PDA

View Full Version : what is your favorite?

phd1ck
02-09-2006, 01:49 PM
what are your favorite brands of audio equipment?

sina518
02-09-2006, 01:58 PM
diamond, panasonic, memphis

rollininstyle2004
02-09-2006, 02:16 PM
Arc Audio, Zapco, Tru, Mcintosh, Sinfoni, Brax, Helix, all the other stuff i wish i could own someday :lmao: Any of the high end SQ stuff.

BanginJimmy
02-09-2006, 02:39 PM
Arc Audio, Zapco, Tru, Mcintosh, Sinfoni, Brax, Helix, all the other stuff i wish i could own someday :lmao: Any of the high end SQ stuff.

Zapco and Tru arent THAT bad, but they are very expensive especially the tru copper series amps.

My favs, Eclipse, RE, Adire, Focal, Stinger for wiring and accessories. Theres more, but thats all I can think of right now.

rollininstyle2004
02-09-2006, 03:06 PM
Zapco and Tru arent THAT bad, but they are very expensive especially the tru copper series amps.
Yes they are. I am happy with my Arc XXKs for now. The only thing I would consider upgrading to at this point would be the new Arc Rob Zeff Signature Series. They now have a 4000+ watt Class A/B monoblock :jerkit: :D

Allstar3.8T
02-09-2006, 05:37 PM
Eclipse source units, and Diamond Audio everything else. I also like Image Dynamics, Zapco, old school USD audio, focal, Mc Intosh, and some MB Q.
On the affordable side/anyone can afford; Polk Momo stuff is nice, I liked mine alot.

3.5altman
02-09-2006, 08:00 PM
jl audio

imbosile
02-09-2006, 08:08 PM
jl audio

:werd:

BanginJimmy
02-09-2006, 10:48 PM
JL is nice but way overpriced. If their gear was about 20%cheaper I would agree, but with the price you pay for it you can get better

ChrisG
02-11-2006, 08:56 PM
overpriced??? well I have being selling JL for 10 years now.... I would not even consider working for a company that didnt carry JL.... great people, great product..... and NOT overpriced......... maybe more expensive than you are looking to spend... but hey, you get what you pay for....... Pick up the phone and call a few car audio companies for info on their products and help with them.... 80% of the companies out there cant/wont help you because thay dont design and R&D their own products.... then call JL.... you will find some of the most knowledge and helpful people in the industry there........ just my 2 cents

phd1ck
02-11-2006, 09:46 PM
what would yall say is closest to JL quality but at a more affordable price?

BanginJimmy
02-11-2006, 09:59 PM
overpriced??? well I have being selling JL for 10 years now.... I would not even consider working for a company that didnt carry JL.... great people, great product..... and NOT overpriced......... maybe more expensive than you are looking to spend... but hey, you get what you pay for....... Pick up the phone and call a few car audio companies for info on their products and help with them.... 80% of the companies out there cant/wont help you because thay dont design and R&D their own products.... then call JL.... you will find some of the most knowledge and helpful people in the industry there........ just my 2 cents

call up RE and talk to the guys that did the R&D on their subs. Anyways, I'm not knocking on JL at all. They make a great product but I still say its overpriced. I wont comment on the new RE XXX, but I had 2 of the 04 XXX's and I would put them up against a W7 all day long in both SPL and SQ(even though the W7 has a slight edge in SQ).
The point I am trying to make here is that there is comparable on the market for much cheaper.
The W6v2 on the other hand is an outstanding sub at a decent price. Its high, but not extrememly so, and IMO is JL's best sub.

Comparable subs at a more reasonable price: Adire, Diamond(but depends on the sound you are looking for), RE, Eclipse (high, but still a little cheaper) JBL (gti series only) theres more, but those are the ones I know of personally.

