PDA

View Full Version : Fuck the State of GA

justinxecushyn
02-07-2006, 05:30 PM
So after a long 5-6 year relationship...my fionce decided to part ways yesterday....there is a baby involved and i was informed that State law states that if a child is born out of wedlock, then the custody is defaulted to the mother. Does anyone know of a good lawyer that I could use to get this taken care of? I would like custody of my child...Life fucking sucks at this moment...

babygurl
02-07-2006, 05:31 PM
where are you located at?

justinxecushyn
02-07-2006, 05:34 PM
DeKalb Co.

Julio
02-07-2006, 05:34 PM
sucks bro... child support blows.

justinxecushyn
02-07-2006, 05:39 PM
DeKalb Co.

justinxecushyn
02-07-2006, 05:40 PM
sucks bro... child support blows.

na, fuck child support, im' not payin for nothing that i can't keep in my possession. if anything, i'm going out for custody and she can pay child support.

quickdodgeŽ
02-07-2006, 05:43 PM
. State law states that if a child is born out of wedlock, then the custody is defaulted to the mother.

That is true. And it is very hard to reverse that decision. You will have to prove her being unfit, being unstable(job-wise and life-wise), and a few other things. Unless she is on drugs(or alcoholic), can't provide a decent life for the child and she doesn't try to work(lives on welfare), then it will be hard to gain custody. A lot is based on your status in life, also. Your length of employment coupled with your income. If you can provide a good, clean life for the child over what the Mother can do. The State will place the child in the hands of the person that most qualifies to care for the child. The State would rather the child be in custody of the person that can keep it off of State Care. If she can't and you can, it will be to your benefit. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
02-07-2006, 05:47 PM
na, fuck child support, im' not payin for nothing that i can't keep in my possession. if anything, i'm going out for custody and she can pay child support.

That's a bad way to look at that. Also, if you have to pay child support until you go to court(if it happens) for custody and you refuse to pay "for nothing that" you "can't keep in" your "possession," the Court will just laugh at you and send you on your way. Also, if you refuse to pay child support, you will be asked to give up all parental rights to the child, thus making it illegal for you to see or make any kind of contact with your child. Personally, I wouldn't do that. pay that shit until you get this shit going, dude. For your sake and, more importantly, your child's sake. Your child will need you more with you not around like you used to be. Later, QD.

babygurl
02-07-2006, 10:02 PM
well see the thing with not paying child support....she could set it up through the courts, where you pay them monthly and then they pay her, and if you fail to do that...they can put you in jail at anytime!

Marta Mike
02-07-2006, 10:09 PM
yea saying you aint paying anything to something that isnt in your pocession isnt the best way to look it, bc if u do, jail time could be right around the corner for you. If you too still have a decent relationship then i wouldnt even see court in the picture. Id just work it out w/her in a way thats convient for the both of you. I def do that b4 hittin up the law......this is why i always ask myself could i be with this person for the rest of my life b4 i dip it in the honey jar......................Keeps my whore tally low too-lol But good luck bro!

Pablo
02-07-2006, 10:17 PM
welcome to my world

GsrTurbo320
02-07-2006, 10:18 PM
So after a long 5-6 year relationship...my fionce decided to part ways yesterday....there is a baby involved and i was informed that State law states that if a child is born out of wedlock, then the custody is defaulted to the mother. Does anyone know of a good lawyer that I could use to get this taken care of? I would like custody of my child...Life fucking sucks at this moment...

..How old are you anyway?

RutRoe
02-07-2006, 10:23 PM
well see the thing with not paying child support....she could set it up through the courts, where you pay them monthly and then they pay her, and if you fail to do that...they can put you in jail at anytime!

You know a good way to beat that problem ?

Pay. It's the law. Sorry I'm not much help, just being realistic.

quickdodgeŽ
02-08-2006, 04:25 AM
..How old are you anyway?

Why does that matter and what business is it of yours? Later, QD.

{X}Echo419
02-08-2006, 07:01 AM
from 1st hand exp.: in Ga. the woman "always" gets the child. she'd have to come in to court with a heroin needle in her arm not to keep the kid.
2nd you don't have to pay child support, even if the court orders it. you can jus say F%$* it! the judges here are weak and don't follow up shit and/or you can drag shit out soo far(legally) that she'll get fed up with fighting you and give up.
This is what ya do if you lose costody(spelling): pay child support the 1st year or till the court date whatever. Save your reciepts for the clothes etc. Then when you Do go to court you can show(and I'm certian this will be the case) that she didn't spend 1 dime on things for the child. She just used your check to pay her car note or whatever.
That would be a good place to start. As far as lawyers go there's this guy his name is Sam Huff. He's great! Sorry but I can't find his #. G/L :goodjob:

