PDA

View Full Version : Import Showdown Track Days at Little Taledega

Mach-one
02-05-2006, 12:08 PM
The Import Showdown is pleased to announce our newest event. Import Showdown is doing a road race venue!!!! The new Import Showdown Track Day brings all of the character of our Import Showdown drag events to Talladega Gran Prix in Talladega, AL! If you have been looking for a chance to experience a true gp style track or just want a great value to do it, this event won't be beat - our event offers lots of track time at half the price of most road course events, including many at this very track. Act fast as slots will go very quickly!

Talladega Gran Prix is a 1.33 mile road course just 2 hours west of Atlanta (and similar distance from Macon). The course is technically challenging and will offer a complete day of fun racing or watching!

When: Saturday April 15th, 2006
Where: Talladega Gran Prix in Talladega, AL (directions available on website)
What: Road Course Racing at a 1.33 mile course
Who: Any Import or Domestic vehicle is welcome. Sorry, no motorcycles or karts.
Cost: Spectators are $5 (kids under 16 are free), racing is $125 for at least 80 minutes of on track time.

No special license is required, you just need to be 18 or older

For more information on attending, as a spectator or as a racer, please visit the Import Showdown Track Day website at www.istrackday.com (http://www.istrackday.com/)

Registration is OPEN

As with all Import Showdown events, this event is NOT for profit and put on by volunteer members of GA DSM.

paulblackgsx
02-05-2006, 12:53 PM
Definitely going to be a great event, look forward to seeing everyone out there!

EvasiveEF9
02-05-2006, 02:29 PM
GADSM rocks...I've met several of them and THEY know how to rock out.

I'll try to make it...no promises yet as April has some time between now and then. Don't know what shape my car will be in by that point.

Mach-one
02-05-2006, 03:02 PM
Thanks and hope to see you get your car together by then to join us. It will be a blast!!!

Buford®
02-05-2006, 07:06 PM
What will the classes be?

Stormhammer
02-05-2006, 08:38 PM

There are NO limits are modifications. Vehicles can have any tire choice, any modification as long as they meet tech and safety standards

looks like a Viper is in with a Civic... :D

HiPSI
02-05-2006, 09:41 PM

trackdays do not = racing.... there shouldn't be any classing. TGP has a 3 car rule so you can only have 3 on the track at once and with the trackdays passing is limited since the cars aren't prepped to as safe a level as actual race vehicles.

efman
02-05-2006, 09:44 PM
why does there have to be an age limit i know the age limit on motocycle track days are like usualy 14 ! you gotta be 18 that sucks but i guess under standable

Mach-one
02-05-2006, 10:20 PM
trackdays do not = racing.... there shouldn't be any classing. TGP has a 3 car rule so you can only have 3 on the track at once and with the trackdays passing is limited since the cars aren't prepped to as safe a level as actual race vehicles.

That is one type of lease is available. Here is the breakdown of the different types directly from their site.....

Types of Auto Leases Available

Race Car Test & Tune $1150.00 weekday, $1650.00 Friday, $2150.00 Sat or Sun
2 car max
Max 1 car on track at one time
Max one tractor trailer on pit road
1 Ambulance required

Auto Club Event / Driving School $1500.00 weekday, $1850.00 Friday, $2200.00 Sat or Sun
Max10 cars on track at one time
Timed events allowed
No aggressive passing
1 Ambulance required
Minimum 4 corner workers recommended
Insurance certificate required

Street Car / Ride & Drive $1500.00weekday, $2150.00 Fri, Sat or Sun
Up to 10 participants. +$100.00 surcharge for each additional car
Max 3 cars on track at one time
No aggressive passing
No timed laps

No. 2 is the type we are using not 3.

mnjh94
02-06-2006, 12:30 AM
sounds good....where can i register??

efman
02-06-2006, 07:19 PM
i've been to that track to watch my brother race wera, i thought it was made for carts and bikes not cars its kinda small i just wanted to bring that up

Mach-one
02-06-2006, 08:49 PM
sounds good....where can i register??

Register at www.istrackday.com (http://www.istrackday.com)

EvasiveEF9
02-06-2006, 10:09 PM
Small track is more than no track...

Age limit is understandable. Although it's not a race, at age 16-17 it's easier for a parent to sue the track I'm certain, whereas at 18 there's not letter of consent or parental contact neccesary. You're responsible for your own actions. Race or not...driving fast through turns and such is still risky...

Uh...Viper? You know...my...uh...head just exploded...yeah it's down forever...if the Viper cancels I think it'll suddenly work again, though!

haha, bump

IronEagle
02-07-2006, 12:41 AM
Should be a great turnout. The IS @ Silver Dollar is always jam packed every year as well.

