PDA

View Full Version : Thinkin about sellin my sxt and gettin a STI

dtbd
02-08-2006, 02:36 PM
Im so sick of any neon including srt4s . I like my sxt but just wantin to go to a sweet import and STIs are so cool and fast. I would proabbly get a 06 and either blue , white or the tannish color rare one. All wheel drive is very nice. What do you guys think and what color.

deffro
02-08-2006, 02:40 PM
If you can afford it , do it. You will not be disappointed. Blue

Genya
02-08-2006, 02:58 PM
They are fun, 06 wrx's are fun too with the 2.5.

Julio
02-08-2006, 03:41 PM
Sell that Piece of crap man.. get the STI... I had a SXt as a rental.. Biggest piece of shit I ever drove.

Apache
02-08-2006, 09:44 PM
:lmfao: That's funny Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lmfao:

Flip
02-08-2006, 09:52 PM
GET THE STi!!! :) Blue is my favorite color. I just got one and i LOVE it! It's a great choice if you can afford it. I chose the 05 since i don't really like the new front end too much... Got one with 12k miles with a warrenty. Good luck with it! Oh, and buy private party so you don't get screwed over. Just be patient and keep looking until you find exactally what you want for a good deal. You will find it.

Nitro
02-08-2006, 09:53 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :rly: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Negrodamus
02-09-2006, 12:29 AM
IF you get the STi get a another color. Blue STi is like the Blue Si.....they're all over the place. Black with the Gold wheels with a nice suspension looks mean as fuck esp with Dp and TBE.

mp5o
02-09-2006, 01:19 AM
Black w/ black/polished lip wheels, tinted windows... or silver with the same setup.

Flip
02-09-2006, 01:25 AM
White is nice too, more rare... I've always wanted a blue car and i love the STi's blue so i just had to get it even though there are lots of them... If i hadn't i would have gotten the black. But if you like white it looks awesome too, and less people have it.

Nomad!
02-09-2006, 08:33 AM
Hmmm...Have considered an Evo? You get the turbo all-wheel drive goodness in a prettier package. I'm not to crazy about the look of the STi but, to each his/her own. If you do go with the STi, maybe a different color. The blue is EVERYWHERE! ...but, if your heart is set on a blue STi, that is what you should get. There's nothing like being able to get the the EXACT car you want...even if it isn't a Dodge :)

dtbd
02-09-2006, 02:09 PM
Yeah the evo is proabbly faster than both the sti and the srt4 so proabbly would get a red 05 found one for 28 thousand Proabbly could get 25 or 24 for it . Only got like 15 thousand miles on it . Looks so mean lookin . Your right nomad its all wheel drive and much nicer than the sti. Im still modding my sxt for show season. Said I was just thinkin about gettin a import still love my dodges.I have 2 neons .

purplehazing
02-09-2006, 04:58 PM
well i am a dodge fan but i always like the subaru's if u can find the tannish one get that i never saw them b4 and as for the evo's if ur gonna get an evo get one but don't turn into one of them evo snobs

Spike
02-09-2006, 07:50 PM
Yeah the evo is proabbly faster than both the sti and the srt4 so proabbly would get a red 05 found one for 28 thousand Proabbly could get 25 or 24 for it . Only got like 15 thousand miles on it . Looks so mean lookin . Your right nomad its all wheel drive and much nicer than the sti. Im still modding my sxt for show season. Said I was just thinkin about gettin a import still love my dodges.I have 2 neons .

Dont count on it. Evo's hold resell value like a motha...you might get it for 27000. STI's are over priced, granted you can do some good stuff to them, but 32000 for a 270hp car..... :idb: Just my :2cents:

rolling_trip
02-09-2006, 08:09 PM
Actually, i think that a brand new STI is a little cheaper in price than a EVO. I not knocking them but i pefer the interior of the STi over the Evo. However, The Evo will out handle the Sti in the curves, but lacks the power to come out of them like the STi can. The upside to the Evo, is that you can make more power gains quicker and for a little less than the STi. But stock vs stock the STI has a little more power over the Evo. I have personally always loved the outside looks of the STi over its competition. One things for sure, either choice you make you can't go wrong. Also BOTH hold there value very well.

One last thing, don't put the SRT4 in the same catergory as the Evo or STi.

dtbd
02-09-2006, 11:14 PM
Hey a srt4 can hang with either the evo or sti pretty well. Had one for awhile so I know . Anyway The sti I would get would be the platiumn silver rare 05 dont really like the 06s. Also for evo id get that red one I already got them down to 26,000 and found a platiumn sti for the same price. So very hard to decide on . Or might just go turbo for my sxt way cheaper and mod the crap out of her for shows and wait till next year and find a cheaper evo or sti.

