:42 AM
I have none. Later, QD.

PhAtBoYMr2
02-10-2006, 08:00 AM
36 mafia - my favorite...you should know that
G-unit- Constant rototation
wu-tang - When i lived in New york thats all i would listen too
Ruff ryders- Back when they were running shit...i had a couple ruff ryders that lived in my hood gave me a couple mixtapes and cds

threehundred
02-10-2006, 08:19 AM
Bun B
Slim Thug (not necessarily the commercial shit)
DPGC
TI
Mobb Deep
Just a few

None of these are really lyricists, just what I happen to be digging right now

ReCkLe5s
02-10-2006, 09:46 AM
Atmosphere
Dizze Rascal
Roots
Royce da 5'9
the game
hell rell

COGCaviZ24
02-10-2006, 11:27 AM
in no order:
juelz santana
field mob
common
erik sermon
ludicris
atmosphere
weerd science
Brandon DiCamillo

1439/2000
02-10-2006, 11:32 AM
I have none. Later, QD.

x2.

Eric B. for president.

thinkfast®
02-10-2006, 01:59 PM
What I've been bumpin for the past few days:

Game
old OutKast/Goodie Mob (i.e Sky High/Hootie Hoo)
Glasses Malone
Crooked I
WC

quickdodge®
02-10-2006, 02:22 PM
DPGC

Haven't been together for years. Later, QD.

thinkfast®
02-10-2006, 02:30 PM
Haven't been together for years. Later, QD.

Quick they are back together (since before the West Coast Conference) and dropped a mixtape already..

"ride to the fullest" "I dont give a fuck" are a couple tracks that were buzzin before the mixtape, and they are droppin an album in 2006 (but you know how that goes)

quickdodge®
02-10-2006, 03:02 PM
It was talked about them being back together. Fact is, they aren't. They came together and made that tape(I have it, BTW) and went public with Daz saying he would never reunite with Kurupt and re-form DPG. Later, QD.

thinkfast®
02-10-2006, 03:08 PM
It was talked about them being back together. Fact is, they aren't. They came together and made that tape(I have it, BTW) and went public with Daz saying he would never reunite with Kurupt and re-form DPG. Later, QD.

Reunited – And It Feels So Good!

Kurupt's return to Death Row Records in 2002 not only estranged him from the rest of Tha Dogg Pound, it also drove a wedge between DPG fans. Some sided with Kurupt, others sided with Daz, Snoop and the rest of Tha Pound. However, fans were all agreed on one thing: the end of DPG was not a good thing.

After three years of separation, disses and threats, the beef is over and the Dogg Pound Gangstaz are back in business. But can Kurupt, Daz, Snoop and the rest of the Dogg Pound Gangsta Clique ever recreate the magic and chemistry that they had in previous years?

Even though DPG didn't officially break-up until Kurupt went back to Tha Row in 2002, the unity that had brought the DPGC family to prominence in the early-to-mid-nineties had been lacking for some time. There were various beefs between DPGC members, collaborations were few and far between and most of the artists appeared to be heading in different directions.

The loss of Kurupt initially brought the remaining DPGC members together as Daz, Snoop, Soopafly, Nate Dogg, Bad Azz and others came together to berate Kurupt and record Death Row disses. But this soon died down; partly because time heals but mostly because fans didn't want to see this beef continue.

For a long time, things were quiet as all of the artists involved tried to get their careers back on track. Snoop put out a 213 album and found a lot of success working with the Neptunes, Daz signed with So So Def to put out his first release on a major label since 1998 and Kurupt continued to make moves independently as well as forming the Riflemen with 40 Glocc, Jayo Felony and Mobb Deep. But fans were still crying out for a DPG reunion.

That reunion finally happened in April of this year, coming almost out of the blue. Shortly before it happened, Kurupt said that he hoped he would work with Daz again. Then both Snoop and Daz publicly said that they would be willing to work with Kurupt again. The rest is history.

But now that Tha Dogg Pound is reunited, can they achieve the success that they experienced with Death Row in the 90s?

Seeing as the relationship wasn't that strong before the much-publicised fallout in 2002, it would be easy to be sceptical about this. Add to that the fact that the DPGC members aren't as young as they were when they were most successful and the casual observer could easily write off the return of Tha Pound.

But as any DPG fan will tell you, these guys are far from finished.

