PDA

View Full Version : Sound Deadeding

ReCkLe5s
02-05-2006, 02:05 AM
what ever i prolly spelled it wrong and catch hell for it... i have a cavalier and its get kinda loud when your going fast. so here is my question i want to kill the sound so its a nicer ride for me since im in my car a whole lot.. is there a product that you could spray under your car sorta like a liner but it has to be heat resistant.. because of exaust. im looking for something afford able.. but what ever... and if you have any ideas what i could use for the doors. let me know

SNapper
02-05-2006, 02:14 AM
well there is normally shit under the carpet for that. i guess u could add to it. and u could put some in the door and where ever.

Nismo
02-05-2006, 01:54 PM
Do you have an afermarket muffler on it?

ReCkLe5s
02-05-2006, 03:43 PM
no its stock right now.. but i am going that route eventually..

sina518
02-05-2006, 05:37 PM
Line X

coolZero
02-05-2006, 09:32 PM
what ever i prolly spelled it wrong and catch hell for it... i have a cavalier and its get kinda loud when your going fast. so here is my question i want to kill the sound so its a nicer ride for me since im in my car a whole lot.. is there a product that you could spray under your car sorta like a liner but it has to be heat resistant.. because of exaust. im looking for something afford able.. but what ever... and if you have any ideas what i could use for the doors. let me know

Was the exhaust loud always or did just get that way and is the sound coming from the back or towards the front? The reason I ask is because it could more of an exhaust leak and deading the sound is not a solution for that. The other is the age and condition of the cat. When they get old and clogged you will get a lot of noise up front because the engine is sucking hard for more air to flow but you would also probably feel a power lag. If you think the exhaust is fine then maybe you just need a resonator added. Also do you have an aftermarket header? The reason? A poor weld can open up once the header gets really hot and that will make some noise too and then close back up after the header cools down. ( I had one that didi that and it drove me crazy trying to figure out)

As for sound deading, sure you can do the whole inside including the floor boards. I run a camero exhaust on my car and man at 3200 rpms it get lound inside even with a resonator. So I put 2 layers of dyno mat down from just under the rear seats all the way to the hatch.