PDA

View Full Version : Misc Anyone want a Pitbull?

1point8
04-17-2005, 03:39 PM
My friend has a 8-9 mo old male brindle pitbull that needs a new home. He doesnt have room for him anymore.

$150

http://www.petalumaanimalshelter.org/petgraphics/adoption/121803Tony.jpg

Mr.Big
04-17-2005, 05:46 PM
My friend has a 8-9 mo old male brindle pitbull that needs a new home. He doesnt have room for him anymore.

$150

Where do he live at???

thinkfast®
04-17-2005, 06:30 PM
yea...and what color?? what markings does he have?? any pics or something let me know...

ricky

dereksi
04-17-2005, 06:34 PM
Il come get it right now!!!! Let me know.

1point8
04-18-2005, 08:48 PM
Where do he live at???

Lawrenceville

1point8
04-18-2005, 08:48 PM
yea...and what color?? what markings does he have?? any pics or something let me know...

ricky

Brindle- Blk/brown/tan. Pic is up

1point8
04-18-2005, 08:49 PM
Il come get it right now!!!! Let me know.

PM me a contact #.

Rabunchic
04-21-2005, 10:06 AM
I just got one black!!! He is awesome

Dragonfly5338
04-23-2005, 02:17 PM
Not to hijack your thread, but consider this a free bump for a nice doggie :)

But I have NEVER understood the facsination with pitbulls. You can say "Oh they're nice dogs" but so are labs, goldens, etc. Any dog is a good dog if you raise them right. So what is so extraordinary about a pitbull that makes them so special? I think it's a status symbol like "Ooo, look at me, I raised this vicious dog and he obeys me".

I don't think people realize that if your dog goes crazy and chews up a little kid (And don't tell me "MY dog would NEVER do that" because it might - they are bred to be aggressive towards other dogs and KILL them. Sharks make the same mistake confusing people when they bite. And people still get hurt) that you will be paying their family for the rest of your life, and will probably have to file bankrupsy, considering the majority of the people here don't have the cash to pay out a 2m dollar lawsuit. Not to mention the guilt of destroying someone's life. All because you wanted a "cool" dog.

I just don't get it. But that's just me.

Back to topic, LoL, good luck finding a home for the pups.

T-Mo Goodie
04-23-2005, 03:04 PM
Free bump for the thread starter, but reply to above.

I owned 2 pitbulls, male and female, because I liked the dogs breed. Same way that someone loves poodles or cockerspaniels. Any dog can be aggressive and often times when you hear about a kid (or whoever) getting bit on the news or in papers, they are NOT pitbulls but labeled as pits. They are mutts. My male dog looked agressive (comments from other ppl) because he was the right size, big head, and chest, and also his stance. I didn't cut the tale or ears, nor did I fight my dogs. He was the sweetest dog ever. My female dog was the same, except she was over protective of me, my BF, and the male dog, until she saw that you were no harm to us. There was no "status symbol" in my decision.

But anyways your comment on biting someone and getting sued, could go for any dog. Its just personal preference I guess.

anothaRRR
04-24-2005, 10:30 AM
They are not "bred to be aggresive and kill". I think its all in the owner of the dog, they are very good dogs in my opinion. My dog has yet to attacked anybody. Its all in how you raise them and how others treat him. Sharks eat living objects to survive, not a good comparison. Its not about having a "cool" dog, hell I have a chihuaha and they get along very good, I was actually very impressed on how they got along.

Good luck with finding the dog a good home man.

BlackDubs
04-24-2005, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the bump folks.

Actually I have a couple of interested people already for the dog. Will be sold to a good home shortly. Comparing a shark to a dog is 2 different things. I dont think you can communicate to a shark like you can with any kind of dogs. People dont have sharks as pets and they arent considered to be pets. Dogs on the other hands can communicate with you. It doesnt matter what kind of dog you have, wether its a chihuaha or a poodle they all can be mean, hell I been bitten by a poodle twice. Its all in how you raise them. I have a pit bull that just loves people. If you saw her, you wouldnt think twice about her chewing someones kids up. She is around kids 24/7 and other dogs (chihuaha and 2 other pits). And she plays fine with everyone. The only time she barks at someone is when she is in the car and see's people and then you see her tail wag crazy fast. Pitbull just earned a bad rep and thats why everyone react the way they do when they hear the breed "pitbull". I dont consider having a "cool" dog. Its just the type of breed I chose to have and not just because everyone wants one.

You cant hate them because they have a swole stance and a big head ;). But you do have to admit they are scary looking. lol.

