PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Run 2/12/06 ?

ProjectWidow
02-05-2006, 12:05 AM
If the weather permits would anyone be interested in going on a mountain run next Sunday the 12th? There shouldn't be any rain and looks like it should be in the mid to upper 40's. I guess when it gets closer to next Sunday then we can get a definite answer if we are going or not. Anyone up for it?
Still unsure about if we are going the 12th or the 19th. Depending on the weather we will see which day is better or if some people still want to go on both.

Meeting spot is at the Homedepot by the Outlet Malls right after 400 ends at 10am.
Address of the Homedepot
801 Hwy 400 South
Dawsonville, GA 30534
(706)531-0046

I'll edit this post when people answer to see how many people are interested.
Me
Lancer_Jordan?
97GSRb18
BOOSTED S60R?
camrycivic
Deaf Pimp?
Danny
JokerTypeR
LG8
98Impreza234
DinanM3atl
Stormhammer (will go if gets breaks done)
§treet_§peed (if his girl wants to go)
green91 ?
429bigblock ?
D16Civic ?
mnjh94 ?
XBLG20 (if car is out of shop)
justine_mg (if gets new rims in)
{X}Echo419 (if weather is good)
Sibsr20 ?
carbongs (19th?)
HiPSI (if isn't snowboarding)
jamesb18c1 ?
..... (nice name)
Cav-E-R (if its warm)

Sentra
02-05-2006, 01:00 AM
Never been on one before but im interested.

Turbodude06
02-05-2006, 09:09 AM
yeah i'm in. just give me the time and place

Boosted S60R
02-05-2006, 10:01 AM
I might be down I havent been up there with my springs and upgraded brakes.

camrycivic
02-05-2006, 11:39 AM
i wanna come i just need directions or to meet some one here in roswell and can follow them im really interestede in this i missed the last one and would love to go plz pm me so i can go.

Deaf Pimp
02-05-2006, 11:51 AM
I'll go, but 40's here means its colder in the mtns... which is not good for tires. We'll see.

camrycivic
02-05-2006, 12:19 PM
oh and dude its 06 not 05 any more

Danny
02-05-2006, 12:33 PM
^^ LOL...

yes, i am game. granted saturdays are better for me. but we will see.

Danny
02-05-2006, 01:17 PM
PW, i thought ur car was stollen? what are u driving now?

ProjectWidow
02-05-2006, 01:24 PM
PW, i thought ur car was stollen? what are u driving now?
I got it back, so I want to see how she can do now because last time I drove a TL.

Im just hoping the temperature will get warmer.

Danny
02-05-2006, 01:33 PM
yea 40s are little low. but i got soft tires.. and i dont even come close to pushing my car.. so its all gravy.

ProjectWidow
02-05-2006, 01:40 PM
yea 40s are little low. but i got soft tires.. and i dont even come close to pushing my car.. so its all gravy.
I guess we'll make a decision later on this week to see if people still want to go even with it being kinda cold.

EvasiveEF9
02-05-2006, 02:08 PM
Experienced and ready if my car will stop dickin' me around.

As for meeting grounds, when I go with the Vortex, we meet in the parking lot behind on the Chevron off Exit 14 on Highway 400...it's a good place to meet, easy access, and not too far from the mtns.

As for those who are concerned with tires...unless you have soft tires, your tires won't really be too different in this temperature as opposed to say 60degree weather...or from my experience it hasn't differed much, but I run Fuzions. What we'd REALLY need to watch for is salt and sand and gravel in the mtns.

To anyone with a good paintjob...you need to HIGHLY consider getting masking tape for the front end of your car...
like so:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/rebeljokertyper/MTN%20Nov%2020%202005/Picture056.jpg (http://photobucket.com)
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/rebeljokertyper/MTN%20Nov%2020%202005/IMG_7339a.jpg (http://photobucket.com)

The cool kids do it...

LG8
02-05-2006, 02:17 PM
I am i haven't had the oppertunity to go to the mountains since i got my car in the winter.Please PM me i will go if it is one car or one hundred......