Leisa
02-08-2006, 07:08 AM
from 1st hand exp.: in Ga. the woman "always" gets the child. she'd have to come in to court with a heroin needle in her arm not to keep the kid.
2nd you don't have to pay child support, even if the court orders it. you can jus say F%$* it! the judges here are weak and don't follow up shit and/or you can drag shit out soo far(legally) that she'll get fed up with fighting you and give up. This is what ya do if you lose costody(spelling): pay child support the 1st year or till the court date whatever. Save your reciepts for the clothes etc. Then when you Do go to court you can show(and I'm certian this will be the case) that she didn't spend 1 dime on things for the child. She just used your check to pay her car note or whatever.
That would be a good place to start. As far as lawyers go there's this guy his name is Sam Huff. He's great! Sorry but I can't find his #. G/L :goodjob:

This has got to be the biggest bunch of bullshit I have ever heard in my life....

Leisa
02-08-2006, 07:10 AM

Sorry to hear that, I thought yall were doing well... I would continue to support the child in question to the fullest capacity that you possibly can, it looks good in
the eyes of the court...

The Ren
02-08-2006, 07:38 AM
^Im with leisa.. Im sorry to hear about this.. G/L hun

ATK_Designs
02-08-2006, 08:24 AM
sorry to hear that bro. I agree with Leisa. Do anything that'd make you look good and professionally. Also, like QD said, you need a good lawyer and prove that she's unfit for the child - Financially, mentally, physically abusive, etc. Explore into her weakness and her habits to see what bad habit she may have that'd affect the child's health and future.

G'luck.

B16a2 Civic
02-08-2006, 08:30 AM
ECHO419, that is the dumbest thing you ever posted online....ever
i feel for ya Justin, hopefully it works out, i would take QD's advice if you take any from this thread.

RISKYB
02-08-2006, 09:45 AM
call wayne burnaine in lawrencville off of scenic hwy, im not sure if he handles such cases but he can tell you someone good that does if not, he is a real good crminal lawyer

{X}Echo419
02-08-2006, 10:35 AM
say what you want. I HAVE SEEN IT HAPPEN FIRST HAND! with the exception on the needle in the arm thing. so bite me :2up:

B16a2 Civic
02-08-2006, 10:38 AM
say what you want. I HAVE SEEN IT HAPPEN FIRST HAND! with the exception on the needle in the arm thing. so bite me :2up:

so you never seen it happen then.

Leisa
02-08-2006, 10:40 AM
awwww... did we hurt your feelings... ????

{X}Echo419
02-08-2006, 10:40 AM
I'm not saying it's right. just that would be the way to go if you really think it's in the best intrest of the child of the child to be with you. :2cents:

{X}Echo419
02-08-2006, 10:43 AM
This has got to be the biggest bunch of bullshit I have ever heard in my life....

I guess you've never tried to collect child support. there are hundreds of moms in Ga that can't get 1 red cent out of the fathers. Despite cort orders etc.

Slowboy
02-08-2006, 10:43 AM
That is true. And it is very hard to reverse that decision. You will have to prove her being unfit, being unstable(job-wise and life-wise), and a few other things. Unless she is on drugs(or alcoholic), can't provide a decent life for the child and she doesn't try to work(lives on welfare), then it will be hard to gain custody. A lot is based on your status in life, also. Your length of employment coupled with your income. If you can provide a good, clean life for the child over what the Mother can do. The State will place the child in the hands of the person that most qualifies to care for the child. The State would rather the child be in custody of the person that can keep it off of State Care. If she can't and you can, it will be to your benefit. Later, QD.

Thats pretty much the only way it will happen.

B16a2 Civic
02-08-2006, 10:44 AM
I guess you've never tried to collect child support. there are hundreds of moms in Ga that can't get 1 red cent out of the fathers. Despite cort orders etc.

you just said that to the wrong person....

holla.

{X}Echo419
02-08-2006, 10:46 AM
you just said that to the wrong person....

holla.

then you would think she would agree with me. collecting child support can be a bitch

Leisa
02-08-2006, 10:53 AM

dude, dont even get me that kind of crap.. I am in the processing of dealing with my exhusband and the 10,000 dollars that he owes me... unfortunately he lives in another state, so i have to be patient...

B16a2 Civic
02-08-2006, 10:53 AM
then you would think she would agree with me. collecting child support can be a bitch

i'll let Leisa say her piece

tony
02-08-2006, 10:54 AM
Coming from someone who has been in that situation I will say this.

First QD's advice was dead on, the only way to truly get full custody is to prove her unfit which is damn near impossible if she doesnt have a criminal record and works a regular job.

Second I think the emotion of the situation is blinding you from what is really important..the child. Child support isnt a chore, it is a responsibility.