Every DPGC member has improved dramatically since they first hit the scene. Some people may question Snoop's ability, but Snoop has proved that he still has what it takes when he's given the right beat. So potentially, the DPG reunion could easily surpass their earlier efforts.

The Western Conference as well as Kurupt rejoining Tha Dogg Pound has left all concerned reinvigorated and the current focus is unity. They want to put out a record with all of the DPGC members on it. And it's coming soon…

If you're still having any doubts about the 2005 Dogg Pound, check out some of the Dogg Pound audio that's been circulating in the past few months. The chemistry is still there, Kurupt is back on form and heads are turning – how else would Daz, Kurupt and Snoop get the cover of this month's edition of The Source?

DPG fans have been given what they were asking for since 2002. Now we simply have to wait for Dogg Food Part 2 to be released.

It looks like Dogg Pound was “for life” after all!

http://www.thadogghouse.com/reunited.php

Just to put ya'll on the new Dogg Pound album, it is 90% complete and full of hits. Here are some of the guest features so look out for the project. Daz , Kurupt & Bigg A are in NY promoting the new album. Tune in to B.E.T Rap City with J-nicks, Dogg Pound will be the guest check your local listing.

Artists on tha album:
Snoop Dogg
Nate Dogg
Busta Rhymes
Nelly
Soopafly
Paul Wall
Puffy
David Banner
B real

Production by:
Swizz Beats
Puffy
Alchemist
Daz
Battle Cat
Soopafly
Jazzy Phae

http://www.thadogghouse.com/news.php

please explain?

quickdodge®
02-10-2006, 03:18 PM
Hold on and I'll find the article that came out after that. That was made when everyone thought they were back together. Later, QD.

thinkfast®
02-10-2006, 03:23 PM
dude the one about their album being nearly done came out last week on Dogg Pound's website

http://www.thadogghouse.com/news.php check the first story

quickdodge®
02-10-2006, 03:32 PM
Yea, I know/knew about this record. But they have already stated that they are only doing this themselves, not each other or DPGC. They have made it known for some time that this is it. They aren't together. This is just a publicity thing to make some money. I'm still looking for the article on it. Later, QD.

threehundred
02-10-2006, 03:33 PM
either way, they do have new music and that's what i'm listening to.

It's basically 213 with DPG.

Thinkfast,
I've been bumping old outkast and goodie mob for the last few days too (sky high, black ice, hootie hoo, get up get out)

thinkfast®
02-10-2006, 03:35 PM
sky high/black ice is the same song

hmm

QD I havent heard otherwise, I really think they are together, they freestylin all on Power 106 out west, reflex is bangin exclusives like every other week

quickdodge®
02-10-2006, 03:51 PM
Thinkfast. I sit corrected. I just found out that they are together and that it was just a rumor started by some douche. Good call. I haven't paid much attention lately and wouldn't have known had you not said anything. BTW, I have that last mixtape here. Later, QD.

thinkfast®
02-10-2006, 03:54 PM
Its all good homey, I dont stay on top of Dogg Pound like I used to, well its been a while since they came out with anything (for obvious reasons) but when I "heard" they were back together, I made sure it was fact LIRL

at any rate I'll be scoopin up that CD when it comes out, it'll be first one I've bought in a few years haha

quickdodge®
02-10-2006, 03:55 PM
Yessir. I'll be burning that bitch, lolol. Later, QD.

ReCkLe5s
02-11-2006, 12:10 AM
i guess if you guysare raving about dpgc ive got some downloading to do.....

quickdodge®
02-11-2006, 04:27 AM
^^^ You don't need to worry about DPG. Save your CD-Rs for that Dickset Club. Later, QD.

COGCaviZ24
02-11-2006, 07:43 AM
^^^LOL

IA_GATLINBURG
02-11-2006, 10:27 AM
Dogg Pound is done. Snoop cant make a hit now a days. I doubt they will bang nothing. They are trying so hard to be out there. But is not the same. im Def a Snoop fan. But it seems Snoop can only flow sick on Dre's beats every other songs not produced by DRE sound to wanksta.. Snoop with dre sounds gansta with any other producer sounds corny.

My favorites right now:

Nas
Jay-Z ( Been listening to his MTV unppluged CD, Pretty bad cd)
TI
Game

Theres a few other's I like.. But only a few songs, Like Slim thug, Luda

Julio

bicsintegra
02-15-2006, 07:07 AM
T.I.
the roots
Dead Prez
remy martin