PS:JoKER is that the same masking tape you can get in the paint department at HomeDepot or is it autobody...........

EvasiveEF9
02-05-2006, 02:23 PM
The paint shown above is just home-depot blue masking tape. The only job of the tape is to block some of the little chips and gravel. Obviously if the chunks are too big, the tape can't do much to save it, but it sure does help.
If you double up, it'd probably help more, but when we went with single-layer of it...it seemed to work just fine...

I've got primer, so I just go naked with no worries. But I'd advise taping up as much of your headlights as possible (or all...weather permitting) and as much paint as possible. There's no protection for your windshield except to keep a little distance between you and the car in front of you.

If you're inexperienced, just hang to the back til you get a feel for it. Otherwise, let me show you how a Fiero ended up that thought he was hot-shit...
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/rebeljokertyper/Fiery%20Fiero%20from%20Mtn%20Run%20Nov%2020%202005/fire4.jpg (http://photobucket.com)

So just be careful up there, whether I go or not, and don't exceed your limits. This is real life. There's no restart button.

camrycivic
02-05-2006, 06:32 PM
yeah ull be showing me im a good driver but never been to this place so ill need to get a feel for it

98Impreza234
02-05-2006, 07:03 PM
Yeah this sounds fun im in.

DinanM3atl
02-05-2006, 07:17 PM
Im in as long as this doesnt turn into "ive got bigger balls than (next driver), even though I have ZERO track experience..."

Stormhammer
02-05-2006, 08:14 PM
if I can get a stainless steel brake line for a 3000gt/stealth for my rear brake lines so I can get my rear brakes working ( and not understeer so badly omg )

then I'm in :D

(see sig pic ;) )

§treet_§peed
02-05-2006, 08:25 PM
if my girls up for it and i can get directions then i am in.

atl suby
02-05-2006, 09:24 PM
can we make it later in the afternoon?

Danny
02-05-2006, 09:25 PM
Im in as long as this doesnt turn into "ive got bigger balls than (next driver), even though I have ZERO track experience..."

thats what i am saying.

shall we check Bf.c and see if anyone is down will a little spirited driving???

DinanM3atl
02-05-2006, 09:27 PM
thats what i am saying.

shall we check Bf.c and see if anyone is down will a little spirited driving???

Well if it turns into that with morons thinking they are Kimi then I will turn around and leave...

IMHO if you have never been on a REAL race track(not drag strip or autocross) then you should not really be driving all that fast on the street...

ProjectWidow
02-05-2006, 09:35 PM
Well if it turns into that with morons thinking they are Kimi then I will turn around and leave...

IMHO if you have never been on a REAL race track(not drag strip or autocross) then you should not really be driving all that fast on the street...
The last time we went, everyone drove as fast or slow as they were comfortable. No one did anything stupid and thats what made it even better

Nemesis
02-05-2006, 09:37 PM
Just watch out for bikes lol. Id be up for this fellas, but I cant risk screwing my car up after registering for Taledega. lol

HiPSI
02-05-2006, 09:38 PM

every run i've ever been on with the IA crowd has gone that way... and i do the same thing when people begin with the stupidity.

to everyone else:
there WILL be salt/gravel all over the roads since we have a pretty good bit of winter weather moving in tonight and it won't just go away over the week. it will gather along the sides and middle of the roads, so if you run off-line a bit and you're acting a fool then you will have a bad day (and everyone else will because they will feel obligated to stay/help you but deep down inside they will be cursing your existence).

ProjectWidow
02-05-2006, 09:42 PM
every run i've ever been on with the IA crowd has gone that way... and i do the same thing when people begin with the stupidity.

to everyone else:
there WILL be salt/gravel all over the roads since we have a pretty good bit of winter weather moving in tonight and it won't just go away over the week. it will gather along the sides and middle of the roads, so if you run off-line a bit and you're acting a fool then you will have a bad day (and everyone else will because they will feel obligated to stay/help you but deep down inside they will be cursing your existence).
Damn I didn't even think about the salt on the road. We may have to change this to the 19th.

green91
02-05-2006, 09:44 PM
im liable to tag along.

