PDA

View Full Version : Sue over Contraception Meds

Hulud
02-01-2006, 03:07 PM
BOSTON - Backed by abortion rights groups, three Massachusetts women sued Wal-Mart on Wednesday, accusing the retail giant of violating a state regulation by failing to stock emergency contraception pills in its pharmacies.

The lawsuit, filed in state court, seeks to force the company to carry the morning-after pill in its 44 Wal-Marts and four Sam Club stores in Massachusetts.

More (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060201/ap_on_re_us/wal_mart_contraception)

this is shit that Plan B crap is NOT commonly prescribed.
I have worked in the pharmacy field for 3 1/2 years and we have never gotten a prescription for plan B (or any other emergency contraceptives). and plus why cant the doctor who prescribes it just carry it and sell it?

this is just another reason why drugs are so expensive in the US. dumb fucking lawsuits :2cents:

IndianStig
02-01-2006, 03:12 PM
we are the country where you sue for the stupidest shit

judges need to be more like straight forward people and say shut the fuck up hoe, use a condom, in legal terms

Hulud
02-01-2006, 03:14 PM
we are the country where you sue for the stupidest shit

judges need to be more like straight forward people and say shut the fuck up hoe, use a condom, in legal terms
close you fucking legs lol

but in all seriousness the doctors should be the ones carrying that shit

IndianStig
02-01-2006, 03:18 PM
close you fucking legs lol

but in all seriousness the doctors should be the ones carrying that shit

my aunt, a doctor, said that someone tried to sue her because she told them to use non-natural contraception and they were catholic :lmfao:

i think nothing happened with the case tho, it was merely a threat

4dmin
02-01-2006, 03:46 PM
i don't see that going anywhere b/c i know pharmacist here in GA have full right to not despense a drug to whom/what they feel. Now is that right... i don't think it is i think its your choice to get such drugs you should be allowed to recieve them.

If everyone practiced this scenerio we would live in a fucked up world... it would be like someone coming to me for a business meeting wearing a cross and i turn them away b/c i dont' work w/ people who worship GOD. :rolleyes:

Hulud
02-01-2006, 05:46 PM
i don't see that going anywhere b/c i know pharmacist here in GA have full right to not despense a drug to whom/what they feel. Now is that right... i don't think it is i think its your choice to get such drugs you should be allowed to recieve them.

If everyone practiced this scenerio we would live in a fucked up world... it would be like someone coming to me for a business meeting wearing a cross and i turn them away b/c i dont' work w/ people who worship GOD. :rolleyes:
in Ga the pharmacist must carry all highly prescribed drugs.
(exception to the rule: contraceptives, any drug that the pharmacist has a moral or religious issue with the drug they may choose not to dispense it)