GTScoob
02-09-2006, 11:34 PM
Evo and STI are so close in all aspects you really just need to drive them both.

I'd rock a white STI any day of the week but I need my wagon for versatility.

Spike
02-10-2006, 07:27 AM
Actually, i think that a brand new STI is a little cheaper in price than a EVO. I not knocking them but i pefer the interior of the STi over the Evo. However, The Evo will out handle the Sti in the curves, but lacks the power to come out of them like the STi can. The upside to the Evo, is that you can make more power gains quicker and for a little less than the STi. But stock vs stock the STI has a little more power over the Evo. I have personally always loved the outside looks of the STi over its competition. One things for sure, either choice you make you can't go wrong. Also BOTH hold there value very well.

WRX STI
MSRP from $32,995

300-hp 2.5-liter DOHC intercooled, turbocharged boxer engine
Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive with Driver Controlled Center Differential (DCCD)
Brembo® performance brake system
140-watt 6-speaker premium audio system with 6-disc in-dash CD changer
Automatic climate control

2006 Lancer Evolution RS

MSRP* $ 29,149

Comes standard with: a factory performance-tuned (2.0-liter, MIVEC DOHC, 16-valve, turbocharged and intercooled) engine with 286 horsepower and 289 lb-ft of torque, front-mounted air-to-air intercooler, close-ratio five-speed manual transmission with aluminum shift knob* and Teflon-coated cables, full-time AWD with an electronic Active Center Differential (with three driver-selectable modes—tarmac, snow and gravel), aluminum body panels (roof, front fenders and hood), rear-end strut bar, turbo boost gauge kit*, four-wheel ventilated Brembo® disc brakes, 17" x 8" double-five spoke Enkei® aluminum alloy wheels, speed-rated Yokohama P235/45 Advan® (high-grip, soft-compound) radial tires, front Recaro® bucket seats with premium Alcantara® fabric, leather-wrapped Momo® three-spoke steering wheel and more.

The STI is 300WHP and the EVO is 286WHP. I have buddies with both of these cars, and my next one will be an Evo. It rides smoother then the STI.

Nomad!
02-10-2006, 09:49 AM
I've seen a couple of stock SRT-4's take stock Evo's & stock STi's. They were 2nd/3rd gen SRT-4's and the drivers were able to overcome the rocket-like launch of the all wheel drive Evo & STi. I don't know if it was a driver thing but, the SRT-4's closed like cruise missles after they left the line. I'm sure the all wheel drive cars would take SRT-4 in the curves but, in a straight line, I've seen the SRT-4 give them hell.

On a side note, I'm in love with the Evo X!!!

rolling_trip
02-10-2006, 04:45 PM
It rides smoother then the STI.

Got to agree with you there, the seats are much easlier to ride in, in the Evo. Dang, i never noticed that the MR(same power?) was the only one to come with a six speed, like the STi. Flip a coin between the two, and you will own a great car either way. However I think you review of optains was a little baised. This will do a little better:

Evo
http://www.edmunds.com/new/2006/mitsubishi/lancerevolution/index.html?mktcat=makemodel-mitsubishi&kw=evo&mktid=ov404595

STi
http://www.edmunds.com/new/2006/subaru/imprezawrxsti/index.html?

-------

Nomad

I'm not downing the SRT-4's, or saying they aren't quick cars, or that they are not great budget cars. Its just that the STi's and Evo's have a heritage together in rally and are really a track car off the shrowroom floor. Both can be made better in many ways, but are great cars out of the box. I compare the SRT-4 as this generation's Grand National(which I would take with honor). A lot of people feel the same way about the SRT-4 as they did about the GN, "A V-8 should not lose to a V-6." Now its ten fold when 4 bangers are killing GT mustangs stock vs stock. I mean that they are quick in stock form, but with little money, can be made dangerous.(I speak from experience).

that is all.

purplehazing
02-10-2006, 05:12 PM
hey i test drove a wrx not the sti and i loved it only thing i don't like about it it redlines to quick but do u get some thing that u want and will love and just know that i am coming for all yall soon in the neon yeah buddy bwuahhahahahahahahahahahahaha

dtbd
02-10-2006, 09:19 PM
Im sticking with my sxt and doing some custom work to her just as cool building your own turbo ride then buying a srt4 or evo or sti . So building her into a sweet show modded to crap turbo sxt maybe back to nitrous also. Get a sti or evo next year. Love my sxt to much to get rid of her.

purplehazing
02-11-2006, 07:38 AM
well i see young grass hopper u a very smart girl u know that engine is capable of putting out 400 hp shhhh just a lil some thing that i read about thats what im trying to get out of mine around the 450 range

dtbd
02-11-2006, 01:16 PM
Yeah I was thinkin about puttin a srt4 turbo in and stage3 upgrade and see what Ican get out of that. Also thinkin about gettin a cooler paint job like metllic red or a platium silver like the STI"s or a evergreen. Or doing any of those color into my black.