HiPSI
02-07-2006, 10:08 AM
That is one type of lease is available. Here is the breakdown of the different types directly from their site.....

Types of Auto Leases Available

Race Car Test & Tune $1150.00 weekday, $1650.00 Friday, $2150.00 Sat or Sun
2 car max
Max 1 car on track at one time
Max one tractor trailer on pit road
1 Ambulance required

Auto Club Event / Driving School $1500.00 weekday, $1850.00 Friday, $2200.00 Sat or Sun
Max10 cars on track at one time
Timed events allowed
No aggressive passing
1 Ambulance required
Insurance certificate required

Street Car / Ride & Drive $1500.00weekday, $2150.00 Fri, Sat or Sun
Up to 10 participants. +$100.00 surcharge for each additional car
Max 3 cars on track at one time
No aggressive passing
No timed laps

No. 2 is the type we are using not 3.

ahh cool... i've never seen anyone use anything other than the #3 value menu option ;). i guess because it'll cut down on event insurance?

Mach-one
02-07-2006, 11:21 PM

There are no classes but are grouping together by past track,driving/racing school history.

Group A(Experienced) will consist of participants who have had more than 5 road race eventsand/or have attended one or more driving or racing schools. This group will also consist of prepped or race prepared cars as well as highly modified street cars.

Group B(Intermediate) will be composed of one or more road race events or have attended only onedriving school and want more assistance in learning the racing line,corner techniques and braking.This group will be modded street cars or lesser experienced track car and driver set ups.

Group C(Novice) will be little or no sanctioned or safety lessons with very little road race experience.From this group you have people who want to learn there cars potential and driving ability. Also getto understand the feedback your car is giving at any given situation under more racing type condi-tions. This group is stock to modified cars or non-experienced race drivers with prepped cars.

There are no restrictions for vehicles such as slicks,race brake,suspension,drivetrain or powertrain.If you don’t feel comfortable in a Group given or an official feels you are too slow or too fast for that group you can be placed in a lower or higher level as long as we can offset with another driver. With the size of the groups I don't really see this being an issue but just in-case we can adjust to a degree.

EvasiveEF9
02-08-2006, 08:57 AM
Civic = C group ;)

Might have engine swapped for this :D

Mach-one
02-12-2006, 03:39 PM
One concern that many have stated is that it seems to be a "no holds barred" style event, which it is far from. Although the restrictions on the vehicles are little, there is one factor that is and that is the driver. There are classes but not by vehicle but by driver experience.

And even with these groups, the track officials can and will move people around who dont quite fit in with the group that they were assigned to. That isn't punitive but just mainly for safety concerns and level driving field for a more enjoyable experience.

Tracy
02-12-2006, 03:43 PM
i've been to that track to watch my brother race wera, i thought it was made for carts and bikes not cars its kinda small i just wanted to bring that up

It's is definately not small. I have been there on at least 7 occasions to run my Evo. It's perfect. It was originally a bike course, but it is definately big enough for cars.

Big Baller
02-14-2006, 09:26 AM
I just registered, its on bitches

Mach-one
02-21-2006, 10:15 PM
bump

paulblackgsx
03-16-2006, 11:00 AM
One concern that many have stated is that it seems to be a "no holds barred" style event, which it is far from. Although the restrictions on the vehicles are little, there is one factor that is and that is the driver. There are classes but not by vehicle but by driver experience.

And even with these groups, the track officials can and will move people around who dont quite fit in with the group that they were assigned to. That isn't punitive but just mainly for safety concerns and level driving field for a more enjoyable experience.

We'll also have Siegel Racing (driving school) on hand to help people who either want to improve or to help learn the course if they are inexperienced. This definitely will be a highly controled event and experienced drivers will not be mixed with inexperienced drivers.

Look forward to seeing everyone there. Spectators are definitely welcome!

fight club
03-16-2006, 12:43 PM
i might make it out just to get a feel for road racing... if im not gonna be the only novice there :(

paulblackgsx
03-16-2006, 02:02 PM
i might make it out just to get a feel for road racing... if im not gonna be the only novice there :(

We definitely have a pretty good mix of first timers and experienced drivers already signed up. You definitely won't be the only one, but it also won't be entirely new drivers.

mnjh94
03-16-2006, 02:18 PM
We definitely have a pretty good mix of first timers and experienced drivers already signed up. You definitely won't be the only one, but it also won't be entirely new drivers.

I would be a novice there, so I need lots of help there..
Paul, I defenetely need professional help on track... Does it cost extra for Siegel Racing school??

Mach-one
03-23-2006, 10:21 PM
No but time is limited to instruction which will be provided by Scott Siegel who does these types of events quite often and is a wiz with the Subies!!!!