PDA

View Full Version : Loitering/Prowling ticket in Fulton County.

madEGhatch05
01-31-2006, 08:34 PM
i was in fulton county about 2 months ago trying to find some action goin on..and a good bit of people met up in an industrial park with only one exit. we were supposed to meet up and go to another spot but some people that have small brains started racing. before you know it, the cops come. they write us all (15 or 20 people) tickets for loitering. me and a couple others only, recieved a ticket saying "loitering/prowling". hopefully the prowling charge gets dropped seeing how everyone was doing the same thing and only a few people get charged with that..

but my question is..does anyone know how much a loitering ticket costs? and how much a prowling ticket could be?

thanks.

EJ25RUN
01-31-2006, 08:38 PM
fight it, tell them your an orphan and have no job, they lower my fine to

50 bux. :D

smiley723
02-07-2006, 10:48 PM
I have had several loitering tickets. However, mine were all in Gainesville. I don't think I paid more than 50 bucks for each of mine. I don't remember though, it has been that long!!

quickdodgeŽ
02-08-2006, 04:34 AM
fight it, tell them your an orphan and have no job, they lower my fine to

50 bux. :D

How's he going to fight it? He was there. He can't prove he wasn't there because he got the citation. Later, QD.

{X}Echo419
02-08-2006, 08:42 AM
he should look up the law on Loitering. maybe what he was doing hadn't constituted loitering. Maybe he wasn't there "long enough" or something.
O.J Simpson proved the propper defense can aquit someone of any crime

Sibious
02-08-2006, 09:43 AM
^^ya just look up the laws and shit

EmminoDaGreat
02-08-2006, 09:47 AM
youll lose, a bunch of us went for that friday to fulton county, and its 140$ if you plead guilty, if you plead not guilty it can go on your record if found guilty, and judge can throw you in jail, only 3 people pled not guilty and they all got fucked... so just pay it and be happy

wantboost
02-08-2006, 11:42 AM
^^^ yep. they pretty much got ya. id just pay it

TIGERJC
02-08-2006, 01:54 PM
o i thought we were welcome in that industrial park, i havent been there since oct. Is this in south fulton.

MrEG62U
02-08-2006, 06:07 PM
ur lucky my buddy got arrested downtown for walking down some train tracks and charged for both

Tracy
02-08-2006, 06:10 PM
LOL. This must have been on good ole Ottley drive off Monroe! When our shop was over there we saw this happen all of the time. It was kind of funny. We'd drive down there in our old beater red truck to see if there was any action...so if the cops came they couldn't say we were street racing. One time we actually got stuck in the ticketing line on our way out of the shop at 2 am and the cop was like "were you down there street racing?" and I was like "in my 5 speed Chevy 1500 W/T???" LOL. Helet us go (we weren't doing anything anyways cept leavingthe shop after a long night of workingon the Supra. But you can garun damn tee that if we were in a Honda we would've been ticketed).

HiPSI
02-08-2006, 07:52 PM
we were supposed to meet up and go to another spot but some people that have small brains started racing. before you know it, the cops come.

in the time it takes for a police officer to hear about the racing and respond to it i'm sure there was enough time to leave ;).

quickdodgeŽ
02-08-2006, 08:26 PM
he should look up the law on Loitering. maybe what he was doing hadn't constituted loitering. Maybe he wasn't there "long enough" or something.

You're on a roll today for bad advise. The part in bold is where my main point comes in. Hanging around an Industrial park late at night or at (I'm sure) afterhours times doesn't sound like he had legit business to do there. That would consitute loitering. Later, QD.

§treet_§peed
02-08-2006, 08:59 PM
shit suxs when that happens...

{X}Echo419
02-09-2006, 08:02 AM
You're on a roll today for bad advise. The part in bold is where my main point comes in. Hanging around an Industrial park late at night or at (I'm sure) afterhours times doesn't sound like he had legit business to do there. That would consitute loitering. Later, QD.
:jerkit:
maybe somebody that wa there worked in the park. maybe you have to be there for X time and he wasn't there long enough. b/c I'm sure if someone pulled into a office park to turn around or make a phone call they wouldn't get ticketed.
meand some friends will hang out in front of his work all the time and when the cops come by he just tells him that he works there and the leave.

quickdodgeŽ
02-09-2006, 08:22 PM
b/c I'm sure if someone pulled into a office park to turn around or make a phone call they wouldn't get ticketed.

Well, it'd be easy to tell if someone is turning around in an industrial lot. doubt if he was turning around that he would be out of his car hanging out with others. And in the late night/wee morning hours? Later, QD.

R3RUN
02-14-2006, 07:47 PM
I thought that you had to be asked to leave by the property owner or manager before it was considered loitering.

babygurl
02-15-2006, 03:10 AM
I thought loitering and prowling were two different tickets?

quickdodgeŽ
02-15-2006, 04:42 AM
I thought that you had to be asked to leave by the property owner or manager before it was considered loitering.

