PDA

View Full Version : How much for labor to boost?

IntegraXTR
02-08-2006, 06:29 PM
Hey I just got my tax return and thinkin about going boosted, need to know who can do it and how much? I'm pretty much planning to buy the whole kit, just need someone to install.

Bishop
02-08-2006, 06:38 PM
dont forget about a tune

anothaRRR
02-08-2006, 07:06 PM
You can do it and its free...

Tank
02-09-2006, 05:16 AM
hey jimmy talk to shandy and tuan about it there good with it especially shandy if reggie was here id say hit him up but hes in school so hit up shandy

IntegraXTR
02-09-2006, 10:03 AM
cool, but don't I need someone to install it? shandy knows how to do it?

99SI
02-09-2006, 10:16 AM
For a complete package you really can't beat what Mainstream has going. A great turbo, manifold, intercooler, custom piping, exhaust, injectors, chipped p28 plus tuning, and install. If you are determined to get the stuff on your own then I would definately reccomend them for doing the work. I would at least talk to them about their whole package. It's as complete as it gets and costs about the same as a turbonetics kit would be just to buy the kit, and includes installing and tuning. You just can't beat that.

99SI
02-09-2006, 10:19 AM
We started offering some package deals that include labor and parts, heres what we have:
***ALL PRICES INCLUDE LABOR AND PARTS***
MSPI CUSTOM TURBO KITS, ANY CAR
STARTING AT $3200
KITS INCLUDE:
TURBONETICS TURBO 1 YEAR WARRANTY
GREDDY/HKS BOV
LOG MANIFOLD
DOWNPIPE
FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER AND PIPING
WALBRO 255 FUEL PUMP
TURBONETICS EVOLUTION WASTEGATE
*UBERDATA
*450CC INJECTORS
BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK, WE'VE MADE 80-120WHP WITH JUST BOLTING OUR KITS ON.

A.P. Photography
02-09-2006, 11:34 AM
For a complete package you really can't beat what Mainstream has going. A great turbo, manifold, intercooler, custom piping, exhaust, injectors, chipped p28 plus tuning, and install. If you are determined to get the stuff on your own then I would definately reccomend them for doing the work. I would at least talk to them about their whole package. It's as complete as it gets and costs about the same as a turbonetics kit would be just to buy the kit, and includes installing and tuning. You just can't beat that.
agreed

IntegraXTR
02-09-2006, 12:02 PM
We started offering some package deals that include labor and parts, heres what we have:
***ALL PRICES INCLUDE LABOR AND PARTS***
MSPI CUSTOM TURBO KITS, ANY CAR
STARTING AT $3200
KITS INCLUDE:
TURBONETICS TURBO 1 YEAR WARRANTY
GREDDY/HKS BOV
LOG MANIFOLD
DOWNPIPE
FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER AND PIPING
WALBRO 255 FUEL PUMP
TURBONETICS EVOLUTION WASTEGATE
*UBERDATA
*450CC INJECTORS
BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK, WE'VE MADE 80-120WHP WITH JUST BOLTING OUR KITS ON.

sounds good man, but I can get a T3/t04 kit cheaper than that, just need someone to install it, tuning is not a problem, $3200 is a great deal, but I can get a turbo kit full for less than a 1k used from my boy, so spending 3k would be way too much for me. Thats why I posted the title as "how much for labor." I got a friend that can do it also, but just wanna see the prices out there.

A.P. Photography
02-09-2006, 12:42 PM
sounds good man, but I can get a T3/t04 kit cheaper than that, just need someone to install it, tuning is not a problem, $3200 is a great deal, but I can get a turbo kit full for less than a 1k used from my boy, so spending 3k would be way too much for me. Thats why I posted the title as "how much for labor." I got a friend that can do it also, but just wanna see the prices out there.
Sounds to me like you already have everything you need. A full kit for a grip I would be leary of, to many variables to consider that could go wrong. Does it come with intercooler, piping, chipped ECU, injectors, etc, etc? If it does then no matter what price a shop gives you, you will not be satisfied as it will be too much. I suggest if that is the route you want to take then you let your boy install it and get it running and then take it to Mainstream or Batlground and have it tuned. :2cents:

Halfwit
02-09-2006, 01:15 PM
mainstream will install ur kit.......

IntegraXTR
02-09-2006, 02:54 PM
Sounds to me like you already have everything you need. A full kit for a grip I would be leary of, to many variables to consider that could go wrong. Does it come with intercooler, piping, chipped ECU, injectors, etc, etc? If it does then no matter what price a shop gives you, you will not be satisfied as it will be too much. I suggest if that is the route you want to take then you let your boy install it and get it running and then take it to Mainstream or Batlground and have it tuned. :2cents:

thanks for the heads up dude, but I grew up with my boy and seen the turbo run, yes its a full kit including fmi, walbro fuel pump, all pipings, type-s or something like that bov, t3/t04 turbo, manifold, tial wastegate, turbo timer, and some other items I can't remember. I really just need someone to install it and tune it.

A.P. Photography
02-09-2006, 02:55 PM
Call and talk to tracy at Batlground or Mike at Mainstream for prices.

IntegraXTR
02-09-2006, 03:01 PM
will do, also can you give me a ball park on how much tuning will be? really I just wanna run like 7-10 psi daily, not tryin to hit crazy numbers, just wanna gain like 50-100whp.

A.P. Photography
02-09-2006, 03:06 PM
Not really sure to be honest. What managment system are you running?

Bishop
02-09-2006, 03:25 PM
if i remember correctly tuning is around $100 an hour, but im not sure so dont quote me on that

99SI
02-09-2006, 04:43 PM
Tuning will be about 100/hr at Mainstream. What kind of manifold is it? If your boy got the kit from ebay and you have an ss autochrome or xs ebay mani then it will crack and you will want to invest in a new mani. Make sure that the wheel spins freely on the turbo. It won't tell you everything as it still may have some boost leaks but you will know that it spins. lol. I would definately reccomend Mainstream as I have had only the best experiences with them. Batlground would definately be a strong second as I have had good experience with them also. Good luck on everything. BTW, I'm curious how many miles you have on your car and if you have any oil consumption issues currently.