Deaf Pimp
02-05-2006, 09:54 PM
Damn I didn't even think about the salt on the road. We may have to change this to the 19th.

Hey Gene, I went last year the weekend they laid down the salt. Roads were clear but the salt was all over the place. I ended up having to repaint my entire front end after that mtn run. I'll probably end up passing on this....

429bigblock
02-05-2006, 10:22 PM
hey im probally in and if any of you guys want practice there is a little road around that is just like a mountain road ive seen a m3 and a 240 wreck and thats just who went with me so if you want some practice pm me and ill tell you a good road

429bigblock
02-05-2006, 10:23 PM
i do it a couple times a week and i havent wrecked.. yet, its deff a rush tho

D16Civic
02-05-2006, 10:25 PM
i might be down for this, im just not sure what i have goin on so ill have to wait and see

Danny
02-05-2006, 11:26 PM
didnt even think about salt/sand/ect.... hmmm rethinking. thanks erin, good call.

mnjh94
02-06-2006, 12:45 AM
sound like fun.. lmk. i want to come too

DinanM3atl
02-06-2006, 12:55 AM
im out if salt... i fixed my car after it went through a chicago winter... salt SUCKS...

Just a reccomendation... the person in charge of setting up these Mountain Runs needs to lay down the rules... When we had these cruises in chciago with my chicago BMW club... if you dicked around the president of Eurotek would just call in your plates to the police and tell them where we were going to be stopping... so don't dick around... its really not that cool... who cares how loud your exhaust and intake is... its supposed to be a cruise... not a race...

XBLG20
02-06-2006, 02:09 AM
I might go on this one as long as my car is out of the shop

GirlieZ
02-06-2006, 02:37 AM
im in as long as my new rims get here...running slicks on the z haha

green91
02-06-2006, 07:50 AM
we didnt get any bad weather up here last night, im sure by the weekend there will be very minimal salt/gravel.

{X}Echo419
02-06-2006, 08:52 AM
if it's dry I'm in. what time is everyone thinking about going?
To those of you who haven't been.. We had a blast last time! But it was warmer and there was salt and minimal gravel. :goodjob:

EvasiveEF9
02-06-2006, 10:14 PM
Who all is definitly in?

1. JokerTypeR (if it's dry)

EvasiveEF9
02-06-2006, 10:23 PM
Who all is definitly in?

My advice on page one should be read. If you care about your paint, use tape. If this is your first run, you NEED TO BE IN THE BACK. NO ONE will mock you for being SMART. We had a 28-car run in the fall and everyone was great, even noobs except one Fiero who went over the edge, flipped, rolled, and burned. Two people were kind enough to stay behind and help him despite his stupidity when the cops came, after we knew he was ok. Everyone else dipped and caught up together later. If you get stupid...it's your car. Have fun on your own. If you can be responsible, I'd love to ride with you.

I'll lead and/or take charge of this if no one else wants to. I've got set rules that I've run with in the past, and no one's had a problem with them. Basically, it's:

Carry a radio (if possible)
NO PASSING except on two-lane area...which is only for a short while at the begining here and there
Don't exceed your limits
Keep neccesary space
Noobs in the back
Fall out if ANYTHING doesn't feel right
Do a self-check/inspect the night before (pads, lights, tires, seat belt, fluid check)
NO STUPID DRIVING
No drifting
When you are running, you are running...not adjusting the radio with a hand on the wheel and a foot on the dead pedal
Stay alert
Traditional stop at Zaxby's after the run

I think that's all we went by, and things went smoothly.

Notes on why we go so early: Less traffic on the highway, less bikes in the mountains, less pedestrians in the mountains

Because of the gravel and cold, we probably won't have an issue with motorcycles or bicyclists or pedestrians, BUT ALWAYS BE ALERT.

