PDA

View Full Version : Just like Halfbaked

TheSnail
02-09-2006, 10:03 PM
I have also joined the 3-cylinder club. :rly:

About two weeks ago, I thought my lawnmower battery was crapping out, since the idle was dropping down by 200rpm after pushing the brakes or turning on the lights. So I got a miata battery, put it in and same problem continued. Then I figured my alternator took a crap after running the lawnmower battery. I checked the alt, but everything was fine. I still drove it around but saw I was running 15lbs instead of 19. So I thought my turbo was taking a crap. It still had/has plenty of power, and I raced a lightning and his mustang buddy, and beat them both, so I figured my turbo was on its last lim's. Then I drove it during daylight yesterday, and saw a cloud of blue smoke behind me after shifts. So I confirmed it was the turbo taking a crap. But then I thought about the following... It started right after I used some thin Royal Purple 5w30, and that it could possibly be seaping through the turbo seal. I changed the oil to conventional 10w40 about 3hrs ago, and took it for a spin. Hauled ass but left the cars on 75 maneuvering out of blue smoke. I started thinking on what upgraded turbo I was going to use about 2hrs ago, and made a 5k tab on a large upgrade list. Thinking about it, I had to confirm it was the turbo before splurging out 5k, so I went to check my compression, but could not find the compression tester, so I just cranked up the car and started pulling Coil pack plugs. Every thing was fine, then I got to the 4th coilpack, pulled off the plug and the idle didn’t change. Pulled the sparkplug and it was covered in oil. Fuck! God damn you ringland. Shit happens, but I still beat the Lightning on 3cylindrs :D

RandomGuy
02-09-2006, 10:06 PM
lol this post will go nowhere in the whoreslounge... every1 is like :wtf:

anyways damn sux for you... but its a good excuse to build it BLAHAHHA :)

btw what car?

TheSnail
02-09-2006, 10:22 PM
Sorry I didnt know where this thread belonged.

240sx s15sr,

Its good excuse to build, but turbo upgrades just makes me excited. So now I dont know if I should upgread the turbo right now, or just go ahead with pistons, rods and headgasket, or become Jewish for a month or two and pull 8k out of my ass.;)

ALVIN
02-09-2006, 10:28 PM
THat sucks dude I've neve had a cylinder crap out on me *knock on wood*

RandomGuy
02-09-2006, 10:28 PM
Sorry I didnt know where this thread belonged.

240sx s15sr,

Its good excuse to build, but turbo upgrades just makes me excited. So now I dont know if I should upgread the turbo right now, or just go ahead with pistons, rods and headgasket, or become Jewish for a month or two and pull 8k out of my ass.;)
i used to think like that... but whenever ut ake ur mind away from how much it costs total... then it gets easier...
Just do it peice by peice. Start by making the motor itself rock solid. Then work from there lol... its easier on the mind... it doesn't know how much you're going to spend in the end lol.

TheSnail
02-09-2006, 10:40 PM
Thats how I normally think, and I bet it will be back on the road mid summer, Because when I start something, I am always like "well I might aswell get this". Shit my last 240 when I spun a rodbearing, I was like "im getting a 7m to put in it", but then I was like "well I might aswell" get an sr if Im going to spend 1k on a 7m. Then I got the sr and was building it, and before I put it in my car, I thought "if i already spent 5k on this SR, then I might aswell" so 4months later I was riding around with the rb26, lol. So most likly Im going to go "all out" as usual, but it will take me a good minute.

HalfBaked
02-10-2006, 01:38 PM
I feel your pain!

I'm buying the rods and pistons this week.

Speedm0(\)key
02-10-2006, 04:54 PM
I have also joined the 3-cylinder club. :rly:

About two weeks ago, I thought my lawnmower battery was crapping out, since the idle was dropping down by 200rpm after pushing the brakes or turning on the lights. So I got a miata battery, put it in and same problem continued. Then I figured my alternator took a crap after running the lawnmower battery. I checked the alt, but everything was fine. I still drove it around but saw I was running 15lbs instead of 19. So I thought my turbo was taking a crap. It still had/has plenty of power, and I raced a lightning and his mustang buddy, and beat them both, so I figured my turbo was on its last lim's. Then I drove it during daylight yesterday, and saw a cloud of blue smoke behind me after shifts. So I confirmed it was the turbo taking a crap. But then I thought about the following... It started right after I used some thin Royal Purple 5w30, and that it could possibly be seaping through the turbo seal. I changed the oil to conventional 10w40 about 3hrs ago, and took it for a spin. Hauled ass but left the cars on 75 maneuvering out of blue smoke. I started thinking on what upgraded turbo I was going to use about 2hrs ago, and made a 5k tab on a large upgrade list. Thinking about it, I had to confirm it was the turbo before splurging out 5k, so I went to check my compression, but could not find the compression tester, so I just cranked up the car and started pulling Coil pack plugs. Every thing was fine, then I got to the 4th coilpack, pulled off the plug and the idle didn’t change. Pulled the sparkplug and it was covered in oil. Fuck! God damn you ringland. Shit happens, but I still beat the Lightning on 3cylindrs :D

damn that sucks man.. i hope you and matt (halfbaked) can take care of your this soon.. it'd be kick ass to have you guys on the road again.