Ganjatrooper
04-24-2005, 09:28 PM
I got bored a quater of the way down the thread but i just wanted to add my 2 cents
a Pitbull is a very loyal dog if you raise it from a pup you could bet your first borns life that he would guard you and yours to his/her death plus they are just cool lookin dogs no one would fuck with ya if you have a pitbull on your side

Why own a gun? I own a Pitbull :-p

Rabunchic
05-11-2005, 09:59 AM
Val I respect you because you are a big animal rights kind of person, but if you go on the internet and pull up bite ratios of different breeds of dogs you will find that pitts are NOT first on the list. It is the chihuahua, poms and other toy breeds that are at the top of the list. Hell even german shepherds are above pitts. I will admit that my pitt is not allowed the children when I or my husband are not in the yard with them. And we have to chain him when we are not home because he will jump the fence because he wants human companionship. He is a GREAT dog, we got him because the original owner wanted to find a good home for him and everyone that wanted him wanted to fight him and he did not want that for Jasper.......So instead of selling him like he could have he opted to give him to us.

The Ren
05-11-2005, 06:50 PM
I can tell you this.. I work for a vet and have gotten bitten by more chiuas.. shihtzu'a.. and small dogs than a rottie..doberman.. or a pit. I personally have wanted a Amstaff/Pit for along time because they are beautiful dogs. I also want a cain corso (an italian mastiff) I could careless what people think of me or my dogs. When I got my American Staffordshire Terrier she was one of 19 abondoned at a petsmart in Savannah where I used to work. She loves my 4 cats and adores my 2 and 4 year old nephews. Alot of dogs have been labeled at pitbulls that arn't.. including american bulldogs.. whom are a vey dog aggressive breed. I have to now put my dog in the system as a terrier mix b/c pits are illegal in dekalb county. But all in all its how you raise the dog.. I can say i've been back into a corner by a Rottie and I would never get one.. but alot of people would disagree and say Rotties are awsome. Its personal preference.. I would never own a chiuahuahua... but how many people do???

and btw if that pic is the "pitbull" then that is not a pit.. that is a staffordshire terrier.. pits are bigger and have a smaller shaped snout.

1point8
05-12-2005, 06:37 PM
I can tell you this.. I work for a vet and have gotten bitten by more chiuas.. shihtzu'a.. and small dogs than a rottie..doberman.. or a pit. I personally have wanted a Amstaff/Pit for along time because they are beautiful dogs. I also want a cain corso (an italian mastiff) I could careless what people think of me or my dogs. When I got my American Staffordshire Terrier she was one of 19 abondoned at a petsmart in Savannah where I used to work. She loves my 4 cats and adores my 2 and 4 year old nephews. Alot of dogs have been labeled at pitbulls that arn't.. including american bulldogs.. whom are a vey dog aggressive breed. I have to now put my dog in the system as a terrier mix b/c pits are illegal in dekalb county. But all in all its how you raise the dog.. I can say i've been back into a corner by a Rottie and I would never get one.. but alot of people would disagree and say Rotties are awsome. Its personal preference.. I would never own a chiuahuahua... but how many people do???

and btw if that pic is the "pitbull" then that is not a pit.. that is a staffordshire terrier.. pits are bigger and have a smaller shaped snout.

That wasnt an actual picture. Post it up to show the color.

But the dog found a new home already.

The Ren
05-12-2005, 06:52 PM
glad to hear it!

The Golden Child
07-29-2005, 02:59 PM
man people piss me off with talking bad about pitts cause there breed gets bad mouthed by stupid a$$ people ..
why would you try to compare a pitt with a shark ??

but whatever hope the pup finds a good owner and wont fight it ..

BlackDubs
07-30-2005, 02:00 PM
He found a good home for quite some time now. He has gotten huge. He is not being use to fight or harm anyone in any way. I hate it when people think bad about pits. When theyhave only heard about one and have not been around one and have not raised one. Not everyone wants one because its a trend or to fight them.

£G2♣
07-31-2005, 01:46 AM
i cant see the pictures....

CMO
07-31-2005, 01:34 PM
The reason why I like pitbulls is for the fact that people do think bad about them. They are good dogs and I've been around them for years. And it's a known fact that when you see a pitbull in the yard most people are not gonna up to that house. That means while your not at home you don't have to worry as much about your house getting broken into. And that's what I like right there,they are GREAT guard dogs.

Julio
07-31-2005, 04:34 PM
75% of Americans get PITTS for the " look at me factor" I will find the link later on this... read it while doing reserch on Boston terriers.