Directions are easy as hell if we have a meet point, especially the one I advised behind the Chevron at Exit 14 on 400.
Directions to get there:
400N to exit 14
Exit is a clover leaf, so you'll stick to the right and go across the bridge
Chevron is on your left at the second light
Behind it is a parking lot

There's a McD's for breakfast there, and an IHOP down the street.

So I ask, who wants to lead, and who's in?

Sibious
02-06-2006, 10:27 PM
umm i might be game. depends if dry and if i got a few parts in that im hoping to get asap.

collins
02-06-2006, 10:41 PM
Who all is definitly in?

My advice on page one should be read. If you care about your paint, use tape. If this is your first run, you NEED TO BE IN THE BACK. NO ONE will mock you for being SMART. We had a 28-car run in the fall and everyone was great, even noobs except one Fiero who went over the edge, flipped, rolled, and burned. Two people were kind enough to stay behind and help him despite his stupidity when the cops came, after we knew he was ok. Everyone else dipped and caught up together later. If you get stupid...it's your car. Have fun on your own. If you can be responsible, I'd love to ride with you.

I'll lead and/or take charge of this if no one else wants to. I've got set rules that I've run with in the past, and no one's had a problem with them. Basically, it's:

Carry a radio (if possible)
NO PASSING except on two-lane area...which is only for a short while at the begining here and there
Don't exceed your limits
Keep neccesary space
Noobs in the back
Do a self-check/inspect the night before (pads, lights, tires, seat belt, fluid check)
NO STUPID DRIVING
No drifting
When you are running, you are running...not adjusting the radio with a hand on the wheel and a foot on the dead pedal
Stay alert
Traditional stop at Zaxby's after the run

I think that's all we went by, and things went smoothly.

Notes on why we go so early: Less traffic on the highway, less bikes in the mountains, less pedestrians in the mountains

Because of the gravel and cold, we probably won't have an issue with motorcycles or bicyclists or pedestrians, BUT ALWAYS BE ALERT.

i've been on my fair share of the mountain roads and a good rule of thumb is common sense. for example

seriously people, its not about who's got the bigger balls. just go up there and have a good time. its only a success if EVERYONE comes back in one peice.

ProjectWidow
02-06-2006, 10:46 PM
i've been on my fair share of the mountain roads and a good rule of thumb is common sense. for example

seriously people, its not about who's got the bigger balls. just go up there and have a good time. its only a success if EVERYONE comes back in one peice.
Yeh, last time everyone drove as fast or as slow as they were comfortable and everyone had a blast! Im thinking though to be on the safer side to make this on the 19th.

I updated the first page to show how many people are interested.

green91
02-07-2006, 08:43 AM
I'll still be going this sunday if anyone is down.

carbongs
02-07-2006, 09:22 AM
i may be down for the 19th. is this open to everyone, i know a few SELOCers that are interested in doing this run

HiPSI
02-07-2006, 10:04 AM
I'll still be going this sunday if anyone is down.

i might be up that way if i don't end up snowboarding.

{X}Echo419
02-07-2006, 02:16 PM
waht time?
I'm in if it's dry! :king:

mnjh94
02-07-2006, 06:31 PM
I'm want to go if you guys are going on 19th.
I'm a noob.. so bare with me. :D

jamesb18c1
02-07-2006, 08:33 PM
hey guys, let me know if this is gonna go down, ill get the locals togather and we can meet up i live in the area that im sure every one will come to! the helen, cleveland area! just keep me posted

02-07-2006, 09:28 PM
i was up there at our mtn cabin yesterday and the salt/ gravel/snow was all along 129 and 180 so be careful.. if we have a few good weather days i will most likely go...

EvasiveEF9
02-08-2006, 08:53 AM
Project, keep that list updated ;)
Are you gonna lead this fiasco? If so, it's your call for the 12 or the 19th. I'll be hosting a car show all day on the 18th so I can still pull the 19th. Also, you need to set a time and location for meeting. I only posted suggestions.

Anyone interested to go to the car show I'm hosting, PM for more info, or just look for the Charity Show in the events group.

