PDA

View Full Version : 1g Turbo Upgrade for my ECLIPSE

TRINI4LIFE
04-15-2005, 06:50 AM
I am trying to upgrade my 92 ECLIPSE GS to a GST. Anyone know where I can get a good deal on low mileage motor and tranny at a good price?

fastazztalon
04-15-2005, 01:40 PM
You should already have the 4G63. Its not hard to throw the stock 1g (14B) turbo on it.

Check this page out:
1G NT to Turbo Swap (http://www.angelfire.com/il2/freestyle/turboconversion.html)

b19wheels
04-18-2005, 08:30 AM
HeY 4LIFE i have all those parts you need to boost your car.. I just stipped my car for a new setup.. This is what i have off my 1g. exhaust mani,14b turbo,intake mani,stock muffler and piping, i even have my turbo cams still on the cam gears!! Also i might sell my injectors too!! Just let me know i will sell you everything cheap!! [email protected]

TIaccordSh
04-18-2005, 12:34 PM
You should already have the 4G63. Its not hard to throw the stock 1g (14B) turbo on it.

Check this page out:
1G NT to Turbo Swap (http://www.angelfire.com/il2/freestyle/turboconversion.html)
Gonna need the turbo cams also

L'ville
04-18-2005, 08:10 PM
okay lets think about this isn't it better for him to buy my eclipse instead of spending countless hours on this car and huge amount of $$ and on the end there is no way it's going to run right (Trust me i have turboed my RS) when you turbo charge a car that did not have turbo on it already it is very hard to make it run right...
here my car
I have a 1990 Eclipse GST for sale. I put a lot of work into this thing, i am only looking for a fraction of what i put in it.
- New Rebuilt Engine
- New 1g Pistons
- New 2g Rods
- Removed balance and shafts
- Uprgaded turbo to Small 16 g
- Brand New Head
- Seals
- All New belts
- New Clutch
- New Clutch Slave Cyl.
- 99 Gst wheels
- Clean interior w/ all acce. working even A/C and orig. CD player
Only Needs a new pait job Asking $4000 obo

fastazztalon
04-18-2005, 08:59 PM
He can make his a GST for less than 1K. What is balance and shafts? Do you mean the balance shafts? Also, Im curious why you wouldnt put 1G rods, and 2G pistons in it, instead of 2G small rods and 1G lower compression pistons? Also, its very simple to make the car run right. Its all bolt on. Whats hard about getting it to run right, specifically? Maybe I can clear that up for you.

TRINI4LIFE
04-19-2005, 09:24 AM
Thank for all of your help guys, I really appreciate it. I am not trying to by a car just trying to swap out my high mileage motor for something more powerful and less miles. I was thinking either of bolt ons or cheap motors. My dad is a Mitsu Tech and I get the work done for free.

Spyder
04-21-2005, 07:16 PM
i turboed my eclpise.. it had a 4g64. i bolted on all factory 1g parts and a 2g DP i never had a single problem out of it. factory ecu with a safc. if you want the complete deal that i have including the FMIC let me know i need some cash and will sell it cheap. there are plenty of people that know me and my car and will vouch for it. as long as you dont get stupid with boost youll never have a problem. any car can be boosted it's just a matter of tuning. the ONLY thing youll need if you go with the setup i have is a new in tank FPR and a 1g turbo intake pipe which im sure you can find both locally for less then 50 bucks.

b19wheels
05-10-2005, 10:50 AM
I have a low milage motor for sale gimme a holla if you want it [email protected]