PDA

View Full Version : So, valentines is coming, what roses to get?

pinoyboy
02-01-2006, 09:46 AM
Alright, I've been with this gir for 9 months, and I want to get her some roses. I'd like an opinion from the ladies. I'm spending $60 on the roses, thats it, I already have some other things.

I can figure out if which she'd like more, a bouquet or an arranged set with vase. So, which would be nicer, or you can give me another option. thanks

http://www.ftd.com/5970/catalog/product.epl?product_id=06-V6
http://ww2.1800flowers.com/product.asp?seid=1&p=1085&sv=607&search%5Ftype=s%5Fcollection&fc%5Ftrack1=&cur%5Findex=3&channel=

thinkfast®
02-01-2006, 09:51 AM
Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life there.

speedminded
02-01-2006, 10:02 AM
www.ediblearrangements.com ...chocolate covered strawberries and you can have alot more fun with them later that night ;)

Leisa
02-01-2006, 10:02 AM
Alright, I've been with this gir for 9 months, and I want to get her some roses. I'd like an opinion from the ladies. I'm spending $60 on the roses, thats it, I already have some other things.

I can figure out if which she'd like more, a bouquet or an arranged set with vase. So, which would be nicer, or you can give me another option. thanks

http://www.ftd.com/5970/catalog/product.epl?product_id=06-V6
http://ww2.1800flowers.com/product.asp?seid=1&p=1085&sv=607&search%5Ftype=s%5Fcollection&fc%5Ftrack1=&cur%5Findex=3&channel=

Roses are overrated, try something like tulips, daisies, lilys, etc

TheSnail
02-01-2006, 10:05 AM
60$? Dude their like 3$ at the gas station, and come with a plasic funnel to carry them in. I get my girl friend one every other year, and she's not complaining.

goldeneyes
02-01-2006, 10:06 AM
www.ediblearrangements.com (http://www.ediblearrangements.com/) ...chocolate covered strawberries and you can have alot more fun with them later that night ;)

Thats a very good idea. Something different. But flowers are always a plus. :)

pinoyboy
02-01-2006, 10:06 AM
Roses are overrated, try something like tulips, daisies, lilys, etc

Naw, but she says she likes roses, so thats what i'll get

kelly marie
02-01-2006, 10:10 AM
personally my opinion... roses dont last very long.. wildflowers are terrific... also if she likes roses just get her one and then get some other things she might enjoy more.. like jewerly..

you pay all the money for flowers and they die a week later.. get her something she can wear forever..

or be creative and do something sweet like a nice bath with candles or a personal massage from you or if you have some monies.. a nice weekend away at a bed and breakfast... something different..

kelly marie
02-01-2006, 10:11 AM
www.ediblearrangements.com (http://www.ediblearrangements.com/) hey ive heard of that before.. lol

speedminded
02-01-2006, 10:15 AM
Thats a very good idea. Something different. But flowers are always a plus. :)yeah yeah, i'm kinda anti-rose unless its on a bush...maybe that's why i'll prolly be single too, lol...they die within days and then have nothing to show for it. At least my idea you can eat and maybe have a lil fun with it later...but i'd prolly have to get a single rose with a card just for principle and it could always be broken apart and thrown in the tub or something that night...of course throwing in a basket of hot massage oils (and actually using them!) doesn't hurt either :2cents:

speedminded
02-01-2006, 10:16 AM
hey ive heard of that before.. lol:jerkit:

:D

pinoyboy
02-01-2006, 10:17 AM
personally my opinion... roses dont last very long.. wildflowers are terrific... also if she likes roses just get her one and then get some other things she might enjoy more.. like jewerly..

you pay all the money for flowers and they die a week later.. get her something she can wear forever..

or be creative and do something sweet like a nice bath with candles or a personal massage from you or if you have some monies.. a nice weekend away at a bed and breakfast... something different..

I wish, but her parents are pretty strict. She's 20 and has a curfew of like 10:30pm. I'm sure they'll say something to her when she gets them.

I thought I was being a cheap skate with the flowers for valentines day. Also, when theres no special occasion, sometimes i'll get some from kroger and have them wrap it and stuff.

goldeneyes
02-01-2006, 10:18 AM
yeah yeah, i'm kinda anti-rose unless its on a bush...maybe that's why i'll prolly be single too, lol...they die within days and then have nothing to show for it. At least my idea you can eat and maybe have a lil fun with it later...but i'd prolly have to get a single rose with a card just for principle and it could always be broken apart and thrown in the tub or something that night...of course throwing in a basket of hot massage oils (and actually using them!) doesn't hurt either :2cents:

Now how can you say you'll be single? You have a romantic side to you. :)

speedminded
02-01-2006, 10:18 AM

or be creative and do something sweet like a nice bath with candles or a personal massage from you or if you have some monies.. a nice weekend away at a bed and breakfast... something different..heyyy :rant: i know i started typing my reply first :glare:

kelly marie
02-01-2006, 10:22 AM
I wish, but her parents are pretty strict. She's 20 and has a curfew of like 10:30pm. I'm sure they'll say something to her when she gets them.

I thought I was being a cheap skate with the flowers for valentines day. Also, when theres no special occasion, sometimes i'll get some from kroger and have them wrap it and stuff.well its really the thought that counts.. and if she likes them then get them... im sure she will love whatever you get her.. :)

Sonja
02-01-2006, 10:23 AM
i think roses are always cute;)

Tiff-O-Bitties
02-01-2006, 11:16 AM
I really don't like getting flowers b/c they die, it's pointless... I love chocolates and jewelry and stuff that actually has a value.. maybe give her 1-3 roses, some chocolates and a card with how you truely feel about her written in it.

Jimmy B
02-01-2006, 12:38 PM
one of my boys makes, and sells metal roses.... they never die, or break, they are always around.. lol...

but they are 25-30 a piece.. so.. a dozen.. is crazy.. lol

goldeneyes
02-01-2006, 01:38 PM
I really don't like getting flowers b/c they die, it's pointless... I love chocolates and jewelry and stuff that actually has a value.. maybe give her 1-3 roses, some chocolates and a card with how you truely feel about her written in it.
I'm with you. Flowers are nice but they die. It is always nice to have something to remember the occasion.:)

fawk_you
02-01-2006, 01:44 PM
11 real roses, 1 fake rose... the fake one being for ever lasting beauty...:) Should be nice for a long relationship. :)

Stormhammer
02-01-2006, 01:57 PM
look for roses that are called " Painters Rose" or something

they're spiffy

Jimmy B
02-01-2006, 02:33 PM
he said spiffy.. lirl

pinoyboy
02-01-2006, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the options people. I think I'll stick with some flowers, a big teddy bear, and shes been talking about this perfume called Escada, so i'll get that, and some dinner.

So which one of the flowers you guys thinks looks better, the 1st or 2nd?

IndianStig
02-01-2006, 03:15 PM

I thought I was being a cheap skate with the flowers for valentines day. Also, when theres no special occasion, sometimes i'll get some from kroger and have them wrap it and stuff.

dayum ni**a

if you really like her let her move in with you, that has got to be some really harsh parents

is she asian?? :lmfao:

speedminded
02-01-2006, 03:22 PM
dayum ni**a

if you really like her let her move in with you, that has got to be some really harsh parents

is she asian?? :lmfao:shittt, there's plenty of time for that...no need to rush no matter how frustrating it is. When she's ready she'll move out, let her decide.

pinoyboy
02-01-2006, 04:21 PM
yup, shes asian