ProjectWidow
02-08-2006, 09:23 AM
Project, keep that list updated ;)
Are you gonna lead this fiasco? If so, it's your call for the 12 or the 19th. I'll be hosting a car show all day on the 18th so I can still pull the 19th. Also, you need to set a time and location for meeting. I only posted suggestions.

Anyone interested to go to the car show I'm hosting, PM for more info, or just look for the Charity Show in the events group.
I will try and keep the list updated. I don't want to lead this run because I don't exactly know the roads and this is going to be my second time.

The meeting place is going to be at the Home Depot right after 400 ends with the Outlet malls across the street at 10am. We met their before and it was a great spot.

Tiff-O-Bitties
02-08-2006, 09:26 AM
If its warm, I might bring out the bike... if not, I'll be taking the cavy.. Are we doing the food thing again?

ProjectWidow
02-08-2006, 09:31 AM
If its warm, I might bring out the bike... if not, I'll be taking the cavy.. Are we doing the food thing again?
Updated first page with more people.

That would be a good idea if we are doing this for sure. We could change this to the 19th and that way we have enough time to sign up for food and drinks and then we know that the weather will be at least a little better.

I guess we can make a decision on like Saturday to see if people still want to go.

Tiff-O-Bitties
02-08-2006, 09:38 AM
Good idea... Let me know... I'll PM you with my digits b/c I don't get online during the weekends..

ProjectWidow
02-08-2006, 03:02 PM
Good idea... Let me know... I'll PM you with my digits b/c I don't get online during the weekends..
will do Tiff. I guess Saturday will be the cut off day to decide if we are going the 12 or moving it to the 19th. Hope to see ya there!

mi4dub
02-08-2006, 04:04 PM
19th is the 48th daytona 500. ...just to remind all you race fans

bigb996
02-08-2006, 04:15 PM
i would recommend not driving to insane as last time is subi guys made it up there 2 guys got tickets for wreckless driving. The cops are really bad up there and if they hear squeeling tires and see you not in your lane you will get a ticket.

If you have never done it before its a good idea to take it easy and learn what you should and shouldnt do. being a hotshot is not a something thats cool when it could mean death.

I would definatly go but we are doing are monthly thing in a couple weeks or so. Take some pictures!

98Impreza234
02-08-2006, 06:24 PM
yeah im goin there with camrycivic because my car is in the shop.

Deaf Pimp
02-08-2006, 06:26 PM
Won't be able to make it this weekend. I'll be down next Sunday though if you guys change it.

green91
02-08-2006, 06:27 PM
Well like i said, even if the date is changed, i'll be going up this sunday weather permitting.

EvasiveEF9
02-08-2006, 09:43 PM
Project, date is your call...

Is/Can anyone bring radios? I MIGHT have two if I go pick them up from the kid I ran with last run...

Project, I'll lead unless someone else wants to. This is my sixth-to-eigth run (really didn't count...) and I've been up there more than several times just for riding and cruising.

For food, I still am down with Zaxby's after the run...there's also wendy's, taco bell, and pizza hut offered (trying to remember what else is up there)

Just keep in mind, everyone, let's take it easy...

ProjectWidow
02-08-2006, 10:19 PM
Project, date is your call...

Is/Can anyone bring radios? I MIGHT have two if I go pick them up from the kid I ran with last run...

Project, I'll lead unless someone else wants to. This is my sixth-to-eigth run (really didn't count...) and I've been up there more than several times just for riding and cruising.

For food, I still am down with Zaxby's after the run...there's also wendy's, taco bell, and pizza hut offered (trying to remember what else is up there)

Just keep in mind, everyone, let's take it easy...
Date doesn't have to be my call man. I am still unsure about going the 12th but if people want to go then they should go. I am not in charge of this run. I just wanted to see if people wanted to go. It looks like more people may want to go on the 19th. Depending on the weather and if there is going to be salt on the roads then I may go on the 12 and the 19th. I may try to get the 19th more organized and have people sign up for food and drinks.

EvasiveEF9
02-08-2006, 10:29 PM
I just made you in charge because you started the thread. ;)

I'll probably just run both dates if anyone else wants to...

