PDA

View Full Version : Improved handling for my Teg

tybalt6691
02-06-2006, 09:04 AM
I have koni reds and neuspeed springs and want to stiffen up my stearing and tighten up my turns. What would you guys reccomend? I hear h-brace and rear sway bars. What is the best route to go down to improve the handling of my ride?

Give me places to buy the equipment too.

civic95
02-06-2006, 02:43 PM
Energy Suspension Polyurethane Bushings. ITR rear swaybar, Roll cage

tybalt6691
02-06-2006, 02:58 PM
I need specifics what brand where to buy and approx cost. Cant go with roll cage.

civic95
02-06-2006, 03:08 PM
I need specifics what brand where to buy and approx cost. Cant go with roll cage.

Energy Suspension is the brand. summit has them for cheap around $120

ITR stands for Integra Type R. Try ebay

tybalt6691
02-06-2006, 03:24 PM
The bushings will tighten up the stearing?
And the ITR rear sway bar does it matter if its an off brand?

tybalt6691
02-06-2006, 03:48 PM
Is it a bitch to install the bushings kit?

yudalicious
02-06-2006, 10:00 PM
buy a set of sticky tires. simple as that. why do you want to stiffen up your steering and tighten up your turns? those mods don't make your car grip the road better. you don't want a roll cage, unless you want to bash your head in if you get into a small traffic accident.

to sum it up, get a set of better tires, i'll start off by listing some good ones:
kumho mx, falken azenis rt615, hankook rsz212s.
edit: bushings are a good idea, but they're pain in the ass to install.

PacoX
02-06-2006, 10:07 PM
roll cage, lol. Its obvious this guy just has a street car, he doens't need a roll cage. It will only make it more dangerous for him to drive his car. IA suspension advice is meh...I think the suspension forum was removed for a reason.

yudalicious
02-06-2006, 10:12 PM
roll cage, lol. Its obvious this guy just has a street car, he doens't need a roll cage. It will only make it more dangerous for him to drive his car. IA suspension advice is meh...I think the suspension forum was removed for a reason.
maybe because it was jealous that the NWS forum got all the ricers' attention

EJ25RUN
02-06-2006, 10:14 PM
type r sway bars are very different from gsr sway bars mount wise but make a noticible improvement.

civic95
02-07-2006, 07:00 AM

Its one of the best ways to stiffen the chassis. Never said I would do it.

tybalt6691
02-07-2006, 07:34 AM
I have an SE(LS). ITR sway bar and bushings will be my best bet?

99SI
02-07-2006, 10:26 AM
I have heard some very good things about frame locks. Korbach performance sells a kit. I think the site is Korbachperformance.com but I'm not sure. I have been wanting to put them on my car. The people that have put them on say it makes a huge difference in the handling. It makes steering extra sharp and eliminates the chassis flex up front. They are fairly reasonable for what they do and don't seem to be that tough to install.

KevinT707
02-07-2006, 11:37 AM
I've been noticing that I get body roll like crazy on the hwy on curves (scary, tailend wags). What are some simple & cheap things I could do. Opinions, how much of a difference does a lower upper & lower strut/tie bar make ?

yudalicious
02-07-2006, 11:52 AM
I have an SE(LS). ITR sway bar and bushings will be my best bet?
do you not read? tires are the only thing between your car and the road... chacnes are if you're asking this question you have less than decent tires, so No, tires are your best bet if you want to actually handle well, then some new bushings to compliment your new grippy tires.

yudalicious
02-07-2006, 11:54 AM
I've been noticing that I get body roll like crazy on the hwy on curves (scary, tailend wags). What are some simple & cheap things I could do. Opinions, how much of a difference does a lower upper & lower strut/tie bar make ?
waste of $. the hierchy of suspendion modding for a street car, IMO, should go like this ->
good tires->new bushings, fix broken parts, alignment->good shocks->springs->sway bars should be last and should not be added jus because, they are used to tune the balance of the car->then whatever bars, cahssis stiffening you fancy.

tybalt6691
02-07-2006, 12:14 PM
Ive got good Kuhmo tires brand new last week and would like to stiffen up the turning and cornering response.

yudalicious
02-07-2006, 04:16 PM
what kind of "good" kumho tires? the only street kumho tires I would consider good is the kumho mx, 711, 712s or whatever it is aren't really serious performance tires. But... if you have them and they are new and you don't want to sell them, and seeing how you already have new shocks, I would replace old/worn out bushings and get an alignment, you could probably check for some good alignment specs on your car on honda-tech or something. After that if you still feel the car rolls too much or understeer/oversteers then sway bars will probably do the trick. Again, you could probably find alot more good info on honda-tech.

KevinT707
02-08-2006, 08:41 AM
I have Kumho 711s & they are the worst, especially in the rain. My alignment is perfect also.

Fr33way
02-15-2006, 02:06 AM
Assuming your susp. is in good repair, upping the spring rates (or going to full coilovers) will cure any roll issues.