PDA

View Full Version : Misc Contraceptives?

Hulud
02-01-2006, 10:03 PM
whats your take on it?
religious wise, whether pro or against it whats your view?

Negrodamus
02-01-2006, 10:25 PM
No matter what religion, you'd be a dumbass to go in "raw dawg" in this day and age. The only major religions i know athat are anti contraceptive is Catholic,muslim and possibly the good ole southern baptist but who care about thoes hypocrites.

Hulud
02-01-2006, 10:27 PM
No matter what religion, you'd be a dumbass to go in "raw dawg" in this day and age. The only major religions i know athat are anti contraceptive is Catholic,muslim and possibly the good ole southern baptist but who care about thoes hypocrites.
well the point is that its altering gods image of creation isnt it?

metalman
02-02-2006, 12:10 PM
Objections to birth control have no Biblical basis. Its primarily another manufactured non-Biblical teaching originated by pagans in their use of temple prostitutes and carried into "christian" churches by the Roman Catholic church. It continues to be one of the primary "hobbies" of the Papacy.

But why do you ask, as you dont seem to believe in God anyway??

Hulud
02-02-2006, 06:28 PM
Objections to birth control have no Biblical basis. Its primarily another manufactured non-Biblical teaching originated by pagans in their use of temple prostitutes and carried into "christian" churches by the Roman Catholic church. It continues to be one of the primary "hobbies" of the Papacy.

since when does it matter if i believe in god?
i was asking for a discussion.

because sex is for creation isnt it?
so sex for only joy is right?
so im just asking

metalman
02-02-2006, 07:50 PM
since when does it matter if i believe in god?
i was asking for a discussion.

I will answer the first question by saying this...I think wicca is bullshit. I dont ever read, hang out, or ask questions in a wicca forum. Why? Because its all bullshit. I have better things to do. I find it interesting that "non believers" post questions in a religion forum, thats all.

Just trying to get a discussion going...nothing wrong with that.

because sex is for creation isnt it?
so sex for only joy is right?
so im just asking

Sex is for procreation and for joy...all the above. Sexual intimacy was created by God for the pleasure of man and woman. If it was for procreation only a woman wouldnt need to cum or be equipped to do so. Her orgasm is purely for pleasure. That alone should answer the question. 1500+ years of catholic propagated nonsense have people wondering when this really isnt rocket science. ;)

Hulud
02-02-2006, 08:34 PM
I will answer the first question by saying this...I think wicca is bullshit. I dont ever read, hang out, or ask questions in a wicca forum. Why? Because its all bullshit. I have better things to do. I find it interesting that "non believers" post questions in a religion forum, thats all.

wicca? why bring up that? isnt it witchcraft type of stuff?
anyways, if it wasnt for my suggestion this religion section wouldnt be here. i post questions and topics in here for a mere adult discussion, its not like im in here saying god is dumb cause i respect your beliefs. just in here for point of views and what believers are thinking on certain topics thats all

{X}Echo419
02-03-2006, 12:43 PM
ain't nuthin' bout' wrappin' it. If more people did there would be less traffic

Kevykev
02-03-2006, 05:56 PM
Well since you're speaking of contraceptives in terms or religion, than you might just have to include masturbaton as well :D

I personally believe that they should be used, because lack of use can lead to other problems facilitated by today's society that might jeopordize your religion. There's numerous aspects that you can view this from. Contraceptives during marriage, pre-marital contraceptive use; which is still considered a sin etc. etc.

Quick Fact:
Humans and Dolphins are the only mammals that have sex for purposes other that procreation.

sebastianHoff
02-04-2006, 02:30 PM
some catholics dont believe in contraceptives. when my brother got married last weekend his catholic wife was 3 months pregnant, so take what you will from that.

Hulud
02-04-2006, 03:44 PM
some catholics dont believe in contraceptives. when my brother got married last weekend his catholic wife was 3 months pregnant, so take what you will from that.
i know some catholics dont which is the reason i made this thread
to see what others feel about the topic

i dont see why metalman was all on my nuts about it?

metalman
02-04-2006, 04:57 PM
i know some catholics dont which is the reason i made this thread
to see what others feel about the topic

i dont see why metalman was all on my nuts about it?

The fact is many American catholics dont follow the church dogma on the subject. Their church is adamant about it, and as stated, it is not Biblical and all nonsense so I dont blame some people for ignoring the popes and their babblings.

And, I wasnt "on your nuts" about anything. I suggest you carefully re read my answers. Its pretty plain.

sebastianHoff
02-04-2006, 05:21 PM
well after they told her parents, her parnets put her little sister on birth control. i guess your right, even good catholics know the holy father is full of shit.

metalman
02-04-2006, 06:08 PM
well after they told her parents, her parnets put her little sister on birth control. i guess your right, even good catholics know the holy father is full of shit.

..which makes me wonder why someone would remain catholic when they know the pope/church is full of it. But I guess thats not really the subject of this thread.

sebastianHoff
02-04-2006, 09:39 PM
if the church says contraception is ok, then that means sex for perposes other than procreation is ok. so if sex is not just for procreation, why do you need to be married to have sex? so if they let the contraception thing go then the rest of their arguement falls apart.

Hulud
02-04-2006, 10:00 PM
there you were on my nuts about asking the question to begin with

thinking just beacause i dont believe in your god makes it unfit for me to ask questions to people who believe in a god

metalman
02-05-2006, 08:12 AM
there you were on my nuts about asking the question to begin with

thinking just beacause i dont believe in your god makes it unfit for me to ask questions to people who believe in a god

I never said it did, thats interesting how you twist my words to mean something I never even implied. Youre way over sensitive.