ProjectWidow
02-08-2006, 10:33 PM
I just made you in charge because you started the thread. ;)

I'll probably just run both dates if anyone else wants to...
Gotcha.

If its not too cold and roads don't have salt on them I may go to get a feel for it in my car since I took a different car last time.

Danny
02-08-2006, 10:42 PM
im going to be playing this by ear. worried about weather/salt.

EvasiveEF9
02-08-2006, 10:43 PM
Definitely hear you on the rain, but if it's dry let's go have fun.

ProjectWidow
02-08-2006, 10:45 PM
Definitely hear you on the rain, but if it's dry let's go have fun.
But if there is salt on the road then count me out. My paintjob is kind of bad but I dont want to make it worse

EvasiveEF9
02-08-2006, 10:54 PM
Just keep your distance and/or tape your stuff. We did a run mid-to-late feb last year and there were plains of minor gravel damage, but nothing severe, but at the same time, we were riding close-range. Just keep distance and we'll go slow.

Option B is if you run to the rear, all the cars ahead of you kick all the gravel out of the way instead of on your car :D

camrycivic
02-09-2006, 08:51 AM
plz keep it the 12th i have a court date the 17th and might not be able to go the 19th and really want to go on this before i cant drive again but idk for sure if ill not be driving again keep it the 12th not much can change buy the 19th plz the 12th

green91
02-09-2006, 09:36 AM
yeah if your about to lose your license, the last thing you need to do is go up on the mountains and be stupid.

but as long as the weather is straight this sunday, i dont think there will be a difference at all in the gravel on the roads between the 12th and the 19th! if it stays cold, its possible it will be worse on the 19th.

camrycivic
02-09-2006, 01:35 PM
yeah i just want to do this cruise cuz i mightnot beable to do it again for awhile

DOHC ACCLUDE
02-09-2006, 02:41 PM
me and all_n/atural might go up there if the weather is good

speedminded
02-09-2006, 03:03 PM
If the weather is good, lol...you bunch of pussies :tongue: I'm gonna start doing more midnight runs...got a friend with a helicopter, who's got balls to hold a video camera? (of course once it starts warming up a little)

ProjectWidow
02-09-2006, 03:19 PM
If the weather is good, lol...you bunch of pussies :tongue: I'm gonna start doing more midnight runs...got a friend with a helicopter, who's got balls to hold a video camera? (of course once it starts warming up a little)
You going this Sunday then Jason?

efman
02-09-2006, 03:22 PM
dude the roads will suck all winter

speedminded
02-09-2006, 03:28 PM
dude the roads will suck all winterfinally, someone that knows better ;)

There's going to be salt/gravel on some of the roads for the next couple months, the northside of several of the mtns. never see sunlight during the day so you know they stay cold. I was up there last month with snow on both sides of Hwy. 180 past brasstown bald and RBR was closed.

Your front ends are going to be trashed...rock chips and salt spray that will make you cry. If i go i'm taping my entire front up and prolly the sideskirts too. Blue or Green painters tape is the best stuff in the world when it comes to this....take a little quick detail spray, wipe, and apply.

speedminded
02-09-2006, 03:37 PM
You going this Sunday then Jason?I dunnno? mebe...have to see what else is going on. Think both formula cars are being rented out this weekend but i need to finish fabricating a few things at the race shop.

If i can make it, i can lead (no rock spray ;) :tongue: ) ...i'm guessing it's the usual meeting spot and time??? Noobs might need to know.

ProjectWidow
02-09-2006, 03:51 PM
I dunnno? mebe...have to see what else is going on. Think both formula cars are being rented out this weekend but i need to finish fabricating a few things at the race shop.

If i can make it, i can lead (no rock spray ;) :tongue: ) ...i'm guessing it's the usual meeting spot and time??? Noobs might need to know.
Yeh I guess you are right about the whole salt thing for the next few months. I will probably go as long as it doesnt rain that much on Saturday. weather.com says a 40% chance of rain for Saturday.

