PDA

View Full Version : A run in with Atlanta's finest Honda

HatchedGTI
02-09-2006, 08:53 AM
Well it all started yesterday when I am looking to find the DMV on capitol avenue when I spot a quite hideous EK Civic, possibly an SI. Now this blue car had a wing on it that surpassed rooflevel and the fake carbon fiber euro lights. I chuckled to myself lightly and then decided to have a little fun. So I try catching up to him as he gets on the interstate and notice he is going pretty damn fast so it took me a while. When I finally got up ahead I saw a sight I never expected. In my rear view mirror this god aweful creature had a big ole front mount on it. He proceeded to come up to me and blow off at my all motor bolt on GSR. I let him have is fun and then he took off. Little did he know, his car was slow. Slowly pulling away, I left it in 5th and tried to keep up. I'm assuming he is on it the whole time mainly because of the smoke coming from under his car which I am also assuming is his open wastegate. One my 5th gear VTAC kicked in, it was all over. You guys know how it is... I actually started pulling the guy and once I guess he realized he was being pulled he slowed down and I passed. But yet that wasn't the end of the story, this big ole ricer took the effort to go past me roll down his windows and give me the big thumbs down. I looked at him and laughed, I had just gotten a thumbs down by a ricer.....

1439/2000
02-09-2006, 09:19 AM
Rad?

Smoke out of the wastegate?

His car must be really really slow.

TIGERJC
02-09-2006, 10:02 AM
ill race u in my stock mr2, hate when ppl call everyone a damn ricer now. ricer is a state of mind.

i will be hanging out tonight , so let me know if you are down for a run

JDMBoostedMR2
02-09-2006, 02:13 PM
get back over to MR2Board :rant:

Squidward
02-09-2006, 02:56 PM
i think you mean he is running open DP

1439/2000
02-09-2006, 03:09 PM
i think you mean he is running open DP

No he could have a wastegate dump. Black smoke doesnt pour out of mine though. You'd have to have a badass leak for that to happen. Did he have exhaust you could see?

Squidward
02-09-2006, 03:20 PM
^correct you are sir

TIGERJC
02-09-2006, 04:50 PM
i want to finish off these tires, cmon i would luv to race your gsr

who are u, i thought i knew all the guys on ia with mr2's

HatchedGTI
02-09-2006, 06:20 PM
He had a world sport exhaust... which was kinda odd for a boosted car. Why would I run a Turbo MR2? That would be stupid. I'm not saying my car is fast by any means. But if you really want to run a GSR, my friend has a boosted GSR swap comin in from Auburn whom Im sure would run you tomorrow... Or shit my friend also comin tomorrow has a 94 Supra TT, either one is yours..

HatchedGTI
02-09-2006, 06:24 PM
get back over to MR2Board :rant:

you = gay

TIGERJC
02-09-2006, 09:02 PM
stock mr2 making 200hp, its not powerful yet.

your bolt-on gsr vs a stock mr2 4 fun

havent u seen all those videos of mr2's getting thier ass beat

KevinT707
02-09-2006, 09:16 PM
How about your "stock mr2 making 200hp" against my LS/CRX next weekend ;). I'm only making 128 whp, you know .. since LS' are only rated at 140 at the crank but I slapped on all the bolt-ons possible & managed to squeeze out a few WHP :rolleyes: .

stock mr2 making 200hp, its not powerful yet.

your bolt-on gsr vs a stock mr2 4 fun

Squidward
02-09-2006, 09:17 PM
^oh snap

TIGERJC
02-09-2006, 10:25 PM
shit im gm, i dont car if i get beat - shit is fun to me. but i do go from digs only though. read my sig i wont be here next weekend

KevinT707
02-10-2006, 09:30 AM
Digs? RWD vs FWD, not fair + it depends on what tires your running to get traction off the line. You have the upper hand but I'm still gamel, you tell me where the nice "strip" is and we'll do it. So far I haven't had good luck w/ places to run from a dig, popo's come everytime.

but i do go from digs only though.

1439/2000
02-10-2006, 10:07 AM
shit im gm, i dont car if i get beat - shit is fun to me. but i do go from digs only though. read my sig i wont be here next weekend

:D

:rly:

TIGERJC
02-10-2006, 12:58 PM
we can go from a roll to make it fair then, if u come out to the sunday meet i know a few plces. we can even race in fayette

now if we go from a roll u have the advantage now, but its ok

the reason why i like going from a dig, is b/c it takes more skills and not just who's car is the fastest like on a roll

HatchedGTI
02-11-2006, 01:13 AM
who are u, i thought i knew all the guys on ia with mr2's

It's Mr2TRD1 from the board

TIGERJC
02-11-2006, 02:23 AM
SO HATCH do u want any of this????????????????????????????????

GsrTurbo320
02-11-2006, 02:24 AM
Well it all started yesterday when I am looking to find the DMV on capitol avenue when I spot a quite hideous EK Civic, possibly an SI. Now this blue car had a wing on it that surpassed rooflevel and the fake carbon fiber euro lights. I chuckled to myself lightly and then decided to have a little fun. So I try catching up to him as he gets on the interstate and notice he is going pretty damn fast so it took me a while. When I finally got up ahead I saw a sight I never expected. In my rear view mirror this god aweful creature had a big ole front mount on it. He proceeded to come up to me and blow off at my all motor bolt on GSR. I let him have is fun and then he took off. Little did he know, his car was slow. Slowly pulling away, I left it in 5th and tried to keep up. I'm assuming he is on it the whole time mainly because of the smoke coming from under his car which I am also assuming is his open wastegate. One my 5th gear VTAC kicked in, it was all over. You guys know how it is... I actually started pulling the guy and once I guess he realized he was being pulled he slowed down and I passed. But yet that wasn't the end of the story, this big ole ricer took the effort to go past me roll down his windows and give me the big thumbs down. I looked at him and laughed, I had just gotten a thumbs down by a ricer.....

I feel yah! :o

KevinT707
02-11-2006, 08:48 AM
Oh, I thought we were just figuring out whos car was faster, not who has more driving talent. :) .. huh, how would I have an advantage on a roll? RWD will ALWAYS have the advantage, traction wise.

we can go from a roll to make it fair then
now if we go from a roll u have the advantage now, but its ok

the reason why i like going from a dig, is b/c it takes more skills and not just who's car is the fastest like on a roll

Speedm0(\)key
02-11-2006, 01:46 PM
Oh, I thought we were just figuring out whos car was faster, not who has more driving talent. :) .. huh, how would I have an advantage on a roll? RWD will ALWAYS have the advantage, traction wise.

exactly... i mean then why do i go to the track?.. thats where my skills will be shown

TIGERJC
02-11-2006, 04:59 PM

MR2'S SUCK ON ROLLS, but whatever i dont care