I will say if you really want the situation to come out the best it can for everyone develop a good relationship with the mother. Obviously you wont be dating but communicate on a regular basis, it will keep her from being on the defensive and having no mercy on you because honestly the ball is in her court and will be till the child is a teenager.

If you want custody file for joint physical custody, the judge will look at you like an ass for wanting to take the child away from his or her mother. With joint physical custody you acknowledge that the child needs his or her mother just as much as they need you, you get to see your child on a regular basis and I believe child support is significantly less since you have him or her just as much as the mother. Even if you are not granted this at first keep working at it, keep receipts and a journal.. if you have your own place have a room set aside for the child.

With my situation we never even went to court because I put the petty sh*t between me and her aside and did what is best for our son. Any time my son needs something he has it and then some.. when I'm not working I have him with me so she has time to herself, for most women that is all they want if they are not bitter.

Imagine what your child would think if they heard you say you will not pay for anything that is not in your possession. The situation may be f*cked up now but if you just continue to be a good father then the reward will come in due time.

Leisa
02-08-2006, 10:56 AM
Coming from someone who has been in that situation I will say this.

First QD's advice was dead on, the only way to truly get full custody is to prove her unfit which is damn near impossible if she doesnt have a criminal record and works a regular job.

Second I think the emotion of the situation is blinding you from what is really important..the child. Child support isnt a chore, it is a responsibility.

I will say if you really want the situation to come out the best it can for everyone develop a good relationship with the mother. Obviously you wont be dating but communicate on a regular basis, it will keep her from being on the defensive and having no mercy on you because honestly the ball is in her court and will be till the child is a teenager.

If you want custody file for joint physical custody, the judge will look at you like an ass for wanting to take the child away from his or her mother. With joint physical custody you acknowledge that the child needs his or her mother just as much as they need you, you get to see your child on a regular basis and I believe child support is significantly less since you have him or her just as much as the mother. Even if you are not granted this at first keep working at it, keep receipts and a journal.. if you have your own place have a room set aside for the child.

With my situation we never even went to court because I put the petty sh*t between me and her aside and did what is best for our son. Any time my son needs something he has it and then some.. when I'm not working I have him with me so she has time to herself, for most women that is all they want if they are not bitter.

Imagine what your child would think if they heard you say you will not pay for anything that is not in your possession. The situation may be f*cked up now but if you just continue to be a good father then the reward will come in due time.

very well said... :goodjob:

Apache
02-08-2006, 11:49 AM
That's very great advice from QD and Tony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

{X}Echo419
02-08-2006, 12:26 PM
dude, dont even get me that kind of crap.. I am in the processing of dealing with my exhusband and the 10,000 dollars that he owes me... unfortunately he lives in another state, so i have to be patient...

aww. did I hurt your feelings...?

btw: good points Tony :goodjob: . it's to bad more parents can't behave mature long enough to take care of what "really" matters.
Being adult enough to make the baby and being adult enough to take responsibilty are 2 differnt things...unfortunatly

justinxecushyn
02-08-2006, 01:40 PM
i spoke to an attorney yesterday and he gave me a lot of insight and is willing to help me out with this. her and I sat down and had a pow-wow and got out a lot of underlining problems. i think that this is what was needed...we both want whats best for the kid bottom line.

make up sex took forever though. like fuckin 4 hours lol.

quickdodgeŽ
02-08-2006, 03:56 PM
2nd you don't have to pay child support, even if the court orders it. you can jus say F%$* it! the judges here are weak and don't follow up shit and/or you can drag shit out soo far(legally) that she'll get fed up with fighting you and give up.
This is what ya do if you lose costody(spelling): pay child support the 1st year or till the court date whatever.

This is very bad advice. Not to mention, untrue. The payments will back up. If you knew first hand ,you would know that your payments will accrue and when you reach a certain dollar amount, you'll end up in jail. I know about this first hand. If you are court ordered to pay and you don't, not only are you going to be held accountable for that, but you will also be in contempt of court.

Save your reciepts for the clothes etc. Then when you Do go to court you can show(and I'm certian this will be the case) that she didn't spend 1 dime on things for the child. She just used your check to pay her car note or whatever.

Only thing wrong with that, though, is that as long as the child is taken care of and lacks nothing, it doesn't matter where your exact dime goes. Later, QD.

{X}Echo419
02-09-2006, 08:03 AM
^^^this guy's probally right. after all he's been married more times than any of us ever will.

quickdodgeŽ
02-09-2006, 08:24 PM
Hmmm. I'm pretty sure being married twice isn't that big of a deal. But, with people like you, my being married once, is probably more times than you deserve to be. With your outlook on things, you don't even deserve to be a parent. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
02-09-2006, 08:25 PM
^^^this guy's probally right.

BTW, I'm not probably right. I am right.

And still at it trying to snap back at me? Later ,QD.