PDA

View Full Version : Misc wtf was that?

BlueHatch
02-05-2006, 09:07 PM
that was the worst officiating i have ever fuckin seen. the refs gave that game to the steelers. im not crying because i wanted seattle to win before everyone trys to jump down my throat. i am a falcons fan. what do you guys think

v3rd1g0
02-05-2006, 09:49 PM
i think it was fine... they gave seattle that one where it looked like a fumble. looked fare to me...but then again i'm biased for the steelers XD

lilslowcivic
02-05-2006, 10:27 PM
Go Steelers, they help me win $$$

DemonEyez
02-05-2006, 10:33 PM
that was the worst officiating i have ever fuckin seen. the refs gave that game to the steelers. im not crying because i wanted seattle to win before everyone trys to jump down my throat. i am a falcons fan. what do you guys think

i dont think it was bad officiating. there were questionable calls that went both way. And this game wasnt determined by the ref's. It was determined by the 2 catches seattle made where the receiver made no attempt to keep his feet in bounds. The dropped catch's. The missed field goals. On the other side. The steelers made great plays and took advantage of their chances. Seahawks didnt.

GsrTurbo320
02-05-2006, 10:34 PM
good game though..nontheless.

smiley723
02-05-2006, 10:58 PM
It was an AWESOME game!! What made it even better was the fight outside of the bar I was at after the game. Dude got the crap knocked out of him!! :goodjob:

AFSil80
02-06-2006, 01:58 AM
I had my Terrible Towel in my hand the entire game!

mi4dub
02-06-2006, 01:56 PM
Bad coaching/play calling on seattle. i mean both teams sucked. great win for pitt.
fucked up how montana, joe didnt come out for the mvp thing. great commercials... i liked the h3 commercial.

GO DOLPHINS!

..that is all

{X}Echo419
02-06-2006, 03:51 PM
truely "great" teams don't let bad "officating" stop them. Hell Pits had that PI not called on the TD bomb in the late 1st or early 2nd. :2cents:

DemonEyez
02-06-2006, 04:21 PM
yep. in the end the one or 2 calls isnt as significant as the well something like 10 missed opportunities that seattle had. Pittsburgh also had some good opportunities, but they capitalized on some of those.

Pittsburgh made the big plays when they needed it. Seattle made the small plays, but couldnt get the big ones when needed.

BaHumBugg
02-06-2006, 09:35 PM
Im not picking sides but all I have to say is that it would have been alot better game if the bad calls didnt happen.

1. yes that was a TD not a PI
2. no big Ben did not get that TD
lol

BlueHatch
02-06-2006, 11:18 PM
i agree with b18, but demoneyes does make a valid point they are pretty insignificant. but i dont agree with the pushoff call in the endzone and i saw with my own eyes that rothlesbirger did not break the plane with the ball on that dive. his helmet broke the plane but the ball did not

{X}Echo419
02-07-2006, 08:31 AM
...rothlesbirger...

I just tried to say that... I think I broke my jaw :lmfao:

DemonEyez
02-07-2006, 11:42 AM
i agree with b18, but demoneyes does make a valid point they are pretty insignificant. but i dont agree with the pushoff call in the endzone and i saw with my own eyes that rothlesbirger did not break the plane with the ball on that dive. his helmet broke the plane but the ball did not

i watched the replay many many many times hell iw as watching nfl network and sportcenter for 4 hours after the game. There is one frame when they go slow where the nose of the ball breaks over the white line. It did in fact cross over. for like .00001 seconds in slow motion you can see it.

As for the jackson TD. it can go either way. its a simple call. I look at it this way. There was absolutely no reason jackson even had to extend his arm and nudge the defender at all. If he hadnt done that he could have caught the ball anyway.

Lets not forget the bad calls the steelers received in their games earlier yet they came out on top. Gotta play through and overcome.

smiley723
02-07-2006, 01:17 PM
I had my Terrible Towel in my hand the entire game!
So did I!!

Nomad!
02-07-2006, 03:33 PM
i watched the replay many many many times hell iw as watching nfl network and sportcenter for 4 hours after the game. There is one frame when they go slow where the nose of the ball breaks over the white line. It did in fact cross over. for like .00001 seconds in slow motion you can see it.

As for the jackson TD. it can go either way. its a simple call. I look at it this way. There was absolutely no reason jackson even had to extend his arm and nudge the defender at all. If he hadnt done that he could have caught the ball anyway.

Lets not forget the bad calls the steelers received in their games earlier yet they came out on top. Gotta play through and overcome.
No Doubt!

I must have watched sports center for about 10hrs. I fell asleep on the Big Ben TD run and woke up to it again the next morning. Like you said, the ball broke the plane. Most seem to forget that the ball doesn't have to cross the endzone line. All it has to do it touch it. Replay, after replay, after even slower replay, you can see that the ball does BREAK THE PLANE. I have to give props to the Seattle defender who met Ben at the line because he damn near snuffed that play out, but, he didn't stop the ball from breaking the plane.

As for the interference call...who didn't see the push off by the receiver? It was as blatant as you can get. The fact that the push changed the defenders momentum was extremely evident. As stated, he could have just as easily caught the ball without the push, but he did push off of the defender and he was flagged for it. To be honest, I thought it was a bad call until I saw the replay. You can clearly see the defender was pushed back on his heels during the play. Geez people, give me a break! With as poorly as Big Ben played, Seattle had several opportunities to make up for any "bad call". The bottom line is, they didn't finish well and Pittsburgh did. Drooped passes, holding penalties that took them out of field goal range, passes caught out of bounds, and most importantly, POOR CLOCK MANAGEMENT. Seattle did more than enough wrong in the 2nd half to warrant a loss, but to say it was because of the officiating is absolutely ridiculous. Neither team was going to get an easy win but, as previously stated, "Gotta play through and overcome", and that is what Pittsburgh did all post-season long.