purplehazing
02-11-2006, 01:49 PM
hhhmmmmm the evergreen metellic and black sounds interresting well i want to get this setup i read about in the new sport compact car magazine a guy got 400 out of a sohc neon it took alot of work but hey it can be done

dtbd
02-11-2006, 03:18 PM
yeah evergreen metellic is what Im going to do for my specks . Since my best friends fav color was evergreen. Im going to mod my car the way he wanted me too and dedicate my trophys to him when I win any if I do.

dtbd
02-12-2006, 02:44 PM
Havent decided if Im gonna put a alarm and remote start in her yet. For sure Im going cuda for hood with hood pins. Might go with a cf front lip with stock bumper. So like nitro Im changin my sxt also . She got her door hit bad and thats why Im going to take off graphics and put met. evergreen specks into her. I hate when the dealership does stuff to your car and doesnt admit it too ya.I had her there to fix a blown tires but decided to go to a cheaper place and then decided to go with some michelin hydroedges.Stayin with a wider 15s cause noone rides them anymore plus Im custom doing my stock rims gloss black with black lugnuts.Im gettin the black led tails and custom painting them. SO my outside is going to be some green and some cf and my inside is red and black. Then Ill work on building her into a turbo ride.

Nitro
02-12-2006, 09:16 PM
Holly u took your car to the dealer to get a blow-out fixed? :eek:

Nomad!
02-13-2006, 09:55 AM
Nomad

I'm not downing the SRT-4's, or saying they aren't quick cars, or that they are not great budget cars. Its just that the STi's and Evo's have a heritage together in rally and are really a track car off the shrowroom floor. Both can be made better in many ways, but are great cars out of the box. I compare the SRT-4 as this generation's Grand National(which I would take with honor). A lot of people feel the same way about the SRT-4 as they did about the GN, "A V-8 should not lose to a V-6." Now its ten fold when 4 bangers are killing GT mustangs stock vs stock. I mean that they are quick in stock form, but with little money, can be made dangerous.(I speak from experience).

that is all.
I didn't take your comment as if you were downing the SRT-4 and I completely understand where you're coming from. To be honest, I didn't think the SRT-4 would be able to compete with the STi & EVO in a race due to the all wheel drive and, I was shocked to see some of the results I saw. I guess seeing is/was believing but, again, I see where you're coming from. Its all good.

dtbd
02-13-2006, 10:41 AM
No nitro I took it to the dealer cause the dealership is right across where my husband works and he blew the tire coming to work Ive had stock tires until 43,000 miles so went over there to see about gettin the same crap of tire but they wanted to much so I changed my mind and went over by where I lived and got some pretty sweet lookin michlin hydroedges in a wider 15 .

Kryptonite
02-16-2006, 02:52 AM
Im sticking with

Havent decided if .

Yeah I was thinkin about .
Do you ever argue with yourself? :lmfao:
jk

dtbd
02-16-2006, 05:57 PM
Yeah I do irgue to myself especailly about my best friends death. Should of done more to get him to go to the hospital. Anyway I can never make up my mind about what I want to do to my sxt or what next ride Im gettin . I will proably be gettin a srt4 acr in red or orange blast or a sti in platiumn silver. In 2007 . But for now I m building my sxt up for show season. Going to be doing a lot of cooper custom painting for my eyelids and gas lid and sxt rims . Also lettering for the windshield and a ram for my rear window all in cooper . Also gettin a cuda hood , aem intake, black led tails , custom painted cf front lip.

Kryptonite
02-17-2006, 04:23 AM
:eek: DAMN :eek: you know how ta kill a moment.. cant blame yourself for the world it took me ALONG time to come to that in my past, dont live it everyday.
Not being able to make up your mind right away is a good thing wit your car. Keeps you thinkin about the next step and how to improve the last. Didnt mean anything as insult , i argue with myself all the time!
Still havent figured out how to send myself divorce papers without letting myself know about it. :crazy:
Btw I think you might mean Copper..could be wrong but i think Cooper is a tire company . ;)

dtbd
02-17-2006, 09:21 AM
thanks and yeah I meant copper. copper was one of the colors my best friend liked so dedicateding my ride to him at my shows this year. Still like your ride love the outside I want a red acr .

dtbd
02-19-2006, 08:13 PM
Finally sold everything I wanted . Nomore cf stuff last thing I sold were my tyc black tails. Over 300 bucks. So now I have some black led tails and some fiberglass lids . Cant wait to redo my ride. Kind of now how you feel nitro.