I only said I find it interesting that often those who profess "non belief" ask the questions. It also tells something of the human concience. ;)

metalman
02-05-2006, 08:19 AM
if the church says contraception is ok, then that means sex for perposes other than procreation is ok. so if sex is not just for procreation, why do you need to be married to have sex? so if they let the contraception thing go then the rest of their arguement falls apart.

Much of the reasoning of the catholic church falls apart under scrutiny...let alone any study of the Bible. This is not a reflection of its people really but of the system.

If you use only the Bible there is a priciple regarding the sacred nature of sex and how it is to be for marriage relations. Once you inject the catholic celibacy or anti birth control nonsense then it falls apart because neither of those principles are taught in the Bible.

Hulud
02-05-2006, 10:33 AM
I never said it did, thats interesting how you twist my words to mean something I never even implied. Youre way over sensitive.

I only said I find it interesting that often those who profess "non belief" ask the questions. It also tells something of the human concience. ;)
no thats just how it seems, that was what was implied by asking why a non believer would ever ask a question about your faith.

you never said "i find it interesting why non believers ask"
what you said was "why do you ask, as you dont seem to believe in God anyway??"

metalman
02-05-2006, 02:51 PM
no thats just how it seems, that was what was implied by asking why a non believer would ever ask a question about your faith.??"

Nothing was implied. You supplied your own implication and jumped a couple incorrect conclusions.

you never said "i find it interesting why non believers ask"
what you said was "why do you ask, as you dont seem to believe in God anyway??"

You are quite wrong. Like I said...
You need to re read my posts. Its there...you just arent reading or dont understand english.
Heres the quote from my post ... "I find it interesting that "non believers" post questions in a religion forum, thats all." And I explained why and you didnt seem to grasp the concept of that either. I thought it was pretty plain.

I have no problem with what you choose to believe or not believe. That was never an issue. I have no problem with you asking questions, in fact, to repeat myself, its telling of the divine given concience in all of us.

Hulud
02-05-2006, 03:53 PM
You are quite wrong. Like I said...
You need to re read my posts. Its there...you just arent reading or dont understand english.
Heres the quote from my post ... "I find it interesting that "non believers" post questions in a religion forum, thats all." And I explained why and you didnt seem to grasp the concept of that either. I thought it was pretty plain.

I have no problem with what you choose to believe or not believe. That was never an issue. I have no problem with you asking questions, in fact, to repeat myself, its telling of the divine given concience in all of us.
i did re-read your first post which is the one i am questioning
its right here

you may have said you find it interesting two posts ago but i was talking about that post right there. with that comment will always come the assumption i had.

but since i assumed wrong i apologize

metalman
02-05-2006, 09:48 PM
i did re-read your first post which is the one i am questioning
its right here
you may have said you find it interesting two posts ago but i was talking about that post right there. with that comment will always come the assumption i had.

but since i assumed wrong i apologize

That was a sincere question on my part.
I was interested in knowing why you would ask since as I understood it you didnt believe in the Christian/God thing.

Its all good. I am sorry if seemed to be some sort of "attack" upon you. It wasnt. Freedom OF religion and freedom FROM religion is near and dear to me and a cornerstone of America. I'd be the first person to defend your God given and American right to say there is no God...even though I disagree. :)

Hulud
02-05-2006, 11:37 PM
That was a sincere question on my part.
I was interested in knowing why you would ask since as I understood it you didnt believe in the Christian/God thing.

Its all good. I am sorry if seemed to be some sort of "attack" upon you. It wasnt. Freedom OF religion and freedom FROM religion is near and dear to me and a cornerstone of America. I'd be the first person to defend your God given and American right to say there is no God...even though I disagree. :)
good im glad we both can respect each others beliefs

Jaimecbr900
02-09-2006, 12:18 PM
It was touched on briefly already I think.

I was raised in a Catholic household. I am now a Methodist. Reason? Many, but the main one was that I was having doubts about certain teachings and therefore could not in good conscience remain a "member" of something I didn't agree with 100%.

With that said, part of the reason for Catholism's strict teachings of contraceptives and sex is probably because they may feel that if they give an inch they have to give a mile. In other words, they want everyone (right or wrong) to wait to have sex until they are married. Therefore, if they say "contraceptives" are "OK", they are in fact condoning the very thing they are trying to tell everyone NOT to do until they marry. Again, this is speculation but it has been a subject I've discussed with family members who are practicing Catholics and that is the typical response I get.

Do I agree or disagree?

Personally, I feel that sex wasn't meant as a strictly procreation only. Therefore, I don't feel that contraception is bad per se. I also am going to try and teach both my children (I have a boy AND a girl) that sex is not to be played with either and I'd like for them to wait as long as possible. Does that mean marriage? On one hand I'd like to think that, but on the other I'm realistic and KNOW that's probably a far fetched idea.

Am I gonna put my daughter on birth control? Maybe after I get thru chewing her a new one if that need ever arises. I wouldn't want her to have a child at 15, but I'm also not going to teach her it's suddenly OK to take this little "get out of jail" pill every day neither.

BTW, Catholics are not the only religion that teaches abstinance and are against contraceptives. They are the most famous, but many other religions feel the exact same way. I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, but Mormons also believe the same thing. I seem to remember, correct me again, that Muslims also feel the same way. I think even Jehovah's witness teach that too.