Nismo
02-12-2006, 02:24 PM
YOu just said two of the xxx's against 1 w7. Thats not a fair comparison me thinks. I like Alpine, Jl (amps), Boston Acoustics and Kicker

rollininstyle2004
02-12-2006, 02:41 PM
YOu just said two of the xxx's against 1 w7. Thats not a fair comparison me thinks. I like Alpine, Jl (amps), Boston Acoustics and Kicker
Why? According to Tweeter's site the W7 is $800. Im almost positive that the XXX12 are less than $400 each. Given $800 and thoose two choices i would take the dual XXX setup anyday.

chameleon30038
02-12-2006, 04:32 PM
MTX subs/amps, Kicker subs/amps, Crossfire amps, Focal components, MB Quarts components, JL subs/amps , JVC headunits there may be more.

Pavlo
02-12-2006, 08:41 PM
Infinity, provide the cleanest sound for the money. Great for not so picky people and very good quality. I like clarion for simplicity, which is rare nowdays. Hifonics is great for the money, their amps deliver crazy power at nice quality for dirt cheap. There really are a lot of brands I like, also depends in which field of car audio.

MongolPup
02-12-2006, 08:52 PM
^ Thank god. I was thinking no one was going to my company of choice, Infinity.

Kappa stuff is very good for the money, a perfect spot between paying a ton of money for everything and getting shitty stuff for cheap.

v3rd1g0
02-12-2006, 09:44 PM
I liked infinity :-D that's what i have

Infinity amps blow tho. I've gone through two of them! both kept giving me a low pitched rumble through my subs. Got rid of the infinity amp and got hifonics and the rumble is gone.

MongolPup
02-13-2006, 04:49 PM
hmmm.... i have a 310a amp (soon to be two) and ive had no problems.

v3rd1g0
02-13-2006, 08:35 PM
i had the 611a, two of them XD both had same issue. I'm going to write in to infinity. I love the subs and speakes, just those amps really pissed me off XD

Boosted S60R
02-13-2006, 10:11 PM
overpriced??? well I have being selling JL for 10 years now.... I would not even consider working for a company that didnt carry JL.... great people, great product..... and NOT overpriced......... maybe more expensive than you are looking to spend... but hey, you get what you pay for....... Pick up the phone and call a few car audio companies for info on their products and help with them.... 80% of the companies out there cant/wont help you because thay dont design and R&D their own products.... then call JL.... you will find some of the most knowledge and helpful people in the industry there........ just my 2 centsI couldnt agree more. With JL and most everyone else you totally get what you pay for. :goodjob:

ChrisG
02-14-2006, 06:23 PM
hey..... i agree that there is cheaper stuff out there then JL.... and some really good sounding stuff...... but thats why ever car isnt 40K+, and all housing isnt 300K+.... you can buy and cheaper house and a cheaper car and still get something good..... but those things that are sold for more, are that way for a reason........ JL could make lower priced stuff... in fact they do (E class amps, W1V2 subs, TR speakers) and they are good products...... but there higher end stuff is priced the way it is for a reason, and its not because JL just wants to overprice things lol........ and some other brands you are compairing are great too.... I love Diamond audio.... but they have 500 dollar plus subs and 600 dollar speakers... and wow i remember selling D7 amps that were over 1000...... so are they over priced too???? I fight the price game daily with customers and I have for the 10 years I have been selling/installing car audio.... but I have sold more JL and over hi end brands than any.... and my clints are always happy, and return to see me :)

BanginJimmy
02-14-2006, 07:14 PM
some things are just more expensive because of the name. JL is one of the better companies because they are not just sitting back on their laurels like alot of other companies. They are constantly engineering new subs and amps to stay ahead of the competition. 4 years ago when the W7 was released it couldnt be touched by any other sub. That has changed, but not on the mainstream level. As soon as some of the smaller companies get to be better known and if those companies dont lower their standards then I think JL will be forced to be more lenient with their pricing. Until that happens though I will continue to say JL makes a great product, but when compared to other gear in the same price range, it is lacking.

