PDA

View Full Version : Coretta Scott King, dies at age 78

Leisa
01-31-2006, 07:06 AM
ATLANTA - Coretta Scott King, the 78-year-old widow of civil rights leader Rev. Martin Luther King, died on Tuesday, former Atlanta mayor Andrew Jackson Young Jr. told NBC News.

King had been recovering at home since suffering a stroke and heart attack in August.

She was last seen in public when she made a surprise appearance at a fundraiser on what would have been her husband's 77th birthday earlier this month.

ATLANTA - Coretta Scott King, the 78-year-old widow of civil rights leader Rev. Martin Luther King, died on Tuesday, former Atlanta mayor Andrew Jackson Young Jr. told NBC News.

King had been recovering at home since suffering a stroke and heart attack in August.

She was last seen in public when she made a surprise appearance at a fundraiser on what would have been her husband's 77th birthday earlier this month.

Macro
01-31-2006, 08:09 AM
R.I.P Mrs. King.

The Ren
01-31-2006, 08:11 AM
aww that's so sad :(

blacknightteg
01-31-2006, 08:12 AM
damn.....

Kevykev
01-31-2006, 08:15 AM
For real yo, my mom just told me.

May she rest in peace!

collins
01-31-2006, 10:42 AM
may her soul rest in peace. maybe they'll make HER a holiday too!

Xrated O.G.
01-31-2006, 10:55 AM
PEACE OUT BIOTCH...

SixSquared
01-31-2006, 11:46 AM
She was a great woman, and will be missed. Channel 2's been doing little bits on her all day. Great woman, great cause. R.I.P.

LemonAJAX
01-31-2006, 11:49 AM
well personally it made me mad that black people (no offense intended to any african americans.. lol) would say it was our faults (white people) that they had february, the shortest month of the year for black history month.. she the one that picked it!!! Corretta scott king did it not me or any other white man for that matter.. ow well RIP hoe..

99ITRGIRL
01-31-2006, 12:00 PM
RIP...

quickdodgeŽ
01-31-2006, 04:47 PM
well personally it made me mad that black people (no offense intended to any african americans.. lol) would say it was our faults (white people) that they had february, the shortest month of the year for black history month.. she the one that picked it!!! Corretta scott king did it not me or any other white man for that matter.. ow well RIP hoe..

And every thread has to have a dumbass.

RIP, Ms. King. Later, QD.

Kevykev
01-31-2006, 04:51 PM

you my friend are an ignorant prick and quite frankly, deserve no more attn. from anyone in life!

"RIP HOE"

Amazing how cloudy your mind is.