PDA

View Full Version : Coretta Scott King FUNERAL

TIGERJC
02-08-2006, 04:52 PM
I was just wondering did anybody go. I talked to my friend last night and he said he couldn’t believe what he heard come out of the mouth of bush sr.

He said when Bush sr. was giving speech or whatever u call it-eulogy, well i cant spell it. He started making jokes on how big the church is and a country man like himself has never been in a church this big.

if that’s true, that is wrong on so many levels.

*But another thing if he said it, who is fucking writing speeches for this dumb ass family

Leisa
02-08-2006, 07:38 PM
WTF ever........

I saw the program, it was unbeleivable...26 pages worth

Sledlude
02-08-2006, 07:44 PM
I was just wondering did anybody go. I talked to my friend last night and he said he couldn’t believe what he heard come out of the mouth of bush sr.

He said when Bush sr. was giving speech or whatever u call it-eulogy, well i cant spell it. He started making jokes on how big the church is and a country man like himself has never been in a church this big.

*But another thing if he said it, who is fucking writing speeches for this dumb ass family

i've seen some gigantic baptist churches... and i believe bush is baptist right?

anyway, that seems pretty disrespectful , but i wouldnt doubt it coming from his mouth. i didnt go, it was right down the street from me, the whole block where i live was PACKED... like a few miles worth of people waiting in the street. sad stuff.

DerrickT
02-08-2006, 07:46 PM

no more wrong than the "weapon of misdirection" comment made. im not republican nor democrat but it was not the place.

not making excuses for Sr. but maybe he was trying to lighten the mood up a little, or just being the idiot that belongs in that breed of presidents.

TIGERJC
02-08-2006, 07:53 PM
no more wrong than the "weapon of misdirection" comment made. im not republican nor democrat but it was not the place.

not making excuses for Sr. but maybe he was trying to lighten the mood up a little, or just being the idiot that belongs in that breed of presidents.

MOST PPL DONT EVEN KNOW WHY THEY CAME TO THE SERVICE. I dont know if it true or not but it wouldnt surprise me if it was true. im not putting my politics in this, it is disrespectul period. The only ppl that can lighten the mood are the true ppl that knew her and understand what she did in her life.

quickdodge®
02-08-2006, 07:57 PM
i didnt go, it was right down the street from me, the whole block where i live was PACKED...

Wrong church, Asma. He's talking about New Birth Baptist Church. I went through there yesterday. Cars for miles. Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, Bush and Sr, Stevie Wonder, and countless others were there. Later, QD.

TIGERJC
02-08-2006, 07:58 PM
my church is big, i wish i could have gone but i had to go to school and plus i live sofar away from the church

Julio
02-08-2006, 08:00 PM
And?

Sledlude
02-08-2006, 08:01 PM
Wrong church, Asma. He's talking about New Birth Baptist Church. I went through there yesterday. Cars for miles. Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, Bush and Sr, Stevie Wonder, and countless others were there. Later, QD.

nah... it was on monday i believe? not the actual service i guess then.. but there was a viewing at Ebenezer Baptist monday night. and yes it was PACKED.

quickdodge®
02-08-2006, 08:02 PM
Ebenezer Church viewing was yesterday, also. Then it was moved over to Lithonia. Later, QD.

Sledlude
02-08-2006, 08:25 PM
thats what i saw then. my B.

DerrickT
02-08-2006, 09:15 PM
MOST PPL DONT EVEN KNOW WHY THEY CAME TO THE SERVICE.
He was most likely invited by someone of importance to the king family or he wouldn't have spoke there.

it is disrespectul period.
I agree. It was.

The only ppl that can lighten the mood are the true ppl that knew her and understand what she did in her life.
you're right. but with a 28 page program, he could have said the same thing everyone else did about her. I dont know how I would have handled the situation. I didnt see it nor did I care to waste my time watching it on TV, she was an important part of Dr. Kings movement, but she wasn't him I think its alot of hype over not alot.

Please dont get me wrong. I know she did great things but i mean seriously, If people dont know how good the Kings were at this point they will never get it. Just let her rest in peace.

GsrTurbo320
02-08-2006, 09:16 PM
Clinton Speech..was the best ..Rest SUCKED AND REPEATS!

JITB
02-09-2006, 05:39 AM
i cant believe i watcehed the whole thing...lol but i sat there and listened to all the speeches. (most). But clinton's speech was good, and bernice king's eulogy was great.

tony
02-09-2006, 07:36 AM
I was at work so I didnt get to see everything. I hate I missed Clintons part but I do not see how someone could call watching the services a waste of time. People who watched witness a piece of American history laid to rest. Four presidents were there, how many people could have that honor at their funeral? Stories were shared that you simply could not learn in school and that is why I enjoyed every minute I did hear.

I did feel that taking political shots at the war was out of place and I was actually impressed with George W's speech, he did not mess it up like so many of his other ones and it was almost believable.

TIGERJC
02-09-2006, 08:36 AM
I was at work so I didnt get to see everything. I hate I missed Clintons part but I do not see how someone could call watching the services a waste of time. People who watched witness a piece of American history laid to rest. Four presidents were there, how many people could have that honor at their funeral? Stories were shared that you simply could not learn in school and that is why I enjoyed every minute I did hear.

I did feel that taking political shots at the war was out of place and I was actually impressed with George W's speech, he did not mess it up like so many of his other ones and it was almost believable.

I HATED THE POLITICAL SHOTS PERIOD. But i knew it was going to be used a lot, b/c how coretta scott opposed the war. but dont bring that shit up during her funeral, talk about all the great things she has done in her life.

I did like the faces bush made when he was getting bashed by the speakers