PDA

View Full Version : A note to the F22 pilots....

HyPer50
02-03-2006, 10:01 AM
or whatever the fuck keeps flying over my house, STOP IT and return to dobbins immediatly! you are freaking me out, bout to bust my damn windows over here with your sonic booms lmao.. This message is just incase you guys are uber enough to get IA in the cockpits, i know yall have those cup holders and heated seats... Bah he just flew by again, arghhh!

A.P. Photography
02-03-2006, 10:05 AM
LOL it is against policy to break the sound barrier over cities. I heard two jets break the sound barrier over my grandmothers house in the mountains and that shit is crazy.

Brett
02-03-2006, 10:05 AM
well actually you will not hear a sonic boom in this area, they are not allowed to hit sonic speeds until away fron city area's, so you just hear the loud ass engines, but that is it. Just a FYI :)

IronEagle
02-03-2006, 10:07 AM
LIRL that has to suck man. I love aircraft and would still get tired of it.

See if he wants to race for pinks. You could take 'em.

İhris
02-03-2006, 10:29 AM
that wasnt an F22....... i'll be sure to slow the honda down when passing through ok..... sorry for the inconvienece ;)

silver
02-03-2006, 10:30 AM
I work right by Dobbins and usually hear them flying in... But I haven't heard them all morning?? hmmm thats odd, lol

HyPer50
02-03-2006, 11:02 AM
I work right by Dobbins and usually hear them flying in... But I haven't heard them all morning?? hmmm thats odd, lol

I'm on the south end of Dobbins (near Windy Hill Rd.) and they were just having a lil Indy 500 in the sky it sounded like, every 2 minutes they'd come flyin' by. It was awesome working at the Jiffy Lube right across from the runway... but damn it sucks when your trying to relax and your hearin' jets flyin' by at god knows what speed lmao...

A.P. Photography
02-03-2006, 11:03 AM
I'm on the south end of Dobbins (near Windy Hill Rd.) and they were just having a lil Indy 500 in the sky it sounded like, every 2 minutes they'd come flyin' by. It was awesome working at the Jiffy Lube right across from the runway... but damn it sucks when your trying to relax and your hearin' jets flyin' by at god knows what speed lmao...
LOL, if it was in that close of increments then they were doing touch and goes. Short landing, short take off basically practicing for aircraft landings.

silver
02-03-2006, 11:05 AM

Im at Delk and Powers Ferry... I usually hear them though... Usually scares me tho when thye fly in right over my building cuase I always think we are getting attacked they fly so close... lol

speedminded
02-03-2006, 11:06 AM
LOL, if it was in that close of increments then they were doing touch and goes. Short landing, short take off basically practicing for aircraft landings....then they definitely wouldn't be anywhere near breaking the sound barrier. maybe they got a little detonation on the #3 cylinder...VTEKH no engaging properly.

speedminded
02-03-2006, 11:08 AM
lol, you deleted it brett :tongue:

A.P. Photography
02-03-2006, 11:11 AM
...then they definitely wouldn't be anywhere near breaking the sound barrier. maybe they got a little detonation on the #3 cylinder...VTEKH no engaging properly.
:lmfao:

Tbird_guy
02-03-2006, 11:26 AM
Yeah, I used to live over there and I hated that shit, they do touch and go's, it is usually the f-18's mostly, but now f-22's are thrown into the mix, that shit is uber loud and IMHO uncalled for, but hey, it's their job, it wouldn't have bothered me as much if they would have flown a little higher, but flying at 1000 feet is a little noisy on the ground.

SixSquared
02-03-2006, 11:32 AM
lol for the last few days helicopters have been flying super low over my house... who knows where they're coming from or where they're going. I'm up in Athens, and they're all military helicopters... it was kinda funny the first 5 times... you hear like a low, quiet "thumpthumpthumpthumpthumpthump", and it gets louder and louder until it's like "BANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBA NGBANGBANG" right over my head, then it gets quieter and quieter... back to "thumpthumpthumpthumpthump"

HyPer50
02-03-2006, 11:34 AM
lol for the last few days helicopters have been flying super low over my house... who knows where they're coming from or where they're going. I'm up in Athens, and they're all military helicopters... it was kinda funny the first 5 times... you hear like a low, quiet "thumpthumpthumpthumpthumpthump", and it gets louder and louder until it's like "BANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBA NGBANGBANG" right over my head, then it gets quieter and quieter... back to "thumpthumpthumpthumpthump"

haha ya, I've heard those a few times over here too. Dunno what the hell kinda helicopter it is lol, sounds like one of those friggin' "chinooks" or however they are spelled... sure isn't a stealth copter lol

SixSquared
02-03-2006, 11:37 AM
^w3rd... hear em comin miles away. I don't know what kind they are. They look like this from them bottom, with the little wing-thingies...

http://www.global-defence.com/2003/images/eh101_merlin.jpg

speedminded
02-03-2006, 11:38 AM
haha ya, I've heard those a few times over here too. Dunno what the hell kinda helicopter it is lol, sounds like one of those friggin' "chinooks" or however they are spelled... sure isn't a stealth copter lolchinooks has a crazzzyy sound...twin rotors.

speedminded
02-03-2006, 11:39 AM
^w3rd... hear em comin miles away. I don't know what kind they are. They look like this from them bottom, with the little wing-thingies...

http://www.global-defence.com/2003/images/eh101_merlin.jpgthat's for the landing gear.

IronEagle
02-03-2006, 12:28 PM
that wasnt an F22....... i'll be sure to slow the honda down when passing through ok..... sorry for the inconvienece ;)

OH that was brilliant!

ISAtlanta300
02-03-2006, 04:13 PM

Hahaha LOL I heard them too yesterday..... those things are loud as shit !!