Nope. If you are on the property of a business and you are not conducting business with that company, it is considered loitering. Later, QD.

98Impreza234
02-15-2006, 08:24 AM
That is pretty dumb.

BABY J
02-15-2006, 08:48 AM
Nope. If you are on the property of a business and you are not conducting business with that company, it is considered loitering. Later, QD.

Wrong. None of this is exacly black and white either, but there is a thing of "more" wrong and "less" wrong. I usually do not get into this internet gayness of bickering back and forth... but I owned a speed shop in Colorado Springs. A lot of the locals would hang out in the lot, they were not conducting business but they were not considered loitering. In most states the loitering tickets you receive would be thrown out simply b/c it's private property. The law comes in when/if the business has contracted/informed the city to police their property. In essence, it's up to the property owners to press the issue. As a business owner, Colorado told me that as long as I posted NO LOITERING signs on/near my business, that gave local enforcement power to enforce loitering laws. If I did not do that, then their "move on" threats are basically just suggestions as far as the courts are concerned, although no tuner in his right mind would not take that suggestion to heart if presented w/ such an easy way out as "move along". And as far as madEGhatch05 is concerned, at the 1st race you SHOULD have left. NE1 who is still using Ind. parks and large groups to prove points are either not the smartest, or havn't been in the game long enough (LOL). If I wanna do it, I bring 1 witness w/ a cam, and I bring the person I am running. Doesn't take a "meet" to get your hp, traction, acceleration/top speed point across. At the end of the day, I would contact the park (SERIOUSLY) before the court date and tell them what happened. Ask them if they have a no loitering policy, and if they have signs posted. No matter what their answer is, if you document the persons name and what they said to you... the judge will note that you were being proactive and maybe lighten up. For example, if they say "Yes we have a no loitering policy, but we do not have signs posted", you can say that to the judge that you were not aware b/c there were no signs posted. You are ALSO in the clear b/c you were NOT given a drag-racing/wreckless-driving/wreckless-endangerment/spectator citation... which says that you were not actually involved in anything except for what the ticket says... "loitering", which is relative, not definite. If I pull over at an industrial park to talk on the cell phone after hours doesn't mean I am loitering... I am simply a safe driver. Simply stated, "loitering" is easy(easier) to beat b/c it's relative.

{X}Echo419
02-15-2006, 10:19 AM
^correct! :goodjob:

quickdodgeŽ
02-15-2006, 03:35 PM
Wrong.

Not exactly.

None of this is exacly black and white either,

Correct.

. I usually do not get into this internet gayness of bickering back and forth...

Who's "bickering?" If you are in an Industrial Park's lot, and it's 2-3am, you (more than likely) have no business there. That constitutes loitering. Maybe things are different in CS, CO. But this isn't CO. Later, QD.

{X}Echo419
02-16-2006, 07:55 AM
i was in fulton county about 2 months ago trying to find some action goin on..and a good bit of people met up in an industrial park with only one exit. we were supposed to meet up and go to another spot but some people that have small brains started racing. before you know it, the cops come. they write us all (15 or 20 people) tickets for loitering. me and a couple others only, recieved a ticket saying "loitering/prowling". hopefully the prowling charge gets dropped seeing how everyone was doing the same thing and only a few people get charged with that..

but my question is..does anyone know how much a loitering ticket costs? and how much a prowling ticket could be?

thanks.

Appox what time did this happen?

{X}Echo419
02-16-2006, 12:51 PM
The Law in Georgia concerning Loitering/prowling

16-11-36.
(a) A person commits the offense of loitering or prowling when he is in a place at a time or in a manner not usual for law-abiding individuals under circumstances that warrant a justifiable and reasonable alarm or immediate concern for the safety of persons or property in the vicinity.
(b) Among the circumstances which may be considered in determining whether alarm is warranted is the fact that the person takes flight upon the appearance of a law enforcement officer, refuses to identify himself, or manifestly endeavors to conceal himself or any object. Unless flight by the person or other circumstances make it impracticable, a law enforcement officer shall, prior to any arrest for an offense under this Code section, afford the person an opportunity to dispel any alarm or immediate concern which would otherwise be warranted by requesting the person to identify himself and explain his presence and conduct. No person shall be convicted of an offense under this Code section if the law enforcement officer failed to comply with the foregoing procedure or if it appears at trial that the explanation given by the person was true and would have dispelled the alarm or immediate concern.
(c) A person committing the offense of loitering or prowling shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.
(d) This Code section shall not be deemed or construed to affect or limit the powers of counties or municipal corporations to adopt ordinances or resolutions prohibiting loitering or prowling within their respective limits.