rollininstyle2004
02-14-2006, 08:38 PM
hey..... i agree that there is cheaper stuff out there then JL.... and some really good sounding stuff...... but thats why ever car isnt 40K+, and all housing isnt 300K+.... you can buy and cheaper house and a cheaper car and still get something good..... but those things that are sold for more, are that way for a reason........ JL could make lower priced stuff... in fact they do (E class amps, W1V2 subs, TR speakers) and they are good products...... but there higher end stuff is priced the way it is for a reason, and its not because JL just wants to overprice things lol........ and some other brands you are compairing are great too.... I love Diamond audio.... but they have 500 dollar plus subs and 600 dollar speakers... and wow i remember selling D7 amps that were over 1000...... so are they over priced too???? I fight the price game daily with customers and I have for the 10 years I have been selling/installing car audio.... but I have sold more JL and over hi end brands than any.... and my clints are always happy, and return to see me :)
The only thing i think that is really overpriced in JLs line is the W7. I could personally never justify $800 for a single 12. I would take 2 Arc Audio Flatlines over a single 12W7 any day, probably have more output and comprable soundquality for around the same price. Thats just me. Everything else i think is fairly priced within the competition. My XXKs retrail for about the same as JL Slash amps with comprable power, Diamond D7, etc. Same with speakers, untill recently when the ZRs were released and the XRs were thier highest they werent overpriced. I personally didnt like the XRs (havent heard the ZRs yet), but they were comprably priced with similar sounding Focals, Quarts, Boston, etc.

Most of the time the whole JL is overpriced issuse rests soley with the W7...and ill agree with that...

ChrisG
02-15-2006, 04:10 PM
so you think that a sub that can do what it takes most two subs to do, yet only needs half the space, has 7 patents on it, and took nearly 10 years to design and build is overpriced at $800??? ok, to each there own.

97lude
02-18-2006, 01:39 PM
have you guys ever heard elementals stuff? i am not knocking jl but for what a buddy paid for 2 w3's box and components i only paid 300 more for a custom setup from a shop named custom sound in athens. jl makes good product dont get me wrong but elemental designs makes a lower price line of subs and amps would quailty that can compete with jl. they only sell direct so that helps keep the prices down i got a setup of 2 13ov.2, a nine 1 amp and 6500's in the front that not only will make anything jl has in the same price range sound sick but will easily compete with the much higher w6 too. jl is a good product dont get me wrong but you (asst. manager) act like they cant be touched e.d. is already there and i have know doubt will pass jl in the future. I'm putting 2 of e.d 13kv.2's in my other car next month when i get the money and show me somebody with 2 w3's and i will show a system that is not only able to handle much better but will destroy the w3's and are 60 less in price a piece!

BanginJimmy
02-18-2006, 03:21 PM
ED makes a prett good product, but I will never buy from them because of some extremely shady business practices. You can look on sounddomain.com and caraudio.com and find many horror stories about their customer service. Just look at the delays on thir new gear. People had it pre-ordered for 8 months or more with close to a dozen delays before anything was shipped. Also if I remember correctly the first batch of nine.1's had about a 75% defective rate.

rollininstyle2004
02-18-2006, 10:32 PM
ED makes a prett good product, but I will never buy from them because of some extremely shady business practices. You can look on sounddomain.com and caraudio.com and find many horror stories about their customer service. Just look at the delays on thir new gear. People had it pre-ordered for 8 months or more with close to a dozen delays before anything was shipped. Also if I remember correctly the first batch of nine.1's had about a 75% defective rate.
Since ED moved to thier new facility this year i have noticed a SIGNIFICANT decline in complaints. I ordered 2 EU-700s for a buddy of mine and it was very easy to deal with them :goodjob:

ED makes a good product, but personally i dont know if i would go as far as comparing the ov2s to a w6v2. Just me though, i havent had enough experience with either setup to make a justified claim, just personal opinion though.

DP97ACCORDLX
02-22-2006, 05:00 PM
Boston, Diamond, DB, Fosgate, Alpine