i recently had a big scare, switching cobb maps back and forth between older/newer versions, the wastegate duty cycle "lower" map got stuck.. is the only way i could explain it.. wastegate stayed wide open.. we thought we killed the turbo in the STi.. turns out,takes a little longer when you flash and reflash.. and re-reflash.. i dont know its gay FUCK COBB TUNING!!!!

Tracy
02-10-2006, 05:04 PM
fuck halfbaked

HalfBaked
02-10-2006, 05:21 PM
fuck halfbaked

Yea! Fuck that kid! He is a douche!!!

PS:

Does someone have a birfday coming up.....

Tracy
02-10-2006, 05:36 PM
Yea! Fuck that kid! He is a douche!!!

PS:

Does someone have a birfday coming up.....

Yea!! I will finally be 21. SHOTS FOR MEEE!

WINDSOR
02-10-2006, 06:29 PM
sr20s seem kind of weak if you guys blow your motors up with less then 300 whp. I'll just stick with fixing up my 4g63T i think instead of screwing with these sr20s. I bought a 91 240 sx for like 400 bucks running for a daily driver...probably going to keep it that way. Oh hell,i may just find a way to put the 4g63T in the 240.

EJ25RUN
02-10-2006, 06:34 PM
sr20s seem kind of weak if you guys blow your motors up with less then 300 whp. I'll just stick with fixing up my 4g63T i think instead of screwing with these sr20s. I bought a 91 240 sx for like 400 bucks running for a daily driver...probably going to keep it that way. Oh hell,i may just find a way to put the 4g63T in the 240.

fuk the 4g,

5.0 240 ALL THE WAY

WINDSOR
02-10-2006, 06:40 PM
fuk the 4g,

5.0 240 ALL THE WAY

nah,chevy 350 with open headers! Do it commerce style!

HalfBaked
02-11-2006, 01:10 AM

I was right at the 300whp point.

The fwd sr20 piston rings are one of the weakest parts of the motor.

TheSnail
02-11-2006, 02:40 AM

I would not talk shit about the sr, I'll race you as it is on 3cylinders. This is what happened. Not the engine it's self.

While my car was sitting, "so and so" that was tunning a prelude, and had to get a new fuelpump (walburo) since the Walburo in the car was was going bizare. I come back to the car only to see my fuel pump ripped out. I was like WTF! So "So and So" told me that "So and So" needed it for the honda. So I confronted So'nSo and they told me they will get me a new Walburo. So a week later they give me a Walburo box, so I was like: I guess thats fine, though it is fucked up they did not ask me to take my perfect fuelpump, and have me install another one. So I opend the box and took a look at everything, and things were in there plastics, but when I went to put the filter on the fuel pump, I noticed the fuelpump was scratched , so I smelled it and it reeked of gas. I was like WTF! Hell naw ! Then I went to install it and it was not a 240 fuelpump. I had to modify the hell out of it, for it to "some what" fit. It took me 2hrs rather then 20min. I typed in the fuelpumps serial # and saw it was what the honda guys are running. So now I had my fuelpump ripped out for some crapped out one:( I cranked the car and the fuelpump has a mind of its own. It humms high the will hum low and change every 30seconds or so. So at first I was like "Im going to change this crap out before it fucks my shit up" but I took it for a spin on stock boost, and every once in a while it would hit fuel cut from the fuelpump changing its output. But instead of demanding a new one from so n so, I ran with it just delt with the fuel cutt when the fuel pump wanted to actup, that was untill that "acting up" was too much and I blew a ring from running lean, shortly after.

GsrTurbo320
02-11-2006, 02:41 AM
VTEEECCH PPOOWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAA To Tha RESSCCUUE!?

TheSnail
02-11-2006, 02:48 AM
You want to run 3cyl vs 4? Have it on video, or plenty of people to witness.

Do you take the offer?

GsrTurbo320
02-11-2006, 02:50 AM
..ohh maann...!

TheSnail
02-11-2006, 02:56 AM
K, its late so I'll talk to yall tomorrow. But who ever wants to challeng the Geo metro before I take it appart. Do so for tomorrow night. (Sat) it may cover the entire street with smoke but I'll still run it; Saterday or Sunday for who ever wants to run before its out of comission:)

GsrTurbo320
02-11-2006, 02:58 AM
Gnite :::WAVES:::