Yup same meeting spot and time. Ill update the first page with the info

efman
02-09-2006, 04:07 PM
finally, someone that knows better ;)

There's going to be salt/gravel on some of the roads for the next couple months, the northside of several of the mtns. never see sunlight during the day so you know they stay cold. I was up there last month with snow on both sides of Hwy. 180 past brasstown bald and RBR was closed.

Your front ends are going to be trashed...rock chips and salt spray that will make you cry. If i go i'm taping my entire front up and prolly the sideskirts too. Blue or Green painters tape is the best stuff in the world when it comes to this....take a little quick detail spray, wipe, and apply.
ya i live in dahlonega on 60 and my brother is a wera racer who rides and we drive some so i know i little about the mountains i was up in suches a week or two ago and it was crapy , also we have had bad weather all this week so like every winter the roads will suck, and of course theres a few corners that never dry out so ya bad time of year for mountain runs.

Danny
02-09-2006, 07:42 PM
thanks for the input EFMAN.. i will be waiting till warmer/dryer/less saltyer weather :D

efman
02-10-2006, 02:43 PM
thanks for the input EFMAN.. i will be waiting till warmer/dryer/less saltyer weather :D
anytime and it will be nice to see some cool cars up here when the weather turns good :goodjob:

DinanM3atl
02-10-2006, 03:23 PM

yah and hopefully when the weather is better the wanna-be racers will stay at home ;)

Danny
02-10-2006, 03:39 PM
DinanM3atl, i kinda want to go ridding somtime this weekend. Up for a backroad crusie around here, and dinner? Gonna throw the M up on stands tonight. take a look at the suspension. got a clicking in the front right.. hmmm :(

06SilverBullet
02-10-2006, 05:15 PM
Hey Bri,

Was that the last mountain run that Keith was in charge of?. I can't believe that people just can't drive sane up there. It is easy to go straight off the mountain if you are not careful.

Mark

green91
02-11-2006, 08:31 AM
it rained here last night, unless theres a good wind today, i doubt most of the roads will be dry sunday

EvasiveEF9
02-11-2006, 11:33 AM
Yeah, I'm in woodstock, which is a distance from the mtns, but it's WET here...I think it might be best to put off...i'll still go if others do though, but I'll be babying it. I may not have paint...but I still have a life I wanna keep.

To he who's losing his license, what the hell'd you do?

camrycivic
02-11-2006, 12:36 PM
took my girl to woodstock at 4 am and got arrested for liein to police and speeding behind the cop

EvasiveEF9
02-11-2006, 12:42 PM
Charged for obstruction and speeding? Woodstock's NOT the place to speed. 92 is crawled with them. I live off 92 across the street from where they sit. Luckily, most of the cops that patrol have gotten used to seeing my car and know i live right there, so they don't follow anymore.

Is it your first charge? What about No-lo?
Or ask for pre-trial conference, listen to the man, and request a conditional plea.

I don't know if they have it, but several counties have programs for first-time offenders and such. How fast were you going and are those the two you were charged with?

Gah, don't get off topic in the thread...PM me...

ProjectWidow
02-11-2006, 03:21 PM
I stay it would be best if we wit till the 19th and see if the weather is better. Supposed to get even colder tonight and chance of Flurries / Wind.
Im out for tomorrow. Maybe the 19th will be better

camrycivic
02-11-2006, 03:54 PM
damn

camrycivic
02-11-2006, 03:56 PM
who still might go

Elbow
02-12-2006, 12:21 AM
I went to the mountains today, saw a Elise with front end damage :(

Anyway it was kind of slippery, but pretty.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/simontibbett/MyS13036.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/simontibbett/MyS13027.jpg

Allmota
02-12-2006, 01:30 AM
im down it depends how far away it is from lawrenceville. let me map check it right quick!

camrycivic
02-12-2006, 10:38 AM
im down for the 19th i get to keep my license and be fine but have a mass fine on my ass

green91
02-12-2006, 12:22 PM
its going to be nasty up here on the 19th. i went up the mountains today, we had atleast 1 inch of snow nearly everywhere up here. 60 was completely iced up and had alot of gravel and salt.. it wont be cleared away by next weekend.

