PDA

View Full Version : Graveyard (photography / photoshop)

DrivenMind
01-30-2006, 01:55 AM
These we're taken at 2AM last night. I'd like to hear everyones opinions and comments, especially from other photographer. I'll be posting more as I finish resizing them in photoshop.

(Note: I'm aware that I could remove the excess amber from the photo if I wanted too, but I feel it actually adds something to the picture.)

Here is the first one.

edit; the second one has been added (3:24 AM)
edit; the third one has been added (2:04 PM, page 2)

Stormhammer
01-30-2006, 02:10 AM
some of them definitely look photoshop - like the front center one - too clean ( and just watch, its a real one haha ) plus the shadowing doesnt exactly follow through right ( some seem brighter when it looks like they should be darker )

but overall nice - I like it - almost looks like a military memorial cemetary

HyPer50
01-30-2006, 02:15 AM
but overall nice - I like it - almost looks like a military memorial cemetary

I'm pretty sure that it is... it looks like the one over off roswell st.

DrivenMind
01-30-2006, 02:20 AM
some of them definitely look photoshop - like the front center one - too clean ( and just watch, its a real one haha ) plus the shadowing doesnt exactly follow through right ( some seem brighter when it looks like they should be darker )

What's funny is they are all real. I didn't do any selective photoshop work on that picture, the only thing I did was brighten it, and resize it.

Also, good guess... as it was taken at a military cemetery.

edit: I think I see what you're saying about some looking brighter, but if you look a little closer you'll notice that some of the headstones shadows are actually landing on the headstones in the row behind.

DrivenMind
01-30-2006, 02:22 AM
the second one.

Stormhammer
01-30-2006, 02:47 AM
ah - might just be how the sun is hitting them then? my mistake

I like it though - the amber + military cemetary kinda gives you a sense of the blood shed for freedom and during the times of war

DrivenMind
01-30-2006, 03:27 AM
ah - might just be how the sun is hitting them then? my mistake

I like it though - the amber + military cemetary kinda gives you a sense of the blood shed for freedom and during the times of war

Ahh... the pictures were taken at night. So no sun. The amber is coming from the street lights a few hundred feet away. But it's not the first time someone said it looked like it was taken at sunset.

Seymour222
01-30-2006, 09:31 AM
Your pics are always really good, and my nikon coolpix sux. So keep posting up those badass pics.

Repost Squintz
01-30-2006, 09:40 AM
hmmm no ghosts?

BTLFED
01-30-2006, 09:50 AM
Man, that first pic is teh hotness! I would put it as the wallpaper on my laptop if it was 1024x768. :goodjob:

DrivenMind
01-30-2006, 09:58 AM
I've got another pair coming from the same shoot, I'm just being lazy and don't want to edit them at the moment.

BTLFED
01-30-2006, 10:20 AM
Hook up that first pic in 1024x768, y0! :goodjob:

A.P. Photography
01-30-2006, 10:56 AM
The first pic hands down is the better one. I love the feel of it. The second one is not really that good. The street takes away from the feel and draws your eyes away from the intended object. All in all the first pic is top notch. Good job.

Scrilla
01-30-2006, 11:03 AM
The first pic hands down is the better one. I love the feel of it. The second one is not really that good. The street takes away from the feel and draws your eyes away from the intended object. All in all the first pic is top notch. Good job.

Ditto!

Halfwit
01-30-2006, 12:45 PM
yes the amber gives it a lil somthin eextra. first pic is best. imo

GsrTurbo320
01-30-2006, 12:47 PM
sweeet..pics

DrivenMind
01-30-2006, 01:02 PM
I removed a little amber from this one to make the cross stand out a bit more.

Teg, I get what you're saying about the second one, but to me it almost looks as though the ground is on fire behind the tree... maybe that's just how I perceived it, but there's something about it I really like, especially how the outer branches of the tree are blurry due to the wind while the rest of the tree is not. I would definitely have to agree though, the street is very distracting, but that was kind of the way I intended for it to be... if that makes any sense. Let me know what you think of the third.

A.P. Photography
01-30-2006, 01:04 PM
I like the third but not as much as the first. If I can nitpick a lil the only thing I would have done differently is move the angle of the camera to the left so that the cross blocks out the bright white light in the background. That light draws your focus from the rest of the pic but overall I like it. Still not as much as the first.

DrivenMind
01-30-2006, 01:06 PM
If I can nitpick a lil the only thing I would have done differently is move the angle of the camera to the left so that the cross blocks out the bright white light in the background. That light draws your focus from the rest of the pic but overall I like it.

ya, I thought about that, but I wanted the flag to parallel the cross without being behind it.

fawk_you
01-30-2006, 01:07 PM
Those pictureS are wonderful. I love stuff like that! Which graveyard is that? Looks like one from ATL?

A.P. Photography
01-30-2006, 01:08 PM
I see what your saying and in a situation like that you could either raise the camera or lower it since either one would have hidden the light and still kept the flag parallel.

DrivenMind
01-30-2006, 01:12 PM
I see what your saying and in a situation like that you could either raise the camera or lower it since either one would have hidden the light and still kept the flag parallel.

Fair enough, but I could just photoshop the light out if. I'll give it a shot later this evening and post the results.

Fawk, it's a military graveyard near Marietta square. I can't think of the name at the moment though...

fawk_you
01-30-2006, 01:17 PM
Ive been to that one before, there's a big lion somewhere in the middle of the graveyard on a soldiers casket all in stone. If you can find that, right beside it- there is a tree, with NO SHIT- flat brances... that would be awesome to take pictures of! But yea, very nice pictures!!

BTLFED
01-30-2006, 01:45 PM
:Still waits on wall paper request to be filled:

HiPSI
01-30-2006, 03:14 PM
the 2nd pic would be awesome if the street wasn't there and the headstones just kept going and going with the tree in the middle. the first is by far the best though, has a somewhat eerie feeling to it, you can pretty much imagine the silence in the picture.

chameleon30038
01-30-2006, 08:09 PM
awesome photos man...keep up the nice work

DrivenMind
01-30-2006, 08:20 PM
It's coming btlfed, it's coming.

NAIZBST
01-30-2006, 08:29 PM
nice pics like that first one

BTLFED
01-30-2006, 08:35 PM
It's coming btlfed, it's coming.