PDA

View Full Version : help quick... please look

rickgiblin
02-08-2006, 01:05 PM
well i just got an alpine 1005 indash tv and shit... but when i try to access the controls to change the background and all that shit nothing happens. is there something that oculd be causing this? i have my parking brake wire connected but i dont know. is anyone around the gwinnett area that could take a look at it for me or something? or someone explain how to put the parking brake sensor on... it tried to tell me in the book but it just confused me.

sina518
02-08-2006, 01:37 PM
you might want to go over to traffic jams on buford. any one of the guys there will lead you to the right direction

Directech
02-08-2006, 03:13 PM
Your E Brake And Foot Brake Wires Are Not Connected Properly..........

rickgiblin
02-08-2006, 05:37 PM
well i went up to traffic jams earlier and got an appointment for someone to look over all the wires and such tomorrow, just to be on the safe side... but i called up hifi buys and they said that theres no way thay that they could do a e-brake bypass switch... so i was like later, and traffic jams said that they can. so in about a week im gonna have them put that in too. :) hope everythign turns out ok

BanginJimmy
02-08-2006, 05:53 PM
all you have to do is ground out the parking brake sensor.

Sirius R
02-09-2006, 09:48 PM
all you have to do is ground out the parking brake sensor.

You my friend are incorrect.

rickgiblin
02-09-2006, 10:40 PM
well i went up to traffic jams... and dam, im supprised whos all onthis board. badapple, will be working on my car tomorrow. he seems like a really straight up guy and really nice. if you read this, it was great to meet you and ill see you tomorrow. but hes just gonna go ahead and put in the bypass switch for me and teach me how to use this thing with activating the parking switch... thank god someone knows what there tlaking about. but good news... i had everything hooked up rite, i just frogot to hook up a few wires that i thought were not needed.??? well hope everything goes good.

BanginJimmy
02-09-2006, 10:53 PM
You my friend are incorrect.

interesting. Thats all I had to do on my Eclipse and as far as I knew the only one you needed an actual bypass on was the AVIC-N2.

How do you do it on this one?

rickgiblin
02-09-2006, 11:09 PM
he said that you gotta run a switch to the power side of the brake wire(i think brown and white) on the actual foot brake and the other wire to the actuall ebrake(blue and yellow) i think thats what hes talking about... im not completly shure, but he could explain it better to you. his name on here is baddapple, i think thats how you spell it, but he knows alot of stuff... its weird, i had my car all taken apart for him and he just looked inside and he knew with about 3 minutes what was wrong? but one wire is a seprate wire taht goes to the brain itself and ones joined into the wiring harness... thats what messed me up

Sirius R
02-10-2006, 07:07 AM
Alpine does it's best to keep you from watching video while driving. They make you go through a process with both the foot and emergency brake. There are a couple of ways around it. You can use an Alpine video bypass module (pretty hard to find, but someone on here has a few), a cheap "black box" from ebay, a combination of a switch and foot brake or two switches.

B@d@pple is a good guy. I'd trust him with my car.

Directech
02-10-2006, 07:12 AM
A PAC TR7 Will Also Work Mr.Leek, It Is About 40dollars at your local electronics store. FYI

BanginJimmy
02-10-2006, 12:42 PM
good info, I'll ahve to remember that. Any other units that require the seperate module to disable the ebrake?

A.P. Photography
02-10-2006, 12:49 PM
I would trust B@D@PPLE as well :goodjob:

rickgiblin
02-10-2006, 01:59 PM
i know ALL alpines have to have a bypass switch, i think the n1 and n2 need one if im not mistaking... but someone correct me if im wrong. i know that this 6500 doesnt need one... i dont think, i never saw one on my buddies. but thats all i can think of. but as for b@d@pple... he seems like a great guy and i saw some of the work that hes done on here and it all looks great. hope everything goes well

Spyder
02-10-2006, 02:15 PM
i know ALL alpines have to have a bypass switch, i think the n1 and n2 need one if im not mistaking... but someone correct me if im wrong. i know that this 6500 doesnt need one... i dont think, i never saw one on my buddies. but thats all i can think of. but as for b@d@pple... he seems like a great guy and i saw some of the work that hes done on here and it all looks great. hope everything goes well
Not all, the CVA 1000 was the first and last to need you to simply ground the hand brake input. :)

Sirius R
02-10-2006, 03:04 PM
A PAC TR7 Will Also Work Mr.Leek, It Is About 40dollars at your local electronics store. FYI

Fuck you. That was my "black box"..I didn't know the model number...

I should have known that DEI-Rainman Morgan would..lol

What up dick? Where you been?