EvasiveEF9
02-12-2006, 01:38 PM
I think it might be in everyone's (especially noobs ot these) to wait til weather warms a bit...

sirhatch1030
02-12-2006, 08:10 PM
i was up there ,sleding in da snow today . it was fun , i was at the entrance for brasstown bald, and i was just wondering were do yall do the mountin run at is it around there ,some one pm me. please

98Impreza234
02-12-2006, 11:51 PM
I will go on the 19th.

speedminded
02-13-2006, 07:41 AM
its going to be nasty up here on the 19th. i went up the mountains today, we had atleast 1 inch of snow nearly everywhere up here. 60 was completely iced up and had alot of gravel and salt.. it wont be cleared away by next weekend.I wasn't even gonna attempt to go up, i don't mind it being slippery but i hate getting rocks chips from all the gravel and salt.

sirhatch1030, you've got a PM

EvasiveEF9
02-13-2006, 06:13 PM
I'd tell oyu where up there we run, but I don't know it by name. Just sight.
So for that I'll tell ya how to get there...

Ya go up yunder a little ways and turn. Go a littly further yunder and turn again. Once you get about sixty seconds down the road you gonna curve left. That's paved-way number one...go until you get to 1/4 tank of gas, and turn right...

Sorry I can't be more helpful :)

EvasiveEF9
02-17-2006, 06:23 PM
So what's it lookin' like for THIS weekend?

green91
02-17-2006, 06:43 PM
the roads arent to bad. whiney bitches need not come up though.

EvasiveEF9
02-17-2006, 07:03 PM
I drive a primered civic. I'm no whiny bitch :D

But at the same time, I don't wanna go alone, y'know?

green91
02-17-2006, 07:53 PM
i'll go up, i aint skeered

ProjectWidow
02-17-2006, 11:03 PM
i'll go up, i aint skeered
Do you know if there is lots of salt and gravel on the roads? Last week someone posted a pic of snow on the roads. If it's not like that then I may go and just cruise throught the mountains.

EvasiveEF9
02-17-2006, 11:10 PM
One of my boys just left here headed that direction. When he comes down for the show here tomorrow, I'll ask him how it was.

green91
02-18-2006, 09:28 AM
there is some gravel on the sides of course but a majority of the roads are fairly clear

HiPSI
02-18-2006, 09:30 AM
there is some gravel on the sides of course but a majority of the roads are fairly clear

until tonight at least ;)

green91
02-18-2006, 09:33 AM
yeah i was just looking at that. we'll have to see how much we actually get, if we even get anything at all. planning a winter mtn run is difficult lol

camrycivic
02-18-2006, 10:05 AM
are we gunnna do a run soon plz lmk

green91
02-18-2006, 12:51 PM
Its raining, wont be worth going up tomorrow.

HiPSI
02-18-2006, 12:53 PM
Its raining, wont be worth going up tomorrow.

i bet i'd have fun :D

green91
02-18-2006, 02:16 PM
I call shotgun if you go up

EvasiveEF9
02-19-2006, 01:47 PM
I didn't go, I got a little depressed with the outcome of yesterday's show.

Looking forward to when it's dry up there...

JDMBoostedMR2
02-22-2006, 01:12 AM
We need to do the tail of the dragon. I went up there back in October with MR2board.com and it was a blast. Definately not for inexperienced drivers though.

EvasiveEF9
02-22-2006, 06:55 PM
So I've heard...and was actually invited. However, I had a not-so-perfect front caliper, bald tires, and rear drums. All of which have been fixed...I want to get a group to spend a weekend up there.

I'll be up in Dahlonega this weekend by popular demand by several of my friends. I've heard mix-and-match of if it'll be dry or rainy...still waiting for a def yes or no on either.

green91
02-23-2006, 05:56 PM
if its nice this weekend, ill be up in the curves.

EvasiveEF9
02-23-2006, 06:29 PM
Give me a call if you head up...

404.452.2